What Lego set did you buy today?

I received my first 3 of 4 sets I bought from Kmart for at home delivery yesterday. They shipped a City Snowplow in a plastic shipping bag, like you would ship clothes in. The other 2 sets were in a box.  Surprisingly, the box wasn't damaged much. It only cost about $12 after using my points and other coupons, but something to consider.

Over the past few weeks I got:

30313: Garbage Truck (x60) for 34 cents each.  There was a target near me that didn't put all of these out for Easter.  When they went 90% off on Sunday, they still had 2 boxes in the stockroom.  I picked them up before they went salvage.

3181:  Passenger Plane (used) for $20.  Got this at a local community sale.  It was just dusty and missing a few common minifig parts.  I cleaned it up and it looks great.

70162:  Infearno Interception (x4) for $8.99

70163:  Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown (x3) for $11.99

60044:  Mobile Police Unit (x2) for $17.98

76013:  Batman: The Joker Steam Roller (x2) for $14.99

76022:  X-Men vs. The Sentinel for $14.99

• Like 7

Wildbricks, you mean 1 plate at a time?  Most folks would just prefer Lego sell the straight piece alone for cheaper instead of including that crossing plate...I'm sure many have extra crossing plates they don't use.  Eventually I'll need to add more straight and curved plates.  Slow build...many empty land parcels waiting for Cinema, Restaurant, Detective etc. just like Rome wasn't built in one day :)     

• Like 1

30313: Garbage Truck (x60) for 34 cents each.  There was a target near me that didn't put all of these out for Easter.  When they went 90% off on Sunday, they still had 2 boxes in the stockroom.  I picked them up before they went salvage.

3181:  Passenger Plane (used) for $20.  Got this at a local community sale.  It was just dusty and missing a few common minifig parts.  I cleaned it up and it looks great.

How the hell did you manage to buy those sets for so cheap? Lowest ever been for 76013 was $25 at Target.

Nice grab on the 30313: Garbage Truck (x60) for 34 cents each I didn't find any for a while but that doesn't mean they weren't in the stock as well.

Didn't think to check but maybe next time. Also, I noticed that some Targets will simply sale it before telling you it's not available and going to the salvage pile.

If you were to buy these sets for investment today, what order of priority would you put these?

1. Pet shop

2. Technic 42009

3. Palace Cinema

4. Tower Bridge

5. Death Star

6. Maersk Triple-E

7. Sea Cow

8. Slave 1

9. T1

10. Tumbler

I have seen a lot of people speculate about the pet shop, death star and palace cinema being at or near the end of the line. Who knows if that is true for sure, but if it is, I would focus on those to start.

Edited by micbelt
  • Like 1