What Lego set did you buy today?

I was shocked to win this 10240 - UCS X-Wing auction tonight.  I had some EBay Bucks to burn, so it was good timing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191551821198?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also picked up these at KMart this morning.

4 x City Cargo Truck

4 x Friends: Olivia's Newborn Foal

1 x Chima: Eglor's Twin Bike

4 x Series 13 (3 Hot Dog Guys)

1 x Dunkin Donuts 12 oz Ground Coffee

All for $92.95 plus 2 x Gas Coupons ($9) and $12 back in points.  I used some points to get the prices down.

• Like 1

I was shocked to win this 10240 - UCS X-Wing auction tonight. I had some EBay Bucks to burn, so it was good timing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191551821198?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I also picked up these at KMart this morning.

4 x City Cargo Truck

4 x Friends: Olivia's Newborn Foal

1 x Chima: Eglor's Twin Bike

4 x Series 13 (3 Hot Dog Guys)

1 x Dunkin Donuts 12 oz Ground Coffee

All for $92.95 plus 2 x Gas Coupons ($9) and $12 back in points. I used some points to get the prices down.

Nice score on the x-wing!

• Like 1

Found a box of CMF Series 8 at a local children's stuff consignment shop priced at $3.99. I felt out the whole box and cherry-picked two fairies, two lederhosen guys, and three actors. I forgot that the diver was also a good one from the series, so I'll be going back today.

I went back and smooshed two divers from the same box. I chatted it up with her and she mentioned that she had a couple of sealed series 8 boxes in the back. Needless to say, I bought them both. Paid $524 after tax. Feeling good!

• Like 3

2 X  Birds 21301 at K-Mart for $80 ($69.75 out of pocket) with $11 in points back

This might be a good one if anyone plays the Shop Your Way game and has points. These are on the web for $44.99 (I hadn't noticed these at K-Mart before). If you look for SYW coupons, there is a $10 back in points on a $50 purchase. Also, I went to the direct mobile coupon generator here http://shc.cpn2c.co/RecomService/web/bE3R. There was a $10 off $75 toys. I was able to apply both coupons to this order (you can't always do this). I paid the balance with a 7% off raise GC. I paid with some points to get my out of pocket further, but I had to pay $75 out of pocket (via GC) to get the discounts and points back. 

After some points I had, it was $69.75 (7% raise card) for 2 sets out of pocket. $10 back in points, gets these sets pretty darn cheap. Once these ship, you have points to do this over and over once you generate some fresh coupon codes. About $30/set if you count the points back like cash. It's some work, but I was kinda stoked to see this set at K-Mart online. 

Pretty crafty. Do you know if those coupons are single use?

I used two coupons total. You can re-generate unique codes for $10 off $75 on toys at this URL http://shc.cpn2c.co/...ervice/web/bE3R 

The $10 back on a $50 purchase is unique. Once used, you can't us it again. I would say do it once, and pocket the points. Then parlay it again by using a $10 off $20 coupon. If you have shop your way linked to a mobile account, Text THANKS to 73277 to get a Sears.com coupon code. It says sears on it, but I was able to use the code from kmart.com on a birds purchase. I had some points stacked up, so I got another birds for $7 after I used all my points from the previous purchase, and some I had banked. 

There's definitely some room for some creativity. Outside of some SW sets, this seems to be one of the few sets at kmart with some investment potential (I'm in the camp that says this set is a winner).

• Like 2

Picked a used %100 complete 10210 Imperial Flagship with box/manuals locally for $600 CAD ($480 USD).

Still need to verify myself if it is %100, but it looks to be. This is for my personal collection, and down the road i can see selling it for more than i paid, so win-win!

Well, I just heard my bank account scream as if suddenly hundreds of pennies ceased to exist.

Finally bit the bullet and bought myself a Sopwith Camel. A lego sopwith camel has been on my bucket list since I was a very young boy and saw the first model come out way back in 2001. 

Growing up a short drive away from the United States' largest airforce museum, and with my nose in a comic book of everybody's favorite WWI flying-ace beagle and his trusty doghouse Sopwith; I've always loved old planes.