What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest TabbyBoy

90x 10717 Classic 1500pcs from Asda/George at £24 each. Just picked up 15x and ordered another 75x. Use the mobile vs desktop site as you can order more at a time (15 vs 10). Oh, the last 5 orders used different accounts and details?

I hope to shift the lot next week for £35 each.

Even more % off some Star Wars sets, but those are turkeys!

I stopped at a couple of Tescos on the way home and no offers at all.

Edited by TabbyBoy

24 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

90x 10717 Classic 1500pcs from Asda/George at £24 each. Just picked up 15x and ordered another 75x. Use the mobile vs desktop site as you can order more at a time (15 vs 10). Oh, the last 5 orders used different accounts and details?

Did you miss the City sets with 55% off in the front in the cages?

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Did you miss the City sets with 55% off in the front in the cages?

If you mean The Meadows (a traffic nightmare!) I didn't pass there today, I went to Aldershot and Chineham instead. What sets were they as I'll be in Sandhurst tomorrow?

I only bought 10717 today as I can shift them as soon as they arrive. I like to line up a buyer before I buy in quantity.

Guest TabbyBoy
11 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The question really should be, "What set didn't I buy the last few days?"

I didn't buy anything that's cursed with the Disney logo ?

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

If you mean The Meadows (a traffic nightmare!) I didn't pass there today, I went to Aldershot and Chineham instead. What sets were they as I'll be in Sandhurst tomorrow?

I only bought 10717 today as I can shift them as soon as they arrive. I like to line up a buyer before I buy in quantity.

Yep, they had Jedi Hyperdrive at RRP (weird) 42062 at £30 (meh) but also  60169 and 60140 both £30 so I thought I probably can't lose money on those at least.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Yep, they had Jedi Hyperdrive at RRP (weird) 42062 at £30 (meh) but also  60169 and 60140 both £30 so I thought I probably can't lose money on those at least.

You should do OK with 60140 and 60169 as they're not boring rehashes like police and fire sets. The 60104 Airports at £32 (£48 and 3-for-2) a year or so ago were a cracking deal. Sainsburys Yorktown is also worth a visit sometimes.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, richiej1979 said:

Haven't had much luck there but the Argos pick up point is quite handy. 

Perhaps I should do a "TRU parking lot sale" there to temp the Argos buyers?

2 hours ago, richiej1979 said:

The Hyperdrive ring shouldn't have been in the bins with the £30 stuff, it should be on a truck shaped floor display with some other stuff they have had sent in for the Christmas period.

The ex direct stock bins this time round are a bunch of £45-65 sets at £30 (the previous round was various £85 sets at £50 which I'm still waiting to get clearanced to £25 - I would have thought it would be this week as the bins have now rotated).

Not all the participating stores get all the sets though, so it's very hit and miss.

8 hours ago, Rog said:

The Hyperdrive ring shouldn't have been in the bins with the £30 stuff, it should be on a truck shaped floor display with some other stuff they have had sent in for the Christmas period.

The ex direct stock bins this time round are a bunch of £45-65 sets at £30 (the previous round was various £85 sets at £50 which I'm still waiting to get clearanced to £25 - I would have thought it would be this week as the bins have now rotated).

Not all the participating stores get all the sets though, so it's very hit and miss.

Most importantly though they were £90, not sure why. I scanned them too. 

Kind of wish I'd taken them to the checkout to check now. 

14 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

10717 ? Can't see it online. They had it reduced to £30 then the 20% ?

5 hours ago, richiej1979 said:

Most importantly though they were £90, not sure why. I scanned them too. 

Kind of wish I'd taken them to the checkout to check now. 

Yeah they are just christmas stock at RRP, mid January they will go to 50% I guess ?

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, roxio said:

10717 ? Can't see it online. They had it reduced to £30 then the 20% ?

It's now OOS. Yes, it was £30 with 20% off and QCB. Some sets were not only 20% off with >£100 spend, but also a free 10715 BoaR for a >£80 spend. I did Ok with several back-to-back orders. I have more to collect this evening, eg. the 3-in-1 CITY super packs which I'll split.

46 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

41451 Unikitty Cloud Car for $8 - 20% off.

Wife wants it for Christmas. I’m not going to worry that we’ll see it hit 75% off in the future when it’s the wife and Christmas.

Good God man...  Are you sure you're not Scottish.  I am in awe of how you get away with it!

• Like 1

Don't know where I can post this properly, so Mod's please move if needed...

I'm looking to any UK seller who may have a 72004 Nexo Tech Wizard Showdown they can part with at a reasonable rate. I found my 10 years old son's letter to Father Christmas on the mantelpiece when I got home last night and that was on the top of the list :dontknow:.  

I'm happy to swap for something similar value off my Bricklink store (I still have some ultra rare Chima Sets :secret:) or can pay cash.  Based in East London/Essex. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

I'm looking to any UK seller who may have a 72004 Nexo Tech Wizard Showdown they can part with at a reasonable rate. I found my 10 years old son's letter to Father Christmas on the mantelpiece when I got home last night and that was on the top of the list :dontknow:

Amazon has this for £30 which is 25% off retail, you need lower than that?

13 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's now OOS. Yes, it was £30 with 20% off and QCB. Some sets were not only 20% off with >£100 spend, but also a free 10715 BoaR for a >£80 spend. I did Ok with several back-to-back orders. I have more to collect this evening, eg. the 3-in-1 CITY super packs which I'll split.

Oos and removed from website?