What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
28 minutes ago, Rog said:

Gone for some X-Wings from ASDA. I know SW gets some odd looks these days but £95 delivered for 2 X-Wings and the brick box is pretty good IMO. It's the classic X-Wing, come on!

It's Star Wars.... cursed by Disney and was an easy pass for me ?

Good luck fighting off the QFLLs on this one.

I admit, George is the first one to make me drop a few grand since Tesco's good old days!

Edited by TabbyBoy

It's apparently raining old Elves sets this week. Purchased this over the weekend. The seller seemed legit, but I wanted to wait for it to arrive before I shared.

The seals checked out, and the weight was correct.

Brand new copies of

41176 The Secret Market Place
41178 The Dragon Sanctuary

$103.99

Not the wow price of the last one, but it certainly should provide a comfortable profit.

image.png.880a7ab2440f401f467029d2bc2ad859.png

• Like 5

Guest TabbyBoy

Going against the grain here...

94x 41615 Harry Potter & Hedwig Brickheadz from various places for an average of £8 each. It has to be the most sought after post EOL, right? If they hang on, I should at least break even. I was offered a Brick Bank locally for £110, but declined - he wouldn't swap it for a Pet Shop!

34 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

94x 41615 Harry Potter & Hedwig Brickheadz from various places for an average of £8 each. It has to be the most sought after post EOL, right? If they hang on, I should at least break even. I was offered a Brick Bank locally for £110, but declined - he wouldn't swap it for a Pet Shop!

That's against the grain?!?

Guest TabbyBoy
55 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

That's against the grain?!?

It is for me as I think those sets are hideously disgustingly horrific to look at so I'm banking on the continuous popularity of HP.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

is the HP brickheadz schedule to be done this year?

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

is the HP brickheadz schedule to be done this year?

Still widely available everywhere and untagged, so I think it'll be a while yet. It has been OOS on occasion so there is hope of it reaching 1x RRP in the afterlife.

Edited by TabbyBoy

all from 1 barnes and noble store, everything 50% off except for 2 minnie brickheadz. 

took 3 trips to harvest everything which was all on the shelves completely unmarked.

in the middle of holiday shopping insanity.  ahhh.  sigh..  so sublime wiping all the clearance out under such circumstances.

somehow i snagged 9  harry potter promos even though i was only due 5.  i guess i was rounding up when we were tallying and didn't encounter resistance.IMG_1121.thumb.JPG.454fa058bdf399316839cdaa78df034f.JPG

most enjoyable part of the raid was the second checkout when the assistant manager starts ringing up the sets and seeing the prices and her eyes start bugging out saying "I didn't know there was a 50% off sale." 

Edited by cladner
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

all from 1 barnes and noble store, everything 50% off except for 2 minnie brickheadz. 

took 3 trips to harvest everything which was all on the shelves completely unmarked.

in the middle of holiday shopping insanity.  ahhh.  sigh..  so sublime wiping all the clearance out under such circumstances.

somehow i snagged 9  harry potter promos even though i was only due 5.  i guess i was rounding up when we were tallying and didn't encounter resistance.IMG_1121.thumb.JPG.454fa058bdf399316839cdaa78df034f.JPG

most enjoyable part of the raid was the second checkout when the assistant manager starts ringing up the sets and seeing the prices and her eyes start bugging out saying "I didn't know there was a 50% off sale." 

You missed the Flying Fox! ?

applause for the 9 HP promos!

1 hour ago, superlegolover said:

well, I went to a store, which I routinely bought lego from, during my lunchtime break. Checked out with $250 worth of lego and got 3 HP promos as planned.

Then here comes the interesting part, the person who checked me out happened to be the manager and he said he saw me purchased lego a lot (truth) from time to time and he thanked me for bringing biz to his store. As a token of thanks, he grabbed a couple more HP promos and put them in my bag, so instead of 3 promos, I got 8 ?

IMG_2894.jpg

Definitely add that manager to the 75119 list to work the connection for the scoop on clearance and deals.

21310 Old Fishing Store at Barnes and Noble, plus 10% off and the Harry Potter promo.  Maybe not as good as the 'flash" sale at 30% off from Lego SAH over the Black Friday weekend and I am happy to find one.

Thanks to the picker who shared Barnes and Noble may still have a few of these big sets left!

Edited by LegoWalker4

On 11/30/2018 at 9:47 AM, brickvoyeur said:

I was saving at least one of these for a future daughter (have 2 boys now) if we have one. Elves > Friends.  Now I can unload my last NIB 41178 and 41176 that I was saving, as well as continue to sell the rest of my copies of the other sets with reckless abandon.

Great haul!

That's awesome that you are saving sets for a daughter you don't even have yet! ?

• Like 1