What Lego set did you buy today?

2 arctic ice breakers 60062 for $78.33 each at TRU. I had $90 worth of rewards coupons that were about to expire which I stacked with the 10% credit promo. These are actually the first two that I have seen in my area ever, so I couldn't leave them.

TRU rewards don't stack with 10% off. You'll only get 10% off the remaining balance after reward coupons are applied.

TRU rewards don't stack with 10% off. You'll only get 10% off the remaining balance after reward coupons are applied.

Yes I know. The price I listed was my grand total divided by two, after coupons, tax, and the 10% on the remaining balance. Bottom line, everything equated to 43% off. I'll take it.

• Like 1

2 arctic ice breakers 60062 for $78.33 each at TRU. I had $90 worth of rewards coupons that were about to expire which I stacked with the 10% credit promo. These are actually the first two that I have seen in my area ever, so I couldn't leave them.

My TRU also restocked 2 Arctic Ice Breakers today.  I'm going to wait until a City sale, but they may not last that long.

I did pick-up a Star Destroyer today, but they had 2 yesterday and only one left when I got there tonight.  None in the back, so I'll have to wait for another sale to get more.

• Like 1

Went to my local TRU and used 20% + 10% CC + 10% GC. I price matched the Hulkbusters from Target and used the 10% CC and 10% GC. Came out to something like this:

Mos Eisley Cantina $51

Snowspeeder $21

Hulkbuster x2 $21 ea

Pretty happy with this buy.  Plus I got the Reward Pts that are starting to add up which will allow me to get something decent for near free next good TRU sale.

My TRU also restocked 2 Arctic Ice Breakers today. I'm going to wait until a City sale, but they may not last that long.

I did pick-up a Star Destroyer today, but they had 2 yesterday and only one left when I got there tonight. None in the back, so I'll have to wait for another sale to get more.

I was thinking the same thing. I was considering rolling the dice and hope for a city sale or bogo40 to get them down even more, but like I said, these were the first two I have ever seen in my area, so I didn't want to risk losing them. Besides, my coupons were about the expire anyway.

I also considered buying more lonely mountains (my store has 5 right now at $140), but the markup turned me off. The icebreakers were at normal retail. I think the LM will sit for awhile. They have been there for weeks already. If a decent sale happens I'll get those at that time.

• Like 1

Went to my local TRU and used 20% + 10% CC + 10% GC. I price matched the Hulkbusters from Target and used the 10% CC and 10% GC. Came out to something like this:

Mos Eisley Cantina $51

Snowspeeder $21

Hulkbuster x2 $21 ea

Pretty happy with this buy.  Plus I got the Reward Pts that are starting to add up which will allow me to get something decent for near free next good TRU sale.

You might mention the manager override needed for the 10% CC bonus.  Your math is against their price match policy.

You might mention the manager override needed for the 10% CC bonus.  Your math is against their price match policy.

You could be right.  I did notice on the receipt it didn't take a full 10% off and I was wondering why.  I guess I only got the 10% off on the star wars stuff then.  But those are still the prices they came out too rounded.

Couldn't get myself to buy an ISD, just not all that impressed by it, but that's another story. :)

I bought a Gorilla Grodd set today.  Something like $16 after Amazon PM, TRU 10% CC, and $25 in Rewards points.

Has the price match policy changed with how it works with 10% w/ CC on Thursdays, or are we forgetting to mention the manager overrides?  If it has changed, please say so.  If it hasn't, please say you needed a manager override and it's YMMV.

It's very misleading to new BrickPicker members if buyer practices aren't in line with retail stores price matching policies.  If everyone goes and starts asking for these same favors, eventually nobody will get them.

Please don't take this as calling anyone out.  Alpine is a veteran here, so he'll give us the down low.

Has the price match policy changed with how it works with 10% w/ CC on Thursdays, or are we forgetting to mention the manager overrides?  If it has changed, please say so.  If it hasn't, please say you needed a manager override and it's YMMV.

It's very misleading to new BrickPicker members, if buyer practices aren't in line with retail stores price match policies.  If everyone goes and starts asking for these same favors, eventually nobody will get them.

based on what he wrote i am guessing :

"he thinks he got the 10% TRUTH" but in reality he did not :) since the price don't reflect it.

current AMZN=> Target price for it is : $39.99 - (TRU REWARDS) $25 = $14.99+tax = $16.33 

if he really got 10% it would be more like $14.81 :)

Edited by newbie77

"he thinks he got the 10% TRUTH" but in reality he did not :) since the price don't reflect it.

current AMZN=> Target price for it is : $39.99 - (TRU REWARDS) $25 = $14.99+tax = $16.33

Cool, maybe that's clear, maybe it isn't.

How to get down to $78?

I can only get down to $86 with 20% gift card

Please don't take this as calling anyone out. Alpine is a veteran here, so he'll give us the down low.

Thanks exciter. And newbie77 got the math right. I just looked over the receipt and that's *exactly* how it worked out.

I asked the question in the TRUTH thread yesterday, and didn't expect (or ask) for the 10% discount after the PM. As I mentioned, the math is right, I didn't get the 10% discount after all.

What happened was that I walked up to the register, which happened to be manned by an Assistant Manager. I immediately asked for the PM to Amazon, and the AM immediately approved it. She asked if I had a Rewards Card and I pulled out my CC. She scaned my Rewards number and said "if you pay for this with the credit card, you'll save an extra 10%."

I was going to pay with the CC for the points no matter what, so I just said ok.

So no deception, and I didn't expect that I'd actually get the discount. I only did the e-receipt so I didn't even think about the math when I left (or posted). I'm guessing the computer overrode any discount from the CC considering it was the AM and she was offering it up *after* she ran the PM.

Oh, one point - I'm guessing newbie77 is somewhere with higher tax than CA, because his final price is 14 cents higher than the tax I paid. LOL

• Like 1

Found a box of CMF Series 8 at a local children's stuff consignment shop priced at $3.99. I felt out the whole box and cherry-picked two fairies, two lederhosen guys, and three actors. I forgot that the diver was also a good one from the series, so I'll be going back today.

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 1

65005 Artic Headquarters for $50 at the Walmart in Auburn hills, MI. 

Debated the purchase because one of the seals popped and the box had significant wear and a dinged corner.  But it was also encased in a spider and these sets are starting to disappear and I have zero.

So now I have one but the stickers, when removed, damaged packaging.  C'est la vie.