The Hobbit 2014

Guest eightbrick

I recently got my other LEGO Christmas catalog, and the retails for the new Hobbit sets are:

Dol Guldur Ambush: $20

Mirkwood Elf Army: $30

Lake Town Chase: $50

Dol Guldur Battle: $70

Awesome. Those are very fair prices, even with the 20% Canadian price increase still very attractive and manageable pricing.

Guest eightbrick

From the minifigure page of the sets, it seems we will be getting two polybags (given their set numbers). The first, 30215 contains Legolas Greenleaf, and the second - some of you are going to go crazy for this one - 30216, contains a Lake town guard. Really excited for that one, although it seems non US countries always end up with the lamer polybags (last time we only widely got the Frodo one instead of the Uruk and Gandalf instead of the Mirkwood Elf). Oh well... still very good news for all fans.

10889023446_424d2e1216_z.jpg

From the minifigure page of the sets, it seems we will be getting two polybags (given their set numbers). The first, 30215 contains Legolas Greenleaf, and the second - some of you are going to go crazy for this one - 30216, contains a Lake town guard. Really excited for that one, although it seems non US countries always end up with the lamer polybags (last time we only widely got the Frodo one instead of the Uruk and Gandalf instead of the Mirkwood Elf). Oh well... still very good news for all fans.

Which stores usually sell these polybags?  I have only ever seen 1 gandalf polybag in all of the stores I have ever been to.

Guest eightbrick

Which stores usually sell these polybags?  I have only ever seen 1 gandalf polybag in all of the stores I have ever been to.

In the US TRU had both (even online at one point), they'd also been spotted at Five Below and some other stores. But TRU is definitely the main one.

I recently got my other LEGO Christmas catalog, and the retails for the new Hobbit sets are:

Dol Guldur Ambush: $20

Mirkwood Elf Army: $30

Lake Town Chase: $50

Dol Guldur Battle: $70

Glad to see those retails confirmed besides the Target listings. For all the parts and characters included, they are priced very well. The Ambush set isn't impressing but feels as though more could be gotten from that one $20 set than the $12 Star Wars Battlepacks from the last couple of years. (Four minifigures and maybe 40 parts for a build. Yippie....) 

From the minifigure page of the sets, it seems we will be getting two polybags (given their set numbers).

I already have a handful of Legolas' so the Lake Town Guard is a definite buy assuming I can even find one.

Glad to see those retails confirmed besides the Target listings. For all the parts and characters included, they are priced very well. The Ambush set isn't impressing but feels as though more could be gotten from that one $20 set than the $12 Star Wars Battlepacks from the last couple of years. (Four minifigures and maybe 40 parts for a build. Yippie....) 

I already have a handful of Legolas' so the Lake Town Guard is a definite buy assuming I can even find one.

I picked up all 4 sets, and though I haven't built them I have to say I think they look better than anything in wave 1(except UG).  The Mirkwood Elf Army in particular seems to be a great value with 6 minifigures, a warg and a structure for $30.  It's very comparable to the Uruk Hai set.

I picked up all 4 sets, and though I haven't built them I have to say I think they look better than anything in wave 1(except UG).  The Mirkwood Elf Army in particular seems to be a great value with 6 minifigures, a warg and a structure for $30.  It's very comparable to the Uruk Hai set.

I definitely agree all 2nd wave sets appear better than the prior offerings overall. It took until some major discounts before I ended up snagging all the 1st wave stuff but these I feel more lenient with and could see myself paying retail straight up. I'll still wait a good while for some good sales as they seem inevitable but these sets are tempting all the same.

I definitely agree all 2nd wave sets appear better than the prior offerings overall. It took until some major discounts before I ended up snagging all the 1st wave stuff but these I feel more lenient with and could see myself paying retail straight up. I'll still wait a good while for some good sales as they seem inevitable but these sets are tempting all the same.

I agree about the discounts with wave 1, I didn't pay retail for any of those sets.  Finally got The Barrel Escape with TRU coupons and GCs.

Guest eightbrick

Apparently they are available from Playvaluetoys (based in Ontario): http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=8432#comments Here's the better news, fellow canucks: the prices aren't too different from US retail!:

Lake Town Chase: $59.99 CDN

Mirkwood Elf Army: $34.99 CDN

Dol Guldur Ambush: $24.99 CDN

Dol Guldur Battle: $84.99 CDN

http://www.playvaluetoys.com/categories/LEGO%C2%AE/The-Hobbit/?sort=newest

Outside of the bow and arrow, what is the difference compare to that in the Lake Town set?

Other than what you pointed out in accessories, nothing from what I can see. I can only guess the polybag will simply be a cheaper way of getting the same minifigure really.

Sorry.... it was more in response to the comment made on The Brick Fan which said it (and Legolas) were figures not in this wave of sets. Or am I missing something other than the weapons?

Sorry.... it was more in response to the comment made on The Brick Fan which said it (and Legolas) were figures not in this wave of sets. Or am I missing something other than the weapons?

Okay. I just re-read the part you were talking about on The Brick Fan a couple times over. Well, technically the Lake-town Guard with bow & arrow is "not in the sets themselves" because the (other) one wielding that spear is in a box set for the 2nd wave while the bow & arrow guy is just in a polybag set for random release outside the wave. That's really it; a confusing technicality and a difference in equipment. As for Legolas, we already got that version of him in the last wave for The Hobbit with Mirkwood Spiders so he too is also technically "not in the sets themselves".

Excuse me but I believe I need a painkiller for that migraine inducing comment. :wacko:

Okay. I just re-read the part you were talking about on The Brick Fan a couple times over. Well, technically the Lake-town Guard with bow & arrow is "not in the sets themselves" because the (other) one wielding that spear is in a box set for the 2nd wave while the bow & arrow guy is just in a polybag set for random release outside the wave. That's really it; a confusing technicality and a difference in equipment. As for Legolas, we already got that version of him in the last wave for The Hobbit with Mirkwood Spiders so he too is also technically "not in the sets themselves".Excuse me but I believe I need a painkiller for that migraine inducing comment. :wacko:

It is a fair stretch.....technically :p

Guest eightbrick

Wow, that's actually not a bad deal. I can imagine him demanding 8-10 bucks on his own once the sets are widely released. And as TheDarkness said it makes a nice collectible. Hmmm...