What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy
29 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I found it on Gumtree. I happened to look at the right time last night so managed to beat others to it. Went to get it straight away this morning.

I sell a lot on Gumtree. It can be dodgy so take somebody with you if there's a lot at stake. I no longer trade at home or even close to it.

1 hour ago, Scatterbug said:

My local Smith's unearths more tanker trucks and starter sets from 2010 so scooped an armful for about £10 each. eBay £1 fvf this weekend too. Also took a few prison transports at £7.50 but they'll go back if they don't sell quickly.

Prison transports are gold here. 

Oh no lol. Sorry, was thinking of money transporter :girlcrazy:

Edited by Lordoflego

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
6 minutes ago, Rog said:

Picked up a trio of Coast Guard Headquarters for £21.25 each from Tesco on Tuesday. Price went up to £60 that night ;)

Tesco has some great deals. I've even seen Kessel Falcons for £60, but I'm done with Star Wars. Dobbies is the best with regular 75% off CITY sets. I only buy if I can offload immediately.

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Tesco has some great deals. I've even seen Kessel Falcons for £60, but I'm done with Star Wars. Dobbies is the best with regular 75% off CITY sets. I only buy if I can offload immediately.

The new round of special purchases aka ex-direct stock seems decent, Capitol buildings and Rathtar escapes at £21.25 (though these seem like pricing errors, I expect they will correct them to £50ish).

Guest TabbyBoy
18 hours ago, Rog said:

Picked up a trio of Coast Guard Headquarters for £21.25 each from Tesco on Tuesday. Price went up to £60 that night ;)

Rinse, repeat and drive around them all ?

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Rinse, repeat and drive around them all ?

Sadly not, most of them got them in on the Saturday and had sold them over the weekend, my store is terrible at working non food delivery on time so still had them in the back ;)

Alas the £21 Capitols and Rathtars got put up to £50 as well before they restocked, so you've got those two, Resistance Bomber, Krennic Shuttle, U-Wing, Friends Hospital, Goblin King Castle all at £50, should be a field day when they drop to £25 in 4 weeks time.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

Annoying that my local Tesco never has this stuff. They did, and probably still do, have 100s of the Uni Kitty box. 

A failed theme and may even get cheaper, great if you just want the pieces. I feel a -75% coming on ?

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

Hey, that´s perfect to bundle with those WoN!

I often bundle crap with good sets to get rid of them. I used to hike up the prices of my WALL-E and throw in an Exo Suit so I could at least break even on it. It seems like Tesco are now doing it too.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

A failed theme and may even get cheaper, great if you just want the pieces. I feel a -75% coming on ?

Rumors have it that 75% off all the "50% toy sale" stuff goes on the 5th, though my locals ran out of all the LEGO lines in the first week and never restocked.

2 minutes ago, cory730 said:

Got 2 orders canceled from Lego LEGO Shop at Home. 1st time they have ever done that. Said I was over my limits on a brickheadz.  Even though previous to those oders I have bought over 30 of them but now they are watching since they are giving away a good promo. 

One of mine was canned too. Same reason given  and when I enquired about it was politely told too bad , so sad. ?