Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

as a seller can we refuse to sell to a buyer who has suspect purchase history?
obviously offers can be refused, but what if BIN or winning auction?
asking for myself

I believe the Covid 19 policies eBay put into place allow you to cancel a sale for any reason and remove negative feedback.

https://export.ebay.com/en/seller-updates/covid19/covid19/
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Do folks include a note in their ebay deal packages suggesting an option to deal directly on future deals?

I know Ebay does not allow any such shananigans thru their messaging system...but I don't think a note in the package for a future deal would go against policy??? 

Mama dont know.png

So I just got this message.... this is for a funko pop.

Hello, My name is %^%$%^ and I LOVE this so much and been wanting it really bad! Would you please please please kindly be willing to donate one to me please? :) I have a TBI & brain injury and am often in a wheelchair because my legs are really messed up. I also have PTSD, Panic Attacks, Major Depression, Night Terrors, Lymphedema, Lung and rib cage trauma from broken ribs that punctured my left lung. I died and even left my body when I was 5 years old. I don't have any money and I live on disability income. :( After rent, utilities, gas, petcare, and necessities, I am broke. In Fact my Mom has to pay my cable and phone because I can't even afford that with my disability. We have a few cats that have special needs. One was hit by a car before we adopted her. We noticed her tail wasn't working when we got her home. She just dragged it and she had a limp. They didn't expect her to live this long. She is 14 and still kicking. 
I would appreciate it greatly and would really mean the world to me.
Thank you for your time. Please keep safe.

Kindest Regards,

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

Hello, My name is %^%$%^ and I LOVE this so much and been wanting it really bad! Would you please please please kindly be willing to donate one to me please? :) I have a TBI & brain injury and am often in a wheelchair because my legs are really messed up. I also have PTSD, Panic Attacks, Major Depression, Night Terrors, Lymphedema, Lung and rib cage trauma from broken ribs that punctured my left lung. I died and even left my body when I was 5 years old. I don't have any money and I live on disability income. :( After rent, utilities, gas, petcare, and necessities, I am broke. In Fact my Mom has to pay my cable and phone because I can't even afford that with my disability. We have a few cats that have special needs. One was hit by a car before we adopted her. We noticed her tail wasn't working when we got her home. She just dragged it and she had a limp. They didn't expect her to live this long. She is 14 and still kicking. 

Kindest Regards,

And you responded saying you are a one-eyed deaf-mute war veteran with an opioid addiction who needs to support 15 kids in a dilapidated van on an impound lot after his wife left him with maxed out credit cards and alimony, so if she could be so kind and pay double the price thank you very much?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

And you responded saying you are a one-eyed deaf-mute war veteran with an opioid addiction who needs to support 15 kids in a dilapidated van on an impound lot after his wife left him with maxed out credit cards and alimony, so if she could be so kind and pay double the price thank you very much?

i figured i'd hear the replies here.... i'm too much of a sucker to reply... in case its true.... and this person is also not intelligent.

10 hours ago, thelovemachine said:

i figured i'd hear the replies here.... i'm too much of a sucker to reply... in case its true.... and this person is also not intelligent.

In all seriousness: You gain nothing by replying to this person. Add their user name to your block list and move on. My response was purely for comic relief.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

In all seriousness: You gain nothing by replying to this person. Add their user name to your block list and move on. My response was purely for comic relief.

My bro said "That's a lot of problems that Jessica Rabbit will not solve any of em"

it was for a funko jessica rabbit.  :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, thelovemachine said:

Kindest Regards,

Tell them,

You saw you have, TBI and brain injury, DUDE the BI in TBI stands for BRAIN injury.You don't "have" both!

Also, I feel very sorry that your legs are messed up. Normally the cancer(Lymph edema) shouldn't cause you to be in a wheelchair, a couch/chair should work just fine! Perhaps you are forgetting that you broke your legs? Another thing I am confused about is how you are still alive! If you have major depression, then it is important that you are breathing normally, however you aren't because of your punctured left lung. While lack of breathing will contribute to your night terrors and panic attacks, it seems as if you might also have some heart problems. Because those night terrors and panic attacks during the day are happening  from the body not having the rest it needs which can sometimes cause the trigger. Oh, and if you have traumatic brain injury this will cause your brain to not produce enough serotonin. Since your brain can't even produce enough serotonin for itself, you wouldn't be even able to HAVE depression, because your neurotic sensors can't produce the necessary signals to have a depression. Also, you can't have rib trauma. And if your rib really was broken and resulted in a pneumothorax(a VERY rare case, so am surprised you have it) you would be LAYING DOWN, NOT sit in a WHEELCHAIR! If your chest is flailed then your left lungs would be weighing down your diaphragm  causing any air you get from the right lung to be wasted on having to move the diaphragm up. By sitting, you are effectively KILLING YOURSELF, because you are denying your body the air it SO DESPERATELY needs because you only have one lung. If somehow you are still alive even though all your conditions are inflicting each other and you are IMPOSSIBLY able to have problems that CAN NOT co-exist. GO NOW AND GET YOURSELF ON TV! That should make money. Also, you show a clear demonstration of the English language, and a computer keyboard so go get a job where you can sit in your wheelchair AKA suffocate yourself and do work that can be done online. Thanks for your time and patience as I had to type this all while in a hospital bed strapped to the outside of an airplane, where I am so high up, that I haven't breathed clean air and have so far held my breath the last couple of hours, not that it matters, because I don't have lungs, or legs, or arms, or most of my lower torso. I am just a head and a neck. That's about it.

