What Lego set did you buy today?

US purchases from EU countries like Amazon UK will have the VAT removed at checkout.  VAT - value added tax - is an ~ 18% tax that is included in the pricing of EU retail items (by law).  FYI.

​Oh of course, the VAT. I'm in Ireland so I pay VAT. The UK RRP prices are often higher than the Euro prices too, so I don't buy from Amazon UK often unless it's a really good discount. Sometimes I'll buy from the continental Amazons (Fr, De etc) but then I have to pay shipping. One of the drawbacks of living on an island.

Picked up another Fallingwater at the local BN. Used the 10% off member card, and a 15% off gift card. They refused to take the coupon. They mentioned that corporate told them if they accept any more for ANY Lego product, they would pull the architecture stock. =(

Also picked up a complete set of series 3 mixels for my son that were on clearance at TRU.

​I was at my local BN yesterday. Used the 10% off member card and then a 20% off coupon on an Eiffel Tower. No issues.

I haven't been buying a lot this season but there were a couple of purchases over the weekend:

Trevi Fountain (BN 10%+20%) - to build

Fallingwater (BN 10%+20%)

2 Cargo Trains from Amazon UK, thanks to BP!

​Nice I just got my high speed train from Amazon UK here in Canada and no duty fees. (Maybe because the declared value was $95?) Lemme know how it goes for you eh?

PIcked up an 8099 yesterday for $45.  I didn't even know these existed until I saw it yesterday.  It's the market rate.  It's for personal build.  I'm a little surprised this set has stalled at $5 above RRP, when the MF Mid Scale seems to go for a lot more.  I really like the look of it.

PIcked up an 8099 yesterday for $45.  I didn't even know these existed until I saw it yesterday.  It's the market rate.  It's for personal build.  I'm a little surprised this set has stalled at $5 above RRP, when the MF Mid Scale seems to go for a lot more.  I really like the look of it.

​The 8099 is a neat little set. I bought it last summer, but I never got around to building it yet. When I do build it, I will display it next to my 6211 ISD.

Where did you find the 8099 set Alpinemaps, EU or US? :)

Edit: Sorry, you put $, time to sleep for me...

​hehe, no problem.  It was at Star Wars Celebration this weekend that I found it.  One of the vendors had a 10179 for $5K (and reduced it to $4K on the last day) and another had Cloud City (it sold, but I don't know how much).

Question: SAH Canada is offering free Kai drifter bags for $50 or more. Planned a few sets, all each over 50... If I simply place 10 separate orders back to back, will I score 10 freebies, or will TLC lump it all together and give me 1? If the latter, how many hours/days does one have to split orders by?

Question: SAH Canada is offering free Kai drifter bags for $50 or more. Planned a few sets, all each over 50... If I simply place 10 separate orders back to back, will I score 10 freebies, or will TLC lump it all together and give me 1? If the latter, how many hours/days does one have to split orders by?

​I'm pretty sure they include one in each order. They do when I go to the store too, even though based on what they said they aren't suppose to and "LEGO has ways of preventing that".