Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

How To Train Your Dragon 2

My whole family geeks out over this ever since seeing the first movie at the cinemas, even having seen the animatronic show. The kids love the tv show (I'm not a huge fan) but as expected it seems the animation for the sequel has taken a massive step forwards. I do hope there is a strong continuity between it all but we will see. Expecting big things at the box office for this one.

Last night I saw The Hobbit: DoS. I thought it was very good and a huge improvement with the additional scenes adding to the story......until the last 15-20 minutes or so. Then I just was questioning why they would do that. It made the movie feel too long in the end as well, where the first acts flew past. Still, there were notable highlights (Tauriel was a great inclusion IMO), key LOTR links and arguably the best dragon ever seen on a screen. Looking forward to the final installment.....just hoping PJ doesn't give us 63 false endings.

My whole family geeks out over this ever since seeing the first movie at the cinemas, even having seen the animatronic show. The kids love the tv show (I'm not a huge fan) but as expected it seems the animation for the sequel has taken a massive step forwards. I do hope there is a strong continuity between it all but we will see. Expecting big things at the box office for this one.

Last night I saw The Hobbit: DoS. I thought it was very good and a huge improvement with the additional scenes adding to the story......until the last 15-20 minutes or so. Then I just was questioning why they would do that. It made the movie feel too long in the end as well, where the first acts flew past. Still, there were notable highlights (Tauriel was a great inclusion IMO), key LOTR links and arguably the best dragon ever seen on a screen. Looking forward to the final installment.....just hoping PJ doesn't give us 63 false endings.

I agree, I'll be pissed if he lets everyone live...

I agree, I'll be pissed if he lets everyone live...

That is also my concern though I do think giving certain dwarves more character time is a prelude to their demise.

PJ will have a few issues to sort out to ensure continuity but that does seem manageable at this stage.

I will admit to enjoying the Dol Guldur scenes though, I thought their inclusion was fantastic.

I thought "Smaug" was a total mess.  I really enjoyed the first one, as they introduced the journey and the characters, including Gollum, but I felt like this one was total brain dead action.  So many scenes where a character is surfing things.  It just got silly.

I couldnt stand it when bombur just kept bouncing and bouncing in the barrel. I was thinking enough is enough. 

What? I never put my faves in here? Strange...

Because I love to spread the love for the best TV show in history:

The X-Files!!!!!

First show to ever come out as a complete series on DVD. I think I've re-watched the series at least 10 times. Watch it for nothing less than the HUGE list of alumni that have gone on to bigger things on their own. Including Vince Gilligan - creator of "Breaking Bad". He wrote some of the best episodes of the series. Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Dean Norris were all in episodes.

List of X-Files alumni:

Jane Lynch

Jack Black

Seth Green

Giovanni Ribisi

Ryan Reynolds

Lucy Liu

Lucy Lawless

Bruce Campbell

Peter Boyle

Cary Elwes

That's just a sample! Love this show. I'm still hoping for a third movie...

Other favorite TV shows:

Without A Trace

Fringe

One Tree Hill

Scrubs

American Dad

American Horror Story

Movies:

My favorite movie of all-time is an old 80's movie no one's ever heard of or seen (especially in the United States). It's about an Australian race horse - Phar Lap. It's from 1982 and way before the movies Secretariat and Seabiscuit. It's also much better than those two.

Other faves:

Sliding Doors

The Matchmaker

The Truth About Cats and Dogs

The Cutting Edge

It's A Wonderful Life
Back To the Future
Young Frankenstein
Equilibrium
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
As Good As It Gets
The Orphanage ("El Orfanato")
The Sixth Sense
Pan's Labyrinth
The Ring
Final Destination series (guilty pleasure)
Step Up series (more guilty pleasure)
Saw series
The Butterfly Effect
The Mothman Prophecies
Pi (not Life of Pi, which I haven't seen...)
Chasing Amy

Mallrats

Let's see how many people re infuriated by this... I hate star wars. I don t get it. Seen every movie. They are boring to me. Hence why I buy so many start are lego sets. No temptation to open. :)

Lol - I see it just like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAR-GxoFwBI

In all seriousness, here are some some things of mine:

Best show ever: Seinfeld - The most relevant, most relateable show of all time - and most likely always will be because it gets to the core of normality in human life. Will absolutely never die.

My favorite show of all time: Aqua Teen Hunger Force - Stupid, pointless, full of one liners. Its hilarious and just literally kills me. 

Best show airing on TV at the moment: South Park - IMO, rivals Seinfeld because it is in its Prime at the moment and has been for 7-8 years. It is incredibly relevant because its made in the 6 days before an episode airs. It is rash, ridiculous, and completely inappropriate and at the same time one of the most intelligent shows on television. Trey and Matt are literally geniuses who still love fart jokes.

Best "bored" show of all time: Law and Order (any of them). Anytime nothing is on TV, Law and Order is on TV. Awesome

Other shows I watch religously:

The League - Once the best show on television, it is not quite at the heights it was in season 2. However it is extremely relevant and incredibly funny at all points. Perfect array of characters and adds in sports perfectly.

Archer - Making a serious play for my favorite show of all time. Hilarious doesn't describe the show. Just unbelievably funny.

Squidbillies - Now that I live in the south I appreciate this show so much more (Made by the people that make Aqua teen hunger force)

Bones - Great mystery crime drama. Don't care for the relationship crap, but they always do a good job with the crimes.

Rizolli and Isles - Good crime drama. Potentially another reason why I stay glued to this. Wont elaborate

Franklin and Bash - Pretty solid comedy.

Workaholics - Incredibly funny and another show that could become an all time favorite. "I think this chair is spanish. I DON"T SPEAK SPANISH!!!"

Pawn Stars - Yeah this one is pretty obvious.

Let's see how many people re infuriated by this... I hate star wars. I don t get it. Seen every movie. They are boring to me. Hence why I buy so many start are lego sets. No temptation to open. :)

I'm a huge Star Wars fan.  My wife couldn't care less.  Eh, it happens.  Not every film will appeal to every person.

I was like that with American Beauty.  Felt like I was the only person in the world that didn't like that movie.

Dniim I couldn't be a more poplar opposite with you and TV. I go on long rants about why I hate Seinfeld. Than again people do t get how I've watched every episode of King of Queens a million times. Funny video. I legit loled. My video on the complaint thread I just posted may make you pee urself... If I am gauging ur humor correctly.

Guest eightbrick

I hope robocop is over the top violent. Also does anyone here watch shark tank? I'm hooked. Just discovered the other day.

Hahaha, Kevin O'leary bashing innocent entrepreneurs and crushing dreams is worth the forty-five minutes by itself. In Canada both Shark Tank and the Canadian version (called Dragons' Den) are on TV every once in awhile. I love this pic:

sml_gallery_7318_46_6957.jpg

just found the anime "monster"  no magic or gundums  or regular anime weirdness just a great compelling story

I came across the complete series at Walmart once. It sounded interesting with a bit of an Hitchcockian twist.

Don't know if you noticed, but you just hit 7500 posts! Congratulations!  :thumbsup:

Now all he needs is the 7500 posts award.

Haha, thanks. Maybe I'll nudge Jeff about it. Or maybe he's waiting 'til I hit the big 10k mark. :D