What Lego set did you buy today?

Hey fellow brick maniacs

TRU has a deal right now that if you spend over 75$ you get 20$ off your order plus free shipping over 49$. Considering if I placed separate orders, I could get this off each set I buy. I was thinking of bundling these as a "Mine" package. With Gold Mining shows on TV becoming so popular, I would think this would be a very cool package or at least valuable as far as the popularity of the mining shows.

I would like to know if a few sets are worth buying?

1. The Mine # 4204. 109$ 89$ from 109$
  2. Mines of Minora #9473 79$ from 99$
  3. Lone Ranger Silver Mine Shootout #79110. 79$ from 99$

I know the others will fair well down the road, but #79110 seems risky since the Lone Ranger sets didn't do too well. Brickpicker has these sets on a descent but it hasn't been updated since Nov last year.

Thoughts? Thx!

You might want to begin reviewing the Daily Deals forum.  There are several discussions each day on items just like what you listed above.

My point exactly. These are going to be worth $200 or less for the next 2 or 3 years. If you spend that $200 on something that is on its way out you will start earning money faster. Lets say over the next 2-3 years you can get back $250 for each of your 10 $200 investments. That is $2500. You can then spend that $2500 and get 12 Simpsons Houses instead just as they are on the way out. It's all about timing. Why tie up $2000 for the next few years when you can but these on the way out and make other investments in the meantime. Us more experienced investors are just trying to offer some assistance to the newbies is all.

That's why I didn't