What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up a Fallingwater 21005 at my local Barnes and Noble for $80 (after 10% membership card and 15% coupon).

They warned me that the coupon may not work on architecture sets next time, as they're having an internal debate about allowing it. Still good this time. =)

Picked up a Fallingwater 21005 at my local Barnes and Noble for $80 (after 10% membership card and 15% coupon).

They warned me that the coupon may not work on architecture sets next time, as they're having an internal debate about allowing it. Still good this time. =)

Same deal, but 12% off GC and 20% coupon, ended up around $65

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Lol, I got the exact same spiel at the Barnes and Noble I went to today. I also went there last week and they only honored this week's coupon because I said last week's was honored last time.

She said, "I don't think this coupon will work on Lego." Once it was obvious she wouldn't allow it without some intervention, I mentioned that it worked last week no problem (which it did), so she tried it. It worked. Then she said, "The system may allow it, but I don't think we're supposed to. Has something to do with our contract with Lego. I'll allow it this time, but just know that next time you may not be allowed to use this coupon on Lego."

Edited by minicoopers11

Lol, I got the exact same spiel at the Barnes and Noble I went to today. I also went there last week and they only honored this week's coupon because I said last week's was honored last time.

She said, "I don't think this coupon will work on Lego." Once it was obvious she wouldn't allow it without some intervention, I mentioned that it worked last week no problem (which it did), so she tried it. It worked. Then she said, "The system may allow it, but I don't think we're supposed to. Has something to do with our contract with Lego. I'll allow it this time, but just know that next time you may not be allowed to use this coupon on Lego."

I find this amusing... what does a retail employee know about the details of the business contract between the company and Lego? Unless the coupon specifically states Lego is excluded or they can present you a copy/clause of their contract with Lego that it cannot be discounted, then imo if the system allows the discount, then you should be able to use it.

I find this amusing... what does a retail employee know about the details of the business contract between the company and Lego? Unless the coupon specifically states Lego is excluded or they can present you a copy/clause of their contract with Lego that it cannot be discounted, then imo if the system allows the discount, then you should be able to use it.

The coupon explicitly states Lego in the Toys and Games section is excluded. The link to the full exclusion list does not list architecture sets, though (except studio).

Because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, and you know what happens when things get whispered in the ear of person to person.

• Like 4

The coupon explicitly states Lego in the Toys and Games section is excluded. The link to the full exclusion list does not list architecture sets, though (except studio).

Ah ok, I didn't see the fine prints of the coupon. Fair enough if they refuse the coupon then :D

Because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, because their management is harping in their ear about it with whatever details were passed down to them, and you know what happens when things get whispered in the ear of person to person.

gallery_2081_28_312767.gif

• Like 1

4 Arctic Helicranes, 8 Star Wars ISD, MF and X Wing Microfighter Destroyers for a total of $160 including tax at Meijer with $18 mperks rewards to spend so net cost of $142.  Excited!

neat buy the helicranes and get the microfighters for free :P LOL

10 x City: Racing Bike Trucks

10 x City: Snow Plow

KMart online w/ rolling points and surprise points.  I've had some really good coupons this week plus the $5 in points w/ $50 purchase.  They are averaging about $7 each.

i wish kmart allowed me to shop :)

Let me know when you plan to sell. Will buy one from you.

I'm gonna hopefully list around 150 opened CMF today on BL. If you say that you're from brickpicker, I'll take 10% off for ya. ???? Also opened a few series 4 packs, got a hazmat guy, even found a bumblebee girl and chicken suit guy yesterday. Was feelin the rush from getting so many suit guys. Haha

I'm gonna hopefully list around 150 opened CMF today on BL. If you say that you're from brickpicker, I'll take 10% off for ya. ???? Also opened a few series 4 packs, got a hazmat guy, even found a bumblebee girl and chicken suit guy yesterday. Was feelin the rush from getting so many suit guys. Haha

Nice. I love the surprises too. What's the store?