What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up 2 SSD, 2 TB, 2 AA. I plan on adding 2 asylum per month in 2014. All from Amazon. I may add 1 SSD per month in 2014 as well. Just cannot beat the free shipping and no tax. Like buying them 7.5% off just from taxes. I will not buy from lego until double VIP shows up again and then only in limited quantities.

Well played sir

Didn't buy, but picked up at Walmart today a Jabba's Palace.  They dropped their price down a little after Christmas to $98, not the cheapest, but since I waited so long and the consensus is that it is retiring I had to get one for the kids.  Will spend all year telling them they don't make it anymore and then drop it on them next Christmas.

Seeing as how the SSD is no longer in the Lego catalogue, I figured today was the day to buy one to ensure I have one for myself. I got it at Legoland Toronto where my membership gives me 10% off all purchases, which is the best we ever see on this set up here other than double VIP points month at the Lego store itself but I wasn't going to wait with this set. I also got An Unexpected Gathering for much the same reasons to complete my personal use collection of the first wave of Hobbit sets,

While I was there I saw they have 10 Orc Forges on their shelf in mint shape from what I saw. If I hadn't cleaned them out of that many 2 months ago I would have taken them. Happy hunting fellow Canucks.

I then went to 2 Targets and got one each (because that's all there was or else I'd have bought much more) of Hulk Helicarrier, Power Armor Lex, Mirkwood Spiders, and Attack of the Wargs for 50% off. Target has shot up to become my favourite Lego source in the less than a year it's been open up here. Just have to wait for the clearances.

• Like 1

Vampyre Castle for my Halloween Village

And....5 minutes later, I've ordered the Winter Village Post Office.  It was on Amazon Warehouse.  Price was better than anything on eBay.

Still kicking myself for not picking up these sets all those years I was going to Legoland and admiring them.  Oh well.

Today was a busy day.  In chronological order:

B&******

Gunship: $75 (40% off w/ Kids Club)

TRU (in store)

Movie Minifigures: x2 @ ~$3?

(all hobbit guards were gone; wouldn't price match Funhouse @ $42 w/ $15 off $60)

Walmart (in store; no major clearance)

Mines of Moria x1 @ $54

Weathertop x1 @ $40

Lone Ranger Pump Car Polypag: x2 @ 3.97

Target (in store; nothing on clearance):

Movie Minifigures: x15 @ 2.99

TRU Online

Vampyre Castle (inspired by Alpinemaps and others)

Funhouse x2

Movie Ice Cream x1

Hobbit Barrel Escape x1

(used $15 off $60 for these - 3 diff orders)

And for the grand finale....

eBay

Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge: $450 (Free Shipping)

Today was a busy day. In chronological order:

B&N

Gunship: $75 (40% off w/ Kids Club)

TRU (in store)

Movie Minifigures: x2 @ ~$3?

(all hobbit guards were gone; wouldn't price match Funhouse @ $42 w/ $15 off $60)

Walmart (in store; no major clearance)

Mines of Moria x1 @ $54

Weathertop x1 @ $40

Lone Ranger Pump Car Polypag: x2 @ 3.97

Target (in store; nothing on clearance):

Movie Minifigures: x15 @ 2.99

TRU Online

Vampyre Castle (inspired by Alpinemaps and others)

Funhouse x2

Movie Ice Cream x1

Hobbit Barrel Escape x1

(used $15 off $60 for these - 3 diff orders)

And for the grand finale....

eBay

Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge: $450 (Free Shipping)

Are you building the pirate ships? Feel free or sitemail me if you want,

I went to walmart today and low and behold I found a 7962 podracers sitting there. I checked the price and it came up as $45. at that price I couldn't pass it up.

Well, that is a good price. Might be hard to move but you could offer it cheap enough for a quick sale (if it was purchased for an investment). I do hear it is a cool build.

Wish I could sell my last one at $75 even for a slight loss :) It was one of my earliest investment purchases so I overpaid :(

$45 is so a much better price.

Finally scored a DS at B&****** for $260 (last day before my kids club coupon expired).  Might be the only one I get.  My daughter made my laugh when she asked me as we were checking out, "I really want to build this one.  Are you just going to sell it?"  Everyone in line and the cashier heard.  I was the only one who laughed.

Found a Robie House at TRU for $170.  I still shocks me that this is only Lego set I have ever seen there where the shelf price is below MSRP.  They list it for $186.  I am sad to see it go.  Also picked up a store order of Funhouses and Barrel Escapes.  One of each brings them to $27 a piece with the $15 off $60.

• Like 1