What Lego set did you buy today?

Folks have been using it multiple times.  I guess you just have to print several copies.

Thanks. anyway, I used my GF's email to signed up kids club last night. guess what, I got the new coupon this morning. I will use the new one if the old copy does not go through. I saw two R2D2s last night. hope it has not gone yet.

Filled a shopping cart for the first time today. Got some stares, it was fun! I also had my 5 year old with me - he was surprisingly nonchalant about the whole thing, and never questioned the sets, since we were buying the Trash Chomper from the Lego Movie and that was all he cared about. We got the taco guy, panda guy, and the two-faced cop CMF's as well.

On to the deals, all from a Fred Meyer I had noticed last week that was still well stocked from after Christmas. Most of them in the NW around Seattle are pretty sparse. They are running a buy 2 get 1 free deal, and also have a 10% off coupon that works for toys (basically covers the WA nearly 10% sales tax). The deal stacked with sale prices, hence these buys:

3 x 70709 Galactic Titan $46 each

3 x 75019 AT-TE $41 each

3 x 60008 City Museum Break-In $32 each

2 x 79003 Unexpected Gathering $37 each

1 x 9499 Gungan Sub $36

Some aren't close to retirement, but I couldn't pass them up at the prices. 

• Like 2

Yes, the Coast Guard Helicopter is now at $7.50 on KMart.com this week, but "Temporarily Unavailable".  This is because KMart has 75% Off clearance toys this week.  I stopped by a nearby KMart on my way home from tiling my in-laws laundry room and much to my surprise:

35 x Olivia's Desk (30102) poly bag - $0.75 each

1 x City Coast Guard Helicopter (60013) - $7.50 (price match)

1 x LOTR: Uruk Hai Army (9471) - $5.50

I bought a Thomas The Train game for my son's Leap Pad for $4.50 to get to $50 and also got a $0.30 off 15 gallon gas coupon.

Over the weekend:

10225 - new

10937 - from WH

10227 - used off ebay---w/ TC-14 for $90

another SW lot off ebay---50 minifigs+the last version of the AT-ST (not the UCS one) + some other smaller models for $50 total----should be an easy 3x-4x my money

Nice haul.  Bad for me though, as I've been looking around WH for an Arkham, but I obviously wasn't paying attention.

Yes, the Coast Guard Helicopter is now at $7.50 on KMart.com this week, but "Temporarily Unavailable".  This is because KMart has 75% Off clearance toys this week.  I stopped by a nearby KMart on my way home from tiling my in-laws laundry room and much to my surprise:

35 x Olivia's Desk (30102) poly bag - $0.75 each

1 x City Coast Guard Helicopter (60013) - $7.50 (price match)

1 x LOTR: Uruk Hai Army (9471) - $5.50

I bought a Thomas The Train game for my son's Leap Pad for $4.50 to get to $50 and also got a $0.30 off 15 gallon gas coupon.

I got the same price for 30102,   Also $14 for Fire Plane 4209.  They have a bunch of 60013 at full retail price and they refused to price match.  I went to 2 Kmart stores and both refused to price match.

I got the same price for 30102,   Also $14 for Fire Plane 4209.  They have a bunch of 60013 at full retail price and they refused to price match.  I went to 2 Kmart stores and both refused to price match.

I just explain to them it's part of their online clearance and I tried to purchase it site-to-store, but that option was unavailable.  All of this is true.  They haven't had a problem with it yet.  I was able to get a few at $15 last week.  I know it's strictly YMMV, but that's the only explanation I've used.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've spent lot of money, but..

8 of 4842

2 of 4841

2 of 4840

3 of 4865

1 of 4730

3 of 4737

2 of 4738

1 of 4867

1 of 4736

2 of 10217

1 of 5770

2 of 6857

1 of 6860

1 of 5887

1 of 10212

and 1 of 8674 (!) 

All my efforts over the EOL sets

Quite a stash, what did you pay?

Stopped by a Mom & Pop local pharmacy out in the country I've passed a 1000 times, but haven't visited for 10 years.  Holy moly toy section, I could have never guessed. I was expecting a handful of sets, but they carry more than KMart.  Tons of Star Wars Vintage Collection figures too.  They had 2 Helm's Deep, 2 Millennium Falcons, 2 Jabba's Palace, Fire Station, Police Station, a Mindstorm V3, bunches of other sets all at MSRP.  I picked up the 3 Wolverine Chopper Showdowns they had for $19.99 each.  At least they aren't marked up.  I asked  the clerk if they ever have sales.  Yes, 25% - 30% off before Christmas and other sales occasionally.

I can't imagine what I've missed there over the past couple years, but I'll be paying attention to them now.

Stopped by a Mom & Pop local pharmacy out in the country I've passed a 1000 times, but haven't visited for 10 years.  Holy moly toy section, I could have never guessed. I was expecting a handful of sets, but they carry more than KMart.  Tons of Star Wars Vintage Collection figures too.  They had 2 Helm's Deep, 2 Millennium Falcons, 2 Jabba's Palace, Fire Station, Police Station, a Mindstorm V3, bunches of other sets all at MSRP.  I picked up the 3 Wolverine Chopper Showdowns they had for $19.99 each.  At least they aren't marked up.  I asked  the clerk if they ever have sales.  Yes, 25% - 30% off before Christmas and other sales occasionally.

I can't imagine what I've missed there over the past couple years, but I'll be paying attention to them now.

That`s great! You never can tell with those stores. Sometimes you get nothing, other times, well, you know  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

If you have the time never ignore those small town stores that MIGHT have a tiny toy section that regular people might never pay a mind too. Good source for the odd EOL or HTF LEGO set.