What Lego set did you buy today?

I ordered one of the 42009 Mobile Crane Mk II from Amazon UK for $150.60 shipped.  I thought about ordering more than one but figured this might have the best chance of arriving safely.  I have had a few bad experiences with Amazon UK although they had good customer service.

​Last month I ordered two passenger trains from Amz UK and about 30 seconds later decided to order a third. The two I ordered first came together in a box that fit them perfectly and they were in great shape. The third one came by itself (obviously) in a box that was completely wrong for it...it had to be put in diagonally in order to fit and the corner of the lego box was smashed. Really just seems to be a roll of the dice...

​Last month I ordered two passenger trains from Amz UK and about 30 seconds later decided to order a third. The two I ordered first came together in a box that fit them perfectly and they were in great shape. The third one came by itself (obviously) in a box that was completely wrong for it...it had to be put in diagonally in order to fit and the corner of the lego box was smashed. Really just seems to be a roll of the dice...

That's the way it seems... I've ordered 2x MKII and they were in a huge box with very little padding. They arrived in very good condition - only one small nick on a single box that looked like it might have been there before. The shipping box looked trashed though. I also ordered a single one and it arrived in a well-sized shipping box that was trashed but came with excellent padding so the box was minty.

It's almost like they just pack with whatever they have lying around at the time rather than having a "system" in place to provide packing materials to the poor saps filling these boxes.

A bunch of goodies came in the mail today, I got a misb doc ock heist (76015) for $5 shipped, a misb arctic ice crawler (60033) for $5 shipped, a mostly complete architecture White House (21006) for $15, and last but not least a 100% complete used ucs r2d2 (10225) for $65 shipped! He's only missing the instructions and box  

image.jpg

Edited by California92563
  • Like 4

Yeah, my Amazon UK box was a little beat up but the LEGO box survived. I also got free gift wrapping for extra protection. Hit and miss though.

I got a box from Costco in Canada and it was pretty screwed up, LEGO box barely survived.

I got a box from LEGO and they put a smaller box on the side that seriously indented it. You'd think they'd know how to pack boxes of all people.

Meanwhile people complain about Toys r Us and Amazon but they've always been good for me, so far.

After seeing the previous picture mine doesn't sound so awesome . . . 

I found this in the clearance aisle at Walmart with the UPC cut out. Asked a manager how much it was, and she came back and told me she could sell it to me for $5. Not the most sought after set, but anything for that price will make my day, and I'll just add to the collection.

20150423_184803.jpg

• Like 1

4 more 42030 Volvo Front Loaders at ~$152.00 us dollars each (Amazon UK)...booyah!

I am trying to figure out the huge differences in availability across the globe.

US, Lego is sold out, it is full price most other retailers...however across the pond is a different story.

At various Lego Shop at Home site (Germany, UK, Italy) the set is still widely available and in higher quantities (max of 10/order).

From day one the Lego LEGO Shop at Home limit was 1 per order and is now TOOS.

Thoughts?  Taking a small trip on the way back machine I was researching 8275 bulldozer.  A flagship Technic set that lasted only ~6 months (according to brickset).

Could this happen with 42030...sure, will it....?  That is the question I wish I could answer.  I am already at my quota and I have been adding each time Amazon UK discounts them (doing the same with 42009).  Will both retire this year.  I am more certain about 42009 following the 2 yr Technic flagship cycle.  This cycle seems to have been the norm for a couple of years now.

Got a couple of sets from Toys R Us ebay store:

10 x 70815 Super secret police dropship for $59.97 @ 40% off

My orders on there listings that were mistakes went through, hehe, those are:

10 x Bulldozer 60074 for $5.97 Reg = $49.99 = 88% off

10 x Excavator and Truck 60075 for $5.87 Reg = $59.99 = 90% off

10 x Demolition Site 60076 for $31.97 Reg = $109.99 = 70% off

10 x Dune Buggy Trailer 60082 for $7.97 Reg = $24.99 = 68% off

10 x 4x4 With Power Boat 60085 for $11.17 Reg = $39.99 = 72% off

10 x Lego Medium Brick Box 10696 for $19.97 Reg = $34.99 = 43% off

And just ordered 12 x Lego movie getaway glider 70800 for $10 = 33% off.

Overall it was a good day to buy lego.

• Like 2