What Lego set did you buy today?

14 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I don't know what possesed me to click on that link, but now I'm getting other apron recommendations from Amazon.  Don't know how I'm going to explain that to the wife.

I'm still getting 50 gallon lube recommendations, you'll be alright.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Question for everyone. Yesterday I went to my local Walmart and found two older retired sets sitting on the shelf. They both had no shelf tags and homes as they have been clearance off for some time. One was Kylo’s shuttle and the other is a Ninjago set from 2016. When I scanned them for price, it said ‘See store associate’ so I went up to customer service, they scanned them and they came up full price or over 100 dollars each. I know for a fact that these were on clearance some time back, so how do I get WM to price them down to their previous clearance price? Is there a trick to this?

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Question for everyone. Yesterday I went to my local Walmart and found two older retired sets sitting on the shelf. They both had no shelf tags and homes as they have been clearance off for some time. One was Kylo’s shuttle and the other is a Ninjago set from 2016. When I scanned them for price, it said ‘See store associate’ so I went up to customer service, they scanned them and they came up full price or over 100 dollars each. I know for a fact that these were on clearance some time back, so how do I get WM to price them down to their previous clearance price? Is there a trick to this?

I think you would need to get a manual price override and find someone willing to agree to adjust them down to the price you want to pay. I've had a few register clerks so that for small sets, but have never tried with anything larger...not worth the time IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nowhereman1 said:

Time machine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nowhereman1 said:

Those two sets will be spending the rest of eternity in WM clearance purgatory.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 7/6/2018 at 9:44 AM, redcell said:

I think you would need to get a manual price override and find someone willing to agree to adjust them down to the price you want to pay. I've had a few register clerks so that for small sets, but have never tried with anything larger...not worth the time IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I've had this happen a WM.  Found three Kylo Shuttles well beyond the time period they should have been there.  In store said 0 on hand.  I had one of the associates scan the item.  Prior to that all important scan, when I was in the Lego aisle waiting for him to get his device, I looked up the item on ********.  It didn't even show the store had anything on it (the store wouldn't show up at all).  About 3 or so hours later, it suddenly appeared at full price on ******** (with zero quantity).  I then waited about a week and they jumped from $120 all the way to $30.  I immediately drove down and sure enough, they scanned at $30 no problems.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

just picked up this beauty from facebook marketplace for $50. complete except no instructions.

Beautiful box art.  Lifting the lid made it feel like something special was inside.  Aside from UCS, todays sets feature boxes that are recycle bin worthy.

While everyone was going nuts about google express (I did buy enough Holiday Trains to max out the discount) I picked up this guy on eBay. Seller messaged me about an hour after the sale letting me it is being shipped assembled as they can't bear to break it down. They couldn't bear to research the going price for it either.

image.png.5bc1858181ef2413bccb4eedd1c4e9b7.png

Should be able to more than double my buy in when I relist it as soon as it arrives and is inspected.

While everyone was going nuts about google express (I did buy enough Holiday Trains to max out the discount) I picked up this guy on eBay. Seller messaged me about an hour after the sale letting me it is being shipped assembled as they can't bear to break it down. They couldn't bear to research the going price for it either.
Should be able to more than double my buy in when I relist it as soon as it arrives and is inspected.

Unless that is cryptic language for "it cannot be broken down because I kragled it together" .... :)

16 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Unless that is cryptic language for "it cannot be broken down because I kragled it together" .... :)

That's going to be one expensive SNAD case. I can't imagine what it will cost to ship it from Canada to the US East coast one time... would just double the pain having to send it back.

I'd be less surprised if the seller reaches out and tells me the 30CAN he charged for international shipping is ridiculously low and he just refunds the purchase, than it arriving adhered together. But all my recent posts in the Thread of Packaging Excellence have taught me to just enjoy the ride :)

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

Zero feedback for sales, one image of a booklet, one image of bubble wrapped mystery, and two stock photos.

If you are lucky it will be bogus bricks.

I can’t imagine how much trouble this is going to be for you to repack and return to Canada once you file SNAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

That's going to be one expensive SNAD case. I can't imagine what it will cost to ship it from Canada to the US East coast one time... would just double the pain having to send it back.

