What Lego set did you buy today?

for my son.

PotC Queen Anne's Revenge Ship (set 4195) for $165 shipped.  only missing 2 stickers that i can get through one of my friends.

i could have cracked opened one of my sealed QARs but I just couldn't.  "the brickpicker force" in me wouldn't allow it. 

so i'll sell this used (no box) set down the road for hopefully a 25% profit.

• Like 2

for my son.

PotC Queen Anne's Revenge Ship (set 4195) for $165 shipped.  only missing 2 stickers that i can get through one of my friends.

i could have cracked opened one of my sealed QARs but I just couldn't.  "the brickpicker force" in me wouldn't allow it. 

Fun build!

for my son.

Awesome!

I finished out my Winter Village Market last night, and really find building to be therapeutic.  I might start buying sets just to build and then turn around and sell them (no room to display them).  Cheaper than therapy!

Fun build!

yeah, the black pearl's build was alright. once i starting building the masts and added the sails, it became totally fun.  FYI... another set i had plenty of  sealed but couldn't crack one open. 

anyway, the QAR's build should be interesting especially since i can compare it to the BP's.

I bought a LR Silver Mine Shootout at 50% off. I know it's likely not going to be a good performer, but all the tan and grey slopes in there are perfect for MOC building. I was debating buying all of them, but told myself that 70% off is tomorrow, and I should wait until then.

Also found the City Fire Helicopter plunked in with the regular city stuff, even though it scanned as a clearance item. And one more Kraang's Target Practice Poly hanging on the pegs at the front store that wouldn't ring up since all those leftovers went to goodwill last week. They gave me the poly for $0.99.

60053 logging truck x5 for $11.86/each (44% off).

I used the TRU 15% off coupon, and also had $50 in rewards coupons. Five separate transactions with $10 worth of rewards coupons and the 15% coupon on each one brought them down to $11.86/ each after tax.

Nice grab on a recent release - will you flip or save?

Nice grab on recent release - will you flip or save?

I am a long term kind of guy, but if the price is right next Christmas I won't mind letting them go at that time. I love the city sets that are "uncommon" and don't get remade every other year. My all time favorite that I had great success with was 3222, helicopter and limousine. Walmart exclusive for $30 retail. Smallish size box for easy shipping. I haven't checked it lately but when I sold the last of mine last year I got between $80-$90/each for them. the city theme is "boring" to a lot of investors, but if you can pick out a few diamonds in the rough there is some good money to be made.

• Like 1

Barnes & Noble

• Jabba's Sail Barge 75020 $75 (40% off w/ Kid's club)
  • Triceratops Trapper 5885 $45 (10% off w/ BN membership)
  • T-Rex Hunter 5886 $63 (10% off w/ BN membership)

I picked up the two Dinosaur sets @ 10% because I wasn't sure if I could make it back for another Kid's club run.  Besides, I'd rather use that discount on one of the remaining SW sets they have.

Target

• Fire Emergency 60003 x2 @$20 each.  They wouldn't let me price match to the $7.50 Kmart which is OOS, but manager took it down from $40 to $20 so I bought two (they had four).

Barnes & Noble

I picked up the two Dinosaur sets @ 10% because I wasn't sure if I could make it back for another Kid's club run.  Besides, I'd rather use that discount on one of the remaining SW sets they have.

Target

• Fire Emergency 60003 x2 @$20 each.  They wouldn't let me price match to the $7.50 Kmart which is OOS, but manager took it down from $40 to $20 so I bought two (they had four).

Those are definitely some nice finds...

In the last 48 hours......

(1) LR Silver Mine 30% off

(1) Sith Furry-Class Intercepter 30% off

(1) Uruk-hai army 40% off

(1) Unexpected Gathering 40% off

(1) Seaside House 40% off

(2) Jabba's Palace 40% off

(1) Artic Batman vs Mr Freeze at MSRP (for my daughter to build, she likes Batman)

Was a good 48 hours I think......but now I'm tapped out.....NO MORE CASH!!!! :frantics:

Barnes & Noble

Target

Nice haul. I am surprised that target matched the 60003 for you. I tried to do that last week and they wouldn't do it because they "don't consider Kmart a competitor". those were the manager's exact words. My Kmart had two that they matched the $15 online price though.

Nice haul. I am surprised that target matched the 60003 for you. I tried to do that last week and they wouldn't do it because they "don't consider Kmart a competitor". those were the manager's exact words. My Kmart had two that they matched the $15 online price though.

The Targets in my area haven't budged on LEGO prices.  No clearance whatsoever.  I was glad to score these at a significant % under MSRP.  My son loves fire trucks so that's mostly a personal haul.

I didn't even know about the Dinosaur sets until I stumbled upon them at BN.  I figured I better swoop them up in case another picker is lurking in the woods.  Always neat to find old, retired sets on a store shelf. 

BN has a couple Atlantis sets too.  Should I pounce?

The Targets in my area haven't budged on LEGO prices.  No clearance whatsoever.  I was glad to score these at a significant % under MSRP.  My son loves fire trucks so that's mostly a personal haul.

I didn't even know about the Dinosaur sets until I stumbled upon them at BN.  I figured I better swoop them up in case another picker is lurking in the woods.  Always neat to find old, retired sets on a store shelf. 

BN has a couple Atlantis sets too.  Should I pounce?

Only if they are discounted significantly, which I doubt since it is at BN. This theme has been gone from retail for quite some time. The only place you might find some is at BN because they seldom run huge clearance to move slow sellers. Atlantis (and Pharoh's Quest) were complete flops from an investing standpoint, and I have seen both themes still at my BN, still at retail. If you want it for personal use then by all means go after it. If it isn't on sale though you can probably get them cheaper off of eBay for below msrp.

24x16x6 Boxes, 20x12x6 boxes, 1800 square feet of packing paper, all from staples.  Remember everyone, $20 off of office supply orders over $75 from Staples.

Oh, and for Lego.  My amazon.com WH deals came in.  I bought the trains for 125, came in beat up, good thing I was planning on adding them to my train collection.  Also, one tower of Orthanc, came in decent shape, decent buy for 161.

24x16x6 Boxes, 20x12x6 boxes, 1800 square feet of packing paper, all from staples.  Remember everyone, $20 off of office supply orders over $75 from Staples.

Oh, and for Lego.  My amazon.com WH deals came in.  I bought the trains for 125, came in beat up, good thing I was planning on adding them to my train collection.  Also, one tower of Orthanc, came in decent shape, decent buy for 161.

How do you get the $20 off $75? Is it in store only? Just added $75+ worth of boxes to cart online and didn't have $20 come off. Free shipping though so still seems like the best option for getting boxes? Checked uline site earlier. Put in 1 bundle of smaller boxes for $15 and shipping was also about $15.

How do you get the $20 off $75? Is it in store only? Just added $75+ worth of boxes to cart online and didn't have $20 come off. Free shipping though so still seems like the best option for getting boxes? Checked uline site earlier. Put in 1 bundle of smaller boxes for $15 and shipping was also about $15.

The coupon code is 53992.  Just search "Staples coupons" and there are a couple of sites which provide the different codes.  That is currently the best coupon.

• Like 2