What Lego set did you buy today?

Ouch. You are in Belgium so I guess that's a good price. These were recently on sale here in the US and on Amazon they are $41.99.

They were widely available in the US at $25, and some folks even picked them up at $17/ea.  If that set even gets back to MSRP soon, they'll be a hoard to unload here.

Make a wanted list and sort by stores-unique lots.

Am I the only one who creates a few wanted lists (usually by set, but could be by anything), and then gives that to the computer to figure out what the best (read: a good) store combination would be given the current stock on BL? It almost always needs some tweaking and makes some assumptions (shipping...), but I couldn't imagine doing that by hand, especially not for orders with triple-digit different lots.

Edited by 10230

They were widely available in the US at $25, and some folks even picked them up at $17/ea.  If that set even gets back to MSRP soon, they'll be a hoard to unload here.

i am of differing opinion here. i believe more than 70% of those were picked up by part-out-ers.

10% were picked up by parents/general public for gifts.

only 20% are left for the resell as a whole set.

of all the resellers;

80% bought @ $23,98 (50% OFF)

5% bought @ any further discounts.

15% missed it waiting for further discounts....

if anybody picked them @ $23,98 to sell @$49,99 are (mostly newcomers in lego world) going to be in rude awakening when its time to ship them out. Weird shaped box with almost 3lb. going to cost @ least $13 to ship.

profit of $6-$7 :) per item.. yes its 15%-20% ROI :) but not what they would have expected.

Edited by newbie77

Still regret not going to Target when they had it for $25/$30...

Yeah, the two that I bought were priced at $29. Wish I could have bought at $25 or $17 but sets don't come down in price like that in my area. If I want to buy any I have to buy when they are available at whatever discount they are selling for. If I don't then the sets sell out.

Yeah, the two that I bought were priced at $29. Wish I could have bought at $25 or $17 but sets don't come down in price like that in my area. If I want to buy any I have to buy when they are available at whatever discount they are selling for. If I don't then the sets sell out.

Same as me here. But $29 is still better than $41 now...wish I bought it at $30 when they had it at my target. Went back 2 weeks later, all gone...sold out...

Same as me here. But $29 is still better than $41 now...wish I bought it at $30 when they had it at my target. Went back 2 weeks later, all gone...sold out...

It's all good. It's just time to move on to the next set or round of clearance that will be coming up. The good thing is clearance sales and deals are still able to be had in the future. It's not a one shot thing. If you miss out on deals one time it makes the next time you find a great deal even sweeter.

• Like 1

Ouch. You are in Belgium so I guess that's a good price. These were recently on sale here in the US and on Amazon they are $41.99.

I know they were in sale at US. Unbelievable how much reduction was received on this set. Here, I have followed this set for last 2 months but couldn't get it cheaper than that. I also followed stock of our largest retailer and it didn't move so not hoarded much here. Only set of the retiring Super Heroes i'm buying.

post-33870-0-76405100-1428006692.jpg

I've been on an Atlantis kick.  I bought a huge lot of 20+ used sets for about $140.  As well as a NISB Portal of Atlantis for $55 and a NISB City of Atlantis for $90.  I think I may have the whole theme now - lol.  These are not for investment (that's probably obvious).  My kids and I were watching some old Brickshow reviews and thought a lot of the sets were really cool (Portal of Atlantis and Angler Attack especially).

New collectors should peruse some of the old forgotten themes.  You can get some cool used stuff that no one else even thinks to looks for on Ebay auction.

Also, completed my set of Dragon suit ninjago minifigs and my Vader minifig collection #allthevaders.

• Like 5