Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

Another Chucky movie?! Good grief, how much more can they stretch that plastic wacko? Ah well, the Child's Play films were certainly more entertaining than the Friday the 13th ones. I could literally feel my braincells dying off one by one as I tried to plug through the first two in the Jason Voorhees saga. If you want true horror, watch Nightmare on Elm Street or Hellraiser. Those were wicked awesome.

I categorize Chucky movies as comedy. All the over the top screaming over a 3 feet tall plastic doll. :rofl:

I used to like Nightmare on Elm Street movies until they went all meta with a movie about making a Nightmare movie.  Heck if I look hard enough I bet I can find my floppy disk with Nightmare the game in it.

The last film in the series "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" was an oddity outside of the conventional series, and the first sequel "Freddy's Revenge" was an atrocity with its 'possession' story crap or whatever which isn't surprising because Wes Craven had nothing to do with that one. The rest of them are good though. I wasn't keen on the remake they did a couple of years ago really. It went in a lot of different directions that didn't make sense and the character of Freddy lost his 'killing' charm.

I was about to say - some bias going on there.

My wife loves sherlock too much.

I know Americans that watch Sherlock, and who's mom, sister, or wife doesn't watch Downton Abby.... but when he said Dr. Who, I knew he was British! Not that there's anything wron with being British.

Sherlock

Dr. Who

Downton Abbey

Sherlock was a brilliantly done fresh take on the classic character with an excellent portrayal performed by Benedict Cumberbatch.

I've heard a 3rd series is in the works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=166WMvLQ8ss

Dr. Who will always be a classic and I am still trying to gather ever story released to DVD. I have watched some Downton Abbey (not from the beginning unfortunately) and found it to be a nice departure from the norm.

If you liked the BBC version of Sherlock, then about Jekyll?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyc3T53Nr4Q

Sherlock is a brilliant take on modern day Sherlock Holmes.  This Sherlock is well versed in modern technology and uses it in addition to his brilliant mind to solve the mysteries.

Speaking of classic detective shows, is  anyone a fan of Agatha Christie's Poirot ?  It is probably the best interpretation of the novels.  I used to watch this pretty regularly and am actually pleasantly surprised to learn it is still ongoing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmx6dQJf_rk 

"Well First Think its best to see it in IMAX 3D if Possible, I thought Avatar Was the Best IMAX 3D, But Pacific Rim comes in second. So IMAX 3D is the way to go." OK as for the movie itself, all I can say it was great, Its like Godzilla and Transformers mixed together. The Bad Monsters are called Kaiju, and the Human Robots are Jaegeers. Action Starts as soon as the Movie begins a slight slow-up in the middle but then all Action, Lots of Robot and Monster Fights, A Few of the Good Robots get Killed Off, Top Notch Acting all around, the special effects were great, One of my top 3 Movies of the summer, so go see it, take your kids to they will like it to. So I Give it a 8/10 Score. Hopefully the New Godzilla Movie is half this good. Ed