I'd be less surprised if the seller reaches out and tells me the 30CAN he charged for international shipping is ridiculously low and he just refunds the purchase, than it arriving adhered together. But all my recent posts in the Thread of Packaging Excellence have taught me to just enjoy the ride :)

First ucs Slave 1, now this.

What are you doing? Still hoping for that bag of used dildos?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Zero feedback for sales, one image of a booklet, one image of bubble wrapped mystery, and two stock photos.

If you are lucky it will be bogus bricks.

I can’t imagine how much trouble this is going to be for you to repack and return to Canada once you file SNAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I've had some items arrived poorly packed, but I've only been hit by an eBay scammer once (a simpsons house ~6 months ago :( ). Too many people scoffing at listings assuming there is no way someone would sell at that price, while I'm busy messaging sellers. So many people out there have no idea the true value of an item just trying to unload it... truly an online yard sale at times.

I roll the dice on listings like this all the time and it makes for large profit. I've had my highest profit margins on old retired sets bought and flipped right back on eBay.

Worst case if I get garbage sent to me is that I pack it up just how it arrived and set it out for pickup. Not really a difficult process. But I'm not assuming bogus bricks with the Lego booklet, but we're all surprised from time to time.

13 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

First ucs Slave 1, now this.

What are you doing? Still hoping for that bag of used dildos?

Indeed. I figure a large enough bag I can flip individually. It's a new market for me, but someone around here has to have it cornered already. Is there a price discrepancy based on size and color? Any rare items out there I should be on the look for?

Received the email from the seller yesterday evening saying the item was shipped.

So the iShip notification I received with the tracking information has the dimensional weight at 44 pounds. Which UPS standard shipping is 140.55 CAD, ouch. Double that in case of a SNAD and it almost equals the price paid. Item has already been picked up and is in route.

This would be my second sub $300 SSD after this one a couple months ago. Ended up flipping the other 4 sets and getting the SSD down to below $200. Granted, the listing below was up for weeks from a 0 feedback seller. There is essentially no risk rolling the dice with eBay/Paypal protection... but always communicate with the seller first. So many new people on eBay just dumping stuff. These MILFFL type listings are the best though. Mom I'd Like to Fleece For LEGO.

On 5/21/2018 at 8:32 AM, brickvoyeur said:

image.thumb.png.8419a270b870e4a997453db5d4095262.png

I'll provide an update, win or lose, when the item arrives. I just hope in the case of an issue that his dad doesn't work for the FBI like the other guy.

• Like 4

More a trade than a purchase but bought out most of another local Bricklink store in trade for a sealed 10221 SSD and a couple needed minifigures.  Was a win-win as I got around $1200 in new figures/sets and he got a set that he wanted as well as clearing inventory.  I was glad to move the SSD to a local instead of selling on ebay/bricklink as well.  Had a $330 buy-in on it as well.  

Edited by Huskers1236
  • Like 6

Bought 10 of 21308 Ideas Adventure Time last week with the Google Express code for $26.20 (47% off). I'm happy with the buy in price but there may be better deals on this upcoming.

It was interesting to see the original Walmart incoming order inventory stickers still on the box and ranging from 6500 to 8200 and dated  7/01/2017 with Lego production week 48 of 2016. This leads me to believe they originally ordered 10,000 of this set or measly $500,000 retail and this is just one of several hundred sets they buy every year. 

Good reminder that no matter how big anyone of us think we are, we are just small fish compared to the big boys.

adventuretime.thumb.jpg.b65e4f2cc3f6a63b48c756a322eb62f1.jpg

This guy arrived yesterday. It's becoming clear to me that buying retired sets from people who undervalue them seems to give the highest gains. No box queens and no quick flippers. Padded flat rate envelopes and regional rate boxes fit most used sets.

image.png.d7f5747ff436eb6cb151d1ba48babca4.png

Nothing like a 2 day hold time and 3x profit after fees.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

This guy arrived yesterday. It's becoming clear to me that buying retired sets from people who undervalue them seems to give the highest gains. No box queens and no quick flippers. Padded flat rate envelopes and regional rate boxes fit most used sets.

image.png.d7f5747ff436eb6cb151d1ba48babca4.png

Nothing like a 2 day hold time and 3x profit after fees.

I was expecting the instructions to say STAR WNRS. ? Nice!