What Lego set did you buy today?

18 minutes ago, Migration said:

I’m not much of a collector, and while I do have a few display sets out, most of them were pulled from bulk lots and are really just waiting until I get motivated enough to sell them. Anyway, this arrived today.

Did you pay the going rate of $250+ for this minifigure?

I have to say.. that yesterday I bought - well .. a LEGO set.. but what makes it special is, that it was actually the VERY 1st ONE that I opened and built in like 26 years.. :) .. nothing major, NEXO 72002 .. as a total novice i was pretty much pissed off with the contents - absolutely no logical sense in sealing these parts in bag 1 .. 2 or 3 (bags unnumbered).. half of the minifig torso in one bag.. the rest in another bag.. when I finished up assembling it all together.. I was short of a black 2x4 flat plate (maybe it was 2x3).. and as a surplus I got some spare parts THAT ACTUALLY WERE NOT AT ALL included in the design!!! 

what is this?! And LEGO wonders why nobody is buying their sets?? heh? I spent just some lousy 8 GBP for that one.. but had that happened to some small kid I can easily understand his/her or parents' frustration.. 

p.S. and I did not get any brick separator - damned LEGO, my fingernails suffered a lot.. 

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

In my opinion the The Super Hero Girls theme has a few hidden gems. One of them is 41230. I just bought 70 of them from one seller who was trying to off load them. I'm all in on this set. When everyone else zigs, I like to zag. I'll be making it rain with all of the Benjamin's I'll be raking in off of this diamond in the rough. Mark my words. You heard it here first.

Let me know when the last one sells on FBA. Also, I love you.

373e5c0bc502d84b6a881bf9352df375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Let me know when the last one sells on FBA. Also, I love you.

373e5c0bc502d84b6a881bf9352df375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

lol...it wasn't me. I was just taking Val-E's cue from his response to your original post. Congrats on the sale, though. It always feels good to move some of our slower selling purchases in bulk. 

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, 80s_Kid said:

Wow, amazing score!!!!  That Sheriff Deadpool was the hottest minifigure at SDCC.  Everyone was trying to get that one. 

yes, I actually purchased 4 for each, another half is still on the road ?

20 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

lol...it wasn't me. I was just taking Val-E's cue from his response to your original post. Congrats on the sale, though. It always feels good to move some of our slower selling purchases in bulk. 

Your time will come and my crystal ball says Elite Praetorian Guard is gonna tempt you to crack big  time this winter. Deep discount and short shelf life - what could go wrong?

7 hours ago, scatttcat said:

How the **** did you land 4 Deadpools at Comic Con? Or did you purchase them all after? 

My collection looks like yours, except replace the  4 Deadpools with 4 UniKittys LOL

Just curious how much they cost if you were able to get them at the show?  Thank you

8 hours ago, scatttcat said:

How the **** did you land 4 Deadpools at Comic Con? Or did you purchase them all after? 

My collection looks like yours, except replace the  4 Deadpools with 4 UniKittys LOL

I didn't go this year, for I was out of country on vacation during the sdcc event. So I purchased all of them from ebay afterwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superlegolover said:

I didn't go this year, for I was out of country on vacation during the sdcc event. So I purchased all of them from ebay afterwards.

On the last day, they gave out ALL the extra minifigs that no one came to claim. They had a secret line form upstairs and let me people go through and handed them a minfig. Of course you could go around and repeat haha. But no deadpool's, all black lightnings and UniKitty

2 hours ago, Mgip21 said:

Just curious how much they cost if you were able to get them at the show?  Thank you

They were free at Comic Con, but you had to have been selected beforehand via a random lottery.

• Like 2