On 6/18/2020 at 9:51 PM, thelovemachine said:

Kindest Regards,

The person was obviously joking lol.  "I died and even left my body when I was 5 years old.  Come on ha.

14 hours ago, stackables said:

The person was obviously joking lol.  "I died and even left my body when I was 5 years old.  Come on ha.

Are we sure it was he who returned to his body?  So many directions to run with this message.  It's probably best to ignore it and possibly block him as a buyer.  Just saying...

• Haha 1

A quick question... in one sale, saw an adjustment below the shipping. And instead of print shipping label button, there's a view paypal transaction link showing.  Can still pull the dropdown to print label.  But not sure what the adjustment is from...  Has anyone seen this before?

$8.99

Buy It Now

+ $3.95

shipping

-$0.65

adjustment

1 hour ago, thelovemachine said:

A quick question... in one sale, saw an adjustment below the shipping. And instead of print shipping label button, there's a view paypal transaction link showing.  Can still pull the dropdown to print label.  But not sure what the adjustment is from...  Has anyone seen this before?

$8.99

Buy It Now

+ $3.95

shipping

-$0.65

adjustment

What does PayPal show when you view the transaction?

Need some advice. Sold a $350 LEGO set in eBay to a buyer with zero feedback. Buyer paid via Paypal. I'm worried and paranoid about it. What are the chances that eBay and Paypal would take my side if things turn south?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this post.

12 minutes ago, znjndmawn said:

Need some advice. Sold a $350 LEGO set in eBay to a buyer with zero feedback. Buyer paid via Paypal. I'm worried and paranoid about it. What are the chances that eBay and Paypal would take my side if things turn south?

And pay for signature confirmation. I do sig confirmation on any sales over $200. Never had a problem.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, znjndmawn said:

zero feedback buyer is normal, don't be freaked out.

It depends on what thing goes wrong. If the package is missing during the shipment, no way ebay and pp will side you. If the package is delivered, but buyer files a NAD case, more than likely you will lose. Check the thread $20 suggested for a better understanding towards what you may encounter.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gonkalin said:

And pay for signature confirmation. I do sig confirmation on any sales over $200. Never had a problem.

but if the buyer is not typically home...some back and forth...missed pick-up windows...sounds like a chance the package returns undeliverable w/ everyone angry.

also the current CV stuff seems to result in delivery persons disregarding the signature requirement to avoid unnecessary personal contact

If one goes that route, might be worth messaging the buyer to see if he/she available to sign for packages.  Just opening the lines of communication gives me some assurances as scammers try to avoid communication...but even this can be a challenge for a new ebayer...I recently sold a $350 set to a newb buyer and she couldn't figure out how to message me for a few days. It all worked out but I was really nervous not hearing back right away.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SLL said:

zero feedback buyer is normal, don't be freaked out.

It depends on what thing goes wrong. If the package is missing during the shipment, no way ebay and pp will side you. If the package is delivered, but buyer files a NAD case, more than likely you will lose. Check the thread $20 suggested for a better understanding towards what you may encounter.

Forgot to mention that the buyer registered in eBay the same day he bought the item.

I think I'll probably do a video of packing the set at a DHL branch just in case.

5 minutes ago, znjndmawn said:

Forgot to mention that the buyer registered in eBay the same day he bought the item.

I think I'll probably do a video of packing the set at a DHL branch just in case.

Which will be promptly ignored by both the sales venue and the payment processor. There is no way to prove that you didn't unpack it after, ask for the package back, etc.

With sales there is always the risk of being screwed. But every buyer starts with 0 feedback, and the vast majority aren't scammers. A buyer who looks to have just registered may be a guest account.

• Like 6

Another $500 sold, shipped after 24 hours. 6 days after item sold, another message from Paypal notifying me of unauthorized purchase. That's 4 of 5 of sold listing >$400 being fraudulent purchases. 

Anybody else have this high rate of fraudulent purchases? Or am I being targeted somehow? Drop shipper scammer is looking likely since they're all going to different addresses in different states.

Edited by locidm
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, locidm said:

Another $500 sold, shipped after 24 hours. 6 days after item sold, another message from Paypal notifying me of unauthorized purchase. That's 4 of 5 of sold listing >$400 being fraudulent purchases. 

Anybody else have this high rate of fraudulent purchases? Or am I being targeted somehow? Drop shipper scammer is looking likely since they're all going to different addresses in different states.

That's a helluva run of bad luck. I haven't had any issues thus far in 2020.

How old are the accounts buying from you? What do their feedback levels look like?

A dropshipper would have to have another listing somewhere, use a stolen PayPal account to dropship the item to their person. The dropshipper would then ship the item to the legit buyer, and provide them the tracking number you provided to them.

If only eBay had a giant database, and a way to search by tracking number to see if someone else uploaded it as tracking for another listing. In fact, they likely do.

Edited by brickvoyeur