What Lego set did you buy today?

legodog

did you order them all separate or grouped ? I ordered the batcave and two minifigures and the boxes were 4 times too big

I ordered them all separate. Each box was 1 Batcave and 2 minifigs. Some boxes were a good fit but others were huge. I guess it all depends on what the person packing them picks. I think I just got lucky this time as I have had a lot of things shipped from TRU before that were damaged. I actually have a bunch of Cavalry Builder pancakes sitting on my desk to return yet.

brought 10 x 71006 today at different lego stores. going to hold on to this for awhile.

Just curious why you bought 10 of these right now to hold on to for a while? That is $2000 you could have invested on retiring sets that would make you a profit quicker. You might now be sitting on that $2000 for the next couple years earning nothing. Unless maybe you are going to flip them?

Hey fellow brick maniacs

TRU has a deal right now that if you spend over 75$ you get 20$ off your order plus free shipping over 49$. Considering if I placed separate orders, I could get this off each set I buy. I was thinking of bundling these as a "Mine" package. With Gold Mining shows on TV becoming so popular, I would think this would be a very cool package or at least valuable as far as the popularity of the mining shows.

I would like to know if a few sets are worth buying?

1. The Mine # 4204. 109$ 89$ from 109$
  2. Mines of Minora #9473 79$ from 99$
  3. Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout #79110. 79$ from 99$

I know the others will fair well down the road, but #79110 seems risky since the Lone Ranger sets didn't do too well. Brickpicker has these sets on a descent but it hasn't been updated since Nov last year.

Thoughts? Thx!

• Like 1

Just curious why you bought 10 of these right now to hold on to for a while? That is $2000 you could have invested on retiring sets that would make you a profit quicker. You might now be sitting on that $2000 for the next couple years earning nothing. Unless maybe you are going to flip them?

8 of them are for friends in HK. 2 of them are actually mine for holding onto. maybe I will flip one, and build one.

Earning nothing? Hardly. These sets will appreciate nicely over 2-3 years. Just like stock investing, not everyone is a short term speculator. 

Hey fellow brick maniacs

TRU has a deal right now that if you spend over 75$ you get 20$ off your order plus free shipping over 49$. Considering if I placed separate orders, I could get this off each set I buy. I was thinking of bundling these as a "Mine" package. With Gold Mining shows on TV becoming so popular, I would think this would be a very cool package or at least valuable as far as the popularity of the mining shows.

I would like to know if a few sets are worth buying?

1. The Mine # 4204. 109$ 89$ from 109$
  2. Mines of Minora #9473 79$ from 99$
  3. Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout #79110. 79$ from 99$

I know the others will fair well down the road, but #79110 seems risky since the Lone Ranger sets didn't do too well. Brickpicker has these sets on a descent but it hasn't been updated since Nov last year.

Thoughts? Thx!

1. $89 isn't really that great of a deal on this set. That is less than 11% off. I would try to get this one cheaper.

2. Again I think $79 is too expensive for this set. You may have missed the boat on getting this one cheap.

3. This isn't even moving at around $45 so I would stay away from this one unless you can get it 50% off or more.

ummmmmmmmmmm I don't think they will be appreciating much while they are in stock.

My point exactly. These are going to be worth $200 or less for the next 2 or 3 years. If you spend that $200 on something that is on its way out you will start earning money faster. Lets say over the next 2-3 years you can get back $250 for each of your 10 $200 investments. That is $2500. You can then spend that $2500 and get 12 Simpsons Houses instead just as they are on the way out. It's all about timing. Why tie up $2000 for the next few years when you can buy these on the way out and make other investments in the meantime. Us more experienced investors are just trying to offer some assistance to the newbies is all.

• Like 1