What Lego set did you buy today?

Arm swept the half price 41153 Disney Ariel’s royal celebration boat at tesco earlier, £22.50 a piece. Left quite a few other half price sets though.

Walking down another random aisle on the way out I saw a 21030 capitol building randomly by itself in a creased box. I took pity so scooped it up and scanned it - at £40. Quick chat with cs took another 10% off so I got it for £36.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gary81 said:

Arm swept the half price 41153 Disney Ariel’s royal celebration boat at tesco earlier, £22.50 a piece. Left quite a few other half price sets though.

Walking down another random aisle on the way out I saw a 21030 capitol building randomly by itself in a creased box. I took pity so scooped it up and scanned it - at £40. Quick chat with cs took another 10% off so I got it for £36.

Also got a few Ariel's. It was a bit overpriced to start with but I'm sure it'll be fine. 

I spent around £300 today. Bonkers, well for me it was anyway.

Was able to get 3 41318 heartlake hospitals at Barnes and nobles with 3 hp bricktober sets. 10% off  membership + 17%off gift cards. Not bad considering it’s sold out everywhere 

oh and 1 free kessel mine worker thrown in?

Edited by Mgip21
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

nice!  would you happen to know what MSRP for both are?

I had friend in Taiwan and he travels to China a lot, so the price is in Chinese Yuan, the MSRP for 80101 is 699 and 599 for 80102.

if they were marked in US dollar (not currency exchange), I would think MSRP for 80101 is $69.9 and 80102 $59.9

21 minutes ago, Lego_Monsters said:

How much did you paid?

I paid about $120+ for both using my friend's educational discount

1 hour ago, superlegolover said:

pre ordered 2 x 80101 chinese new year and 2 x 80102 dragon dance using my resources in Asia ??

When you say pre-ordered, can you elaborate? My mom's in Hong Kong now until Feb. I would LOVE to have these two sets but I have no clue how to tell my mom to buy them. Is it online or Lego Brick and Mortar? I'm jealous by the way. :)

1 hour ago, superlegolover said:

I had friend in Taiwan and he travels to China a lot, so the price is in Chinese Yuan, the MSRP for 80101 is 699 and 599 for 80102.

if they were marked in US dollar (not currency exchange), I would think MSRP for 80101 is $69.9 and 80102 $59.9

I paid about $120+ for both using my friend's educational discount

nice, about to mobilize my China office to go buy some lol.

did you have to pre-order in store? or via the web somehow

EDIT: sorry just noticed oneknightr just asked essentially the same thing above.

Edited by ichiroll

13 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

When you say pre-ordered, can you elaborate? My mom's in Hong Kong now until Feb. I would LOVE to have these two sets but I have no clue how to tell my mom to buy them. Is it online or Lego Brick and Mortar? I'm jealous by the way. :)

10 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

nice, about to mobilize my China office to go buy some lol.

did you have to pre-order in store? or via the web somehow

EDIT: sorry just noticed oneknightr just asked essentially the same thing above.

I preordered through my friend and his educational institute had relationship with lego china. Sorry I don't know all those details other than the local msrp and final cost on my side.

At this moment, I don't believe you can either buy them online or in BM store

• Thanks 1

Just now, superlegolover said:

I preordered through my friend and his educational institute had relationship with lego china. Sorry I don't know all those details other than the local msrp and final cost on my side.

At this moment, I don't believe you can either buy them online or in BM store

got it, thanks for the clarification

First time paying over RRP for a retired set. Picked up 10193 Medieval Market Village NISB for $160 shipped off of EBay. Set has been on my list ever since I came back out of my Dark Ages. The 15% off coupon helped sweeten the deal, and so did the $15+ in EBay Bucks I earned (and since EBay bucks are calculated BEFORE coupons are applied, it worked out to almost 10% EBay bucks instead of the 8% offered in the promo).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

First time paying over RRP for a retired set. Picked up 10193 Medieval Market Village NISB for $160 shipped off of EBay. Set has been on my list ever since I came back out of my Dark Ages. The 15% off coupon helped sweeten the deal, and so did the $15+ in EBay Bucks I earned (and since EBay bucks are calculated BEFORE coupons are applied, it worked out to almost 10% EBay bucks instead of the 8% offered in the promo).

I love that line and it seems very underappreciated/undervalued.

• Like 3