Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

Pacific Rim looks like it might be theater worthy. I haven't been since Man of Steel, I'm going through popcorn withdrawal and I think my hearing is coming back :)

Pawn stars is really good. I get entranced, sort of like Law and Order, and watch it like 20 times in a row. Lol

I like ironic television, so I'll watch anything on History channel as long as its not historical... Heh. Counting Cars is good, too.

The third commercial makes me want to dig up my old 6952 Solar Power Transporter. With so many ways to transform it, that was a really fun set

M-Tron, Blacktron, Futuron, Uni-Tron, they all were so good.

Ha, I forgot the hiphop trend they incorporated into some of the commercials at the time.

Guest eightbrick

Gotta love Air Canada's free in-flight entertainment. I forced myself to think that I was going to write articles the whole way on the plane, but half way through I caved and watched a couple episodes of BBT, followed by Iron Man 3 and The Place Beyond the Pines. Honestly, I liked The Place Beyond the Pines more. Iron Man 3 felt... too different - in a bad way, while TPBTP felt different in a good way. The way they shot Iron Man just made it really hard for me to connect with Stark even though I had seen the other two films (out of those I found the first one a big step up). Plus the villan sorta sucked and the ending tried and failed to copy the bittersweet finale of the DK trilogy..

As for The Place Beyond the Pines, I thought it was pretty refreshing in the storyline and cinematography (yeah, yeah, I probably spelled that wrong). It could use a little more character development, but it was already pretty emotional, and I liked how it covered multiple views and storylines and the perspective of the viewer changed over time. In that respect it was a sort of throwback to another generation-by-generation classic, how the west was won. Thumbs up on this movie. Reception hasn't been good, but that means I can pick up a DVD for cheap now :)

Guest eightbrick

My wife saw Despicable Me 2 yesterday and said it was really good. I don't care for those cutesy movies.

I think everyone, myself included, just wants to see that for the minions. :D

I think everyone, myself included, just wants to see that for the minions. :D

Yeah thats why she likes it. I guess I don't have a heart but I just don't care for it. Most of my types of comedy involve crude references and someone being murdered hilariously.

Speaking of that, anyone check out Sharknado? Five star comedy. It was a comedy right?

Guest eightbrick

The minions are pretty funny, but so are the kids and Gru.

(video)

Nice clip. Despicable Me seems to be one of the best Dreamworks movies out there.