What Lego set did you buy today?

How do people usually order the pieces? Seems like impossible to find a seller that have at least 4 pieces of one I need in the same store...would hate paying shipping like 4+ times for these pieces...

You can see if lego has the parts too. Ordering by set makes it easy.

Start here

https://service.lego...parts#BasicInfo

Put in your age. 

Click I want to buy a piece

Bricks and Pieces Selection

Put in the set number

The big sets came already built. There are books for about 30 more smaller sets. Spongebob, **** Potter, Indy. Tons of minis. Going to be some work but I couldnt pass it up. Kid was 18 and going to college. Entering his dark age... maybe see him here in 10 years or so.

Killer deal.  Great score.  Easily clear $1000 with those sets, especially with boxes.

I'm trying to sort by stores but it doesn't show all all of the stores is that normal? 

What you mean by unique lots?

Can I filter by country int he "My Wanted" list?

Just keep playing with it. Bricklink is a trip back in time to the dark days of the early Internet. You'll never learn anything if we give you all the answers.
  • Like 1

I'm trying to sort by stores but it doesn't show all all of the stores is that normal? What you mean by unique lots?Can I filter by country int he "My Wanted" list?

I just placed my second order on bricklink. Starting to get the hang of it. Definitely realizing that sorting out craigslist lots is something I should do when my kids are old enough to help. It's a lot of work. I'm going to stick to nib investing. Craigslist scores can go in a bin for my kids.

I just placed my second order on bricklink. Starting to get the hang of it. Definitely realizing that sorting out craigslist lots is something I should do when my kids are old enough to help. It's a lot of work. I'm going to stick to nib investing. Craigslist scores can go in a bin for my kids.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. Moving forward I will either buy as is and sell as is or NIB. Spent hours trying to sort out which piece I need and how to get them in one store. Time consuming.

Oh, I see what you mean now. I see the unique lots thing. Thanks!

I've been making a priority wanted list. It has 5-10 pieces that will get a few sets finished. I use that to find a shop with good prices that has all or most of those pieces. Then you can search in store for what they have on the rest of your lists. I'm sure there are better systems but that's working for me. At least it's working better than what I was doing.

I've been making a priority wanted list. It has 5-10 pieces that will get a few sets finished. I use that to find a shop with good prices that has all or most of those pieces. Then you can search in store for what they have on the rest of your lists. I'm sure there are better systems but that's working for me. At least it's working better than what I was doing.

I generally make a new wanted list for each set I'm trying to complete - that way I can see how many pieces I need and what they are. If it's a set I'm going to sell, I search my wanted list by just those sets, thus giving them "priority." Once I narrow down a few shops by unique lots, I compare prices. Then once I pick a shop, I make sure to search the shop for my entire wanted list to be sure to pick up any other pieces I may need.

It takes a little tinkering, but works ok. Don't forget to then delete items ordered from your wanted list or else you end up ordering again!!

• Like 1

I generally make a new wanted list for each set I'm trying to complete - that way I can see how many pieces I need and what they are. If it's a set I'm going to sell, I search my wanted list by just those sets, thus giving them "priority." Once I narrow down a few shops by unique lots, I compare prices. Then once I pick a shop, I make sure to search the shop for my entire wanted list to be sure to pick up any other pieces I may need.

It takes a little tinkering, but works ok. Don't forget to then delete items ordered from your wanted list or else you end up ordering again!!

I prefer to MOVE my purchased pieces to a new wanted list with a note of the set number and the order number (assuming multiple orders).  After I have received and verified the pieces (and placed with the correct sets), I will finally delete the items from the new 'purchased' wanted list.  I once had too many sets going at once and couldn't remember what each piece was for.

Edit to add: I usually do not have instructions when building random sets, so I also keep a list of pieces on a sheet of paper for each set to double check the Bricklink list as the piece of paper is more technologically sound than the Bricklink interface :D

Edited by redghostx

I prefer to MOVE my purchased pieces to a new wanted list with a note of the set number and the order number (assuming multiple orders). After I have received and verified the pieces (and placed with the correct sets), I will finally delete the items from the new 'purchased' wanted list. I once had too many sets going at once and couldn't remember what each piece was for.

That's actually a great idea. I print off my orders so I can keep track, but I've had at least 1 case where my order was not received complete so I had to go back and re-add the pieces. Moving the ordered parts to a new wanted list would be a nice way around it as long as you remembered to not order those parts again. For some of my orders from Europe, 2 or 3 weeks can go by between placing the order and receipt.

That's actually a great idea. I print off my orders so I can keep track, but I've had at least 1 case where my order was not received complete so I had to go back and re-add the pieces. Moving the ordered parts to a new wanted list would be a nice way around it as long as you remembered to not order those parts again. For some of my orders from Europe, 2 or 3 weeks can go by between placing the order and receipt.

Going a little off topic but to finish this thought:  When you place a note on the items in your purchased list, you will see the note in any store you are looking at and you can also "deselect" the "purchased" wanted list from the displayed items.  For example, I am currently completing 20 sets at once and I have about 12 wanted lists for them, 10 for one set each, 1 for general items and 1 for 10 small sets.  For the group of 10, I list the set number in the note and after I purchase an item, I add the order number beside it and then move it to my general purchased list (I also have an extra wanted list for one particular set because I need 30 pieces).  When I look for pieces, I remove the purchased lists from my searches; both in stores and in items by shop.  I haven't ordered a duplicate item yet.

If I have the same piece missing from multiple sets, I list it in each wanted list and compile them into one list when I buy them.

Mods can probably move this stretch to the BL discussion.

• Like 1