What Lego set did you buy today?

On 12/12/2018 at 3:09 PM, superlegolover said:

I preordered through my friend and his educational institute had relationship with lego china. Sorry I don't know all those details other than the local msrp and final cost on my side.

At this moment, I don't believe you can either buy them online or in BM store

You can now preorder at LEGO stores in china.

I’m still deciding how many to ask my friend to get...and then figure out the shipping so it doesn’t get crushed and/or tariffed to death.

21 hours ago, dx0520 said:

You can now preorder at LEGO stores in china.

I’m still deciding how many to ask my friend to get...and then figure out the shipping so it doesn’t get crushed and/or tariffed to death.

I preordered through my friend so I can get discount? 

More like what set DIDN'T I buy today - Went to a regional closing K-Mart, toys dropped to 40% recently. Only stuff that was left at 30% was basically Friends, Cars, Clayface and Rathtar Escapes... Only stuff that survived the week at 40% were Unikitty Sets and Baze/Chirrut buildables. Funny how the extra 10% gets the masses to swarm. I am a tad surprised on the Unikitty sets - I am not sure how I Feel about them investment-wise, but they seem to be popular movers right now.

3 minutes ago, Achilles said:

More like what set DIDN'T I buy today - Went to a regional closing K-Mart, toys dropped to 40% recently. Only stuff that was left at 30% was basically Friends, Cars, Clayface and Rathtar Escapes... Only stuff that survived the week at 40% were Unikitty Sets and Baze/Chirrut buildables. Funny how the extra 10% gets the masses to swarm. I am a tad surprised on the Unikitty sets - I am not sure how I Feel about them investment-wise, but they seem to be popular movers right now.

I've only hit it big at one KMart closing.  This one started closing in February, when nobody was buying.  The others have all closed in the Fall, during Christmas shopping season.

My experience has been the same: plenty of choice at 30%, barren shelves at 40%.

In the meanwhile I keep getting >80% off at my "go forward" KMarts with promo points etc :)
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 5:39 AM, Alpinemaps said:

One of each, lol. Literally collecting all the Brickheadz. For some reason I like them and want them all.

Same here! But for me, it's speed champions!! 

Picked this up a few days ago for about 20% off! I think it could show potential in the future. TRON: Legacy 

Also picked up a few of these, hardly any discount. Mercedes-AMG GT3McLaren 720S

Edited by The Builder

Stopped by Target tonight and found a Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike set (75532). Went to self-checkout and had the person working there adjust the price to $30.99 (Cartwheel price match) and then used the 30% off Lego Star Wars constraction Cartwheel coupon. $21 and change. I have one already but couldn’t pass it up at that price. 

9816E17A-F1A4-4FCF-A943-D0D08C2B3EB4.jpeg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Mind sharing your tactics?

I can share them on behalf of Boliramirez: 

- Move to the Mexican border, ideally on the Mexican side

- Schmooze up to people at the LEGO factory there

- Offer them money for sets

- Pay this money

- Make profit on Ebay or CL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ON an impulse I got set 70616 Ice Tank while at Homegoods for $62 (Amazon currently has it for $59.99). I feel like a heel for doing it but I thought it was the perfect set to post on CL at a premium price for Christmas to "save" desperate parents and Grandparents looking for this set at stores (I haven't seen this on a shelf at Walmart or Target around here). We are at that time where shipping anything is a roll of the dice and most parents I know won't risk it and would pay a premium top get "#1 on wish list" in-hand by Christmas.

I think I've gone full Darkside...Kinda feel like Anakin after killing off the Youngins at the Academy 

BTW: I got my kid's #1 a month ago NISB during ebay 10% off which came out to 60% off. (yeah i know...karma is a ***** and I will end up buy the equivalent of a $1000 Tickle me Elmo doll in a few years) 

pic1.jpg

21 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

I'm already over bhz.   Every toddler will need these down the road...

IMG_20181220_144228.jpg

If you're going for appreciation...the target age is 3 to 7 (old enough to know the difference and still cute enough for parents and grandparents to pay premium price)

any younger and the toddlers really won;t know the difference between these and the dog's chew toy (so Parents won't pay a premium)

1 minute ago, cocobay71 said:

How much did you pay per set as I couldn't find anywhere online selling BB & DO?

Not online, some smyths have the odd 1 / 2 left, dont trust the website store checker as the store I bought from showed none but bought 2.

Brick bank = £130

Detective Office = £143

Technic ocean Explorer = £65