What Lego set did you buy today?

My personal ranking:

Buy now, good investment, very likely to go away in the next 6 months: PS, 42009

High priority, may or may not last another year, and a good investment:  PC, T1

Going away soon, but limited investment value:  EEE

Your guess is as good as mine, good investment, but completely unknown life: DS, TB, Sea Cow

Can wait on this one, unlikely to go away within the year: Slave 1, Tumbler

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 1

If you were to buy these sets for investment today, what order of priority would you put these?

1. Pet shop

2. Technic 42009

3. Palace Cinema

4. Tower Bridge

5. Death Star

6. Maersk Triple-E

7. Sea Cow

8. Slave 1

9. T1

10. Tumbler

Personally, I would read each of these threads (since they each have one) & form my own opinion, rather than have strangers spend my money. But that's just me... ;) Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Personally, I would read each of these threads (since they each have one) & form my own opinion, rather than have strangers spend my money. But that's just me... ;)

No, I do have my thoughts, but they usually align more to my building preferences and I like to hear those of others. I have read a majority of the threads regarding each of these sets.

• Like 1

They'll come in handy in 2028 when it goes EOL ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Brickpicker mobile app

You may be right.  I think it is gone this year.  I've done well with TH and R2.  I think R5 will be there soon and I think DS is going.

Personal opinion not fact but more than thin air.

Here's my thoughts ...

Respect for putting your money where your mouth is on that one - I just hope you are getting them at a fat discount!

Thank you.  I am able to get them at about $360 through legitimate methods.  Prefer not to discuss where I am buying them but I am doing things by the book.

MSRP in US is $399.99 and no one generally puts it on sale.  I may be making a bad move but I really feel good about this set and that the time is near.

I heared the same about DS. It will go slow though. Due to its pricepoint. Still not hard to find in physical shops. But its days are numbered in my illusion.

Let's wait and see. I wil buy some more at May 4th.

I could be wrong.  It appears to me that they had the Mexico plant do one last big production run on this thing and that will be it.  I have no inside information, just lots of rumors seem to be swirling, I am just guessing that is what happened.  It has disappeared (again) from Toys R Us and Walmart.  I wonder when Target, Amazon and LEGO Shop at Home run out of stock.  I predict it (ok I will be burned horribly I am sure) that it goes out of stock for good in the US in June.

There

• Like 1

Star Wars time has come again. The next six+ years will be a wild ride.

Word.

I've been stocking up on Star Wars stuff.

I think we have no idea the explosion that will happen with Christmas and Episode VII this fall.

I may sell off most of my modulars except TH to cover more funds for more SW sets for the fall...

• Like 1

Totally agree with everything you said Trek, except I think the technical worst case is not that it doesn't retire and you lose $300 total. It's that they release another Death Star and it's better than this one. Aside from that, great points, like that you advise people to have other reasons, and agree on the "what if it retires and you don't have some" part.

21116 Crafting Box: $39.99 (Target price match)

70753 Lava Falls

Nothing much to report on really, deals or otherwise. My Walmart received a few more new boxes of Minifigures Series 13 therefore I bought some additional characters I wanted a few extras of. Picked up Lava Falls being the second smallest currently available Ninjago set after already getting Jungle Trap knowing those smalls don't always last long in particular stuff with ninjas. Target finally had Mixels Series 4 and I managed to acquire a complete so I got that going for me which is nice. ^_^

Now I will be completely honest. I have never played Minecraft even once although I am curious. I am also not the biggest fan of the minifigure scale sets however they do pique my interest. Also some of the characters are kind of neat as I mentioned before like Mooshroom, Skeleton, and Enderman. Pretty much every time I go into the LEGO aisle at Target or Walmart, the Minecraft sets are almost always sold out from the shelves which I figured.

Anyway, I saw the $10 off the Crafting Box from Amazon in the Daily Deals for a while now, made a note of it, saw Target had a couple left on the shelf from their recent toy aisle reset, and had them price match up at customer service. This set I felt offered the best of just about everything and included a Skeleton, Mooshroom, Steve, a platinum axe, and a bunch of parts like any Creative Bucket would. I am actually looking forward to building the inspiration models included then see what I can muster with going my own way. It will be nice to freeform build like I used to as a youngling and go for broke.