What Lego set did you buy today?

10 minutes ago, Phil B said:

First time paying over RRP for a retired set. Picked up 10193 Medieval Market Village NISB for $160 shipped off of EBay. Set has been on my list ever since I came back out of my Dark Ages. The 15% off coupon helped sweeten the deal, and so did the $15+ in EBay Bucks I earned (and since EBay bucks are calculated BEFORE coupons are applied, it worked out to almost 10% EBay bucks instead of the 8% offered in the promo).

OT: Ah MMV, 1 of my 1st investments.  Bought 1 at  around MSRP with plan to double my money in 2 years.  The audacity of the young and inexperienced. 

I was lucky I broke even after 4 years :drag:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Phil B said:

First time paying over RRP for a retired set. Picked up 10193 Medieval Market Village NISB for $160 shipped off of EBay. Set has been on my list ever since I came back out of my Dark Ages. The 15% off coupon helped sweeten the deal, and so did the $15+ in EBay Bucks I earned (and since EBay bucks are calculated BEFORE coupons are applied, it worked out to almost 10% EBay bucks instead of the 8% offered in the promo).

This set brought me out of my dark ages! To make you feel better maybe, I paid full RRP AND shipping from Shop at Home. No free shipping then! :smile:

Edit: $121.48 with tax and shipping. December 2010.

Edit edit: I also bought it without any gifts with purchase.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Loading up on halo sets? ;)

10210 is my fav set. If I sell all but one that will stay. 

lol its ended up that way...

been pretty active during good eBay bucks promos though.  15% off coupon on top is great though, how often does that happen!  

In the last 2 months though, I've picked up Imperial Shuttle 10212 and Vader TIE 10175 this way.  all in new open box.

of course, your set is the best ?

need to find somebody who has an open box 10179 for cheap for the next halo set ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phil B said:

You son of a...I was eying that set earlier and failed to pull the trigger in time since it suddenly sold out on me.

Oh well. I got the next lower one for $169 after all was said and done. This is a cool set after all and worth it.

• Like 2

Soo ordered lots from target but one box was delivered today. I had ordered the 42062 container yard a small filler set and  needed about $2 more so added a Harry potter minifigure series. Arrives today but a series 18 Minifigure series was added instead. Didn’t really care it wasn’t what I ordered, but though hey what if it’s the police officer. Sure enough it was. Haha thanks target?

Edited by Mgip21
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Used the 30% off Brickheadz Cartwheel coupon to pick up a few BHz:

41619 Darth Vader $5.59 (it was already on sale for $7.99)
41621 HP Ron and Dumbledore $13.99
41631 HP Fantastic Beasts $13.99
41616 Hermione $6.99

Will these be available cheaper?  Of course they will.  But at least 30% off is a good threshold for me with BHz.  They're cheap enough that I'm not going  to worry about the extra dollar or two I might save if I wait, since these are just for personal build.  Investment wise, I'll wait until they drop a lot more.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Used the 30% off Brickheadz Cartwheel coupon to pick up a few BHz:

41619 Darth Vader $5.59 (it was already on sale for $7.99)
41621 HP Ron and Dumbledore $13.99
41631 HP Fantastic Beasts $13.99
41616 Hermione $6.99

Will these be available cheaper?  Of course they will.  But at least 30% off is a good threshold for me with BHz.  They're cheap enough that I'm not going  to worry about the extra dollar or two I might save if I wait, since these are just for personal build.  Investment wise, I'll wait until they drop a lot more.

.. soooo.. how many did you get for your personal build? a dozen?  - a palet?

38 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

One of each, lol. Literally collecting all the Brickheadz. For some reason I like them and want them all.

I like them as well.. and they just keep getting better and better.. if you compare the first wave against the latest ones.. its like a totally new level. 

Picked up 100 units of Friends Sunshine Catamaran at Target for 39.99 plus tax.  First purchase of this quarter & boy did it feel good.  My first $35k of Q4 had to go to non-lego purchases so it felt like I was in the penalty box just watching everyone else for the last two and a half months.  Hoping to pick up quite a few more sets between now & the next three months.