Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

14 hours ago, baublitz said:

I remember when I used to say things like this.... Then I realized I can make good money on it just by paying attention to the market. Funny thing is, my price is average. I probably won't even reply... Not worth the time right?

I also received the same "You Are Scum" message - They must be sending it to all the scum.

By the way, don't ever try to reason or even respond with these types, as they are generally unwell (and sometimes dangerous).

13 hours ago, Phil B said:

Just replied with an enlarged picture showing the 18+ designation and add a Trump “No” meme and you’re good to go...
Just replied with an enlarged picture showing the 18+ designation and add a Trump “No” meme and you’re good to go...

11 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
14 hours ago, baublitz said:
But I'm too ashamed to do anything! emoji9.png

First course of action is to block that account from buying anything from you so they don't try to get back at you by purchasing and returning your stuff. Then reply back with what phil said.

While I wasn't brave enough to send back the close-up of the 18+ and a "NO" Trump meme, arguably the best response for a situation like this, I did give the guy a sensible reply. Against my better judgement I might add, as usually these people can't be reasoned with. I blocked him just in case, of course, per your suggestions. His reply to my message tells me how little the average buyer knows about what it costs to resell.... I understand his frustration and it does have me thinking twice and scooping up new releases. It is certainly the "ugliest" side of reselling. I gave him an even calmer reply and explained that $325 would roughly be the typical reseller's break-even sale price.

image.thumb.png.2b427b26ac288b676239fe268b6c323f.png

• Like 1

Mine is listed at $535 shipped and I’m not budging. If I get it, great. If I don’t then I’ll stare at it for a few years. No big deal. Where is my hate mail from this guy? I’m waiting patiently for it.

These sold out within a few hours of release with a hard limit of one per customer. The bottom line is that this guy was never getting one at retail no matter what. Blame Lego for not making enough, not those who were fortunate enough to be online at the right time to order one, or those who put in the effort and leg work to source one locally.

This guy has too much spare time on his hands. Send him the free Beach Buggy poly bag you received and some Kleenex as a consolation prize and tell him to get over himself.

51 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I do not engage / respond to these types of messages.  Even in the best scenario I would end up losing potential profit plus the time needed to take care of their every need.  #aintnobodygottimeforthat

1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

Mine is listed at $535 shipped and I’m not budging. If I get it, great. If I don’t then I’ll stare at it for a few years. No big deal. Where is my hate mail from this guy? I’m waiting patiently for it.

These sold out within a few hours of release with a hard limit of one per customer. The bottom line is that this guy was never getting one at retail no matter what. Blame Lego for not making enough, not those who were fortunate enough to be online at the right time to order one, or those who put in the effort and leg work to source one locally.

This guy has too much spare time on his hands. Send him the free Beach Buggy poly bag you received and some Kleenex as a consolation prize and tell him to get over himself.

42 minutes ago, KvHulk said:

I'm a complete piece of **** to people like that. Then I block them before they can respond.

But I'm an immature anger filled child monster. So that's just me...

Thankfully I came out pretty unscathed for a situation like this. I wasn't even going to reply but I wanted to see if I could make you guys laugh. Unfortunately there was nothing super funny about this guy... Just someone who had way too much time on his hands to harass all of the haunted house sellers except you Terry haha. 

I found it funny that he was " trying to get through to someone ", I can't see how his initial message would ever achieve that end. If you're going to go that route, at least be nice and beg appropriately with a nice sob story. Anyways, thanks for the fruitcake fun today. The title of this thread always gives me a chuckle!

Edited by baublitz
Grammar things
  • Like 4

I had someone message me asking if I would take less for a set than what I was asking.  I did what I normally do, check their location for shipping purposes, verify the going rates and decide if I want to entertain their offer or send them something in the middle.  In this case I realized I was running about $25 low of where I should have been.  I adjusted my price up and politely replied that the listing price was the best I could do.  Sold it a couple days later to a different buyer for the higher price.  So today, I salute you random low ball offer guy.

• Like 4

I once got a message from a novice flipper on FB Marketplace who was trying to grind me down on my "already reasonable" price.  He encouraged me to be a "Good Lego Person" and sell the set at his offer price.  For some reason, I found that comment to be particularly offensive.  I passed, without a reply.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

I'm not sure why Ebay's invoice can't just list net totals for each item rather than the way it's done now. Or maybe I am missing the place where this already exists.  

I asked ebay that very question.  Their response was to use their new seller interface, or whatever they're calling it, where they're trying to bypass paypal all together.

20 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Now I remember why I don’t do auctions

Possible replies:

I will gladly delete your bids if you delete your eBay account so nobody else has to deal with your stupidity.

Unfortunately I can't delete bids.  The only way I know to get rid of a bid is if you delete you eBay account before the auction ends so they cannot charge you for the item.  Also, they'll know if you come back and apply any old delinquencies to you new account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Trying to avoid a fruitcake here,

I have a LEGO FORMA Koi 81000 with all 3 of the bonus skins. The set is used, but only displayed, and the blank koi skin was not colored in. I thought I would like it more but now I just want to get rid of it.

I was going to price it around $400-$500. Should I go ahead and list it but also insure it and require a signature when it sells? I get that it is a bigger sale, but it is also a smaller set. 

I justify the price because I am including manuals, boxes, original skin packaging envelope, original skin stencil pop-out, all skins, koi, extra pieces and it is all one lot.

I wasn't going to ship Intl or GSP.

5 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Now I remember why I don’t do auctions 

1F604200-CDFA-4F4D-AC50-6DED7EECA1B7.jpeg

765614B8-4ED8-47CF-8F06-3ABE6E7947F0.jpeg

At least these are semi-convincing lies, they are making an effort to lie to you. Most of the time they'll say that they bid/bought accidently. 

Sure. You accidently chose my listing, you accidently pressed bid, accidently entered a 5 digit number & accidently clicked on confirm bid. And you noticed 3 days later. 

These people are the sole reason I hate eBay, not even the f'in scammers all over this goddamn site.

Edited by elmaslıefendi

36 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

At least these are semi-convincing lies, they are making an effort to lie to you. Most of the time they'll say that they bid/bought accidently. 

Sure. You accidently chose my listing, you accidently pressed bid, accidently entered a 5 digit number & accidently clicked on confirm bid. And you noticed 3 days later. 

These people are the sole reason I hate eBay, not even the f'in scammers all over this goddamn site.

What’s the 5-digit number?

The inerrant bidder that really pissed me off was the guy who sniped one of my auctions for a new Palace Cinema and paid immediately only to say (my paraphrase), "I'm sorry, I already have one of these.  I thought your auction was for an assembly square.  Do you happen to have one of those instead?"   *facepalm*  The guy had over 300 feedback too.

• Sad 1

On 6/4/2020 at 11:57 AM, KShine said:

My latest tracking update - "Civil unrest has delayed your package in transit. Delivery will be rescheduled. Check back for updates."

Updated tracking (well, changed tracking description really, since they only changed the wording of the old tracking).

Apparently "Civil unrest" is no longer delaying my package - It is now delayed due to "Civil demonstration".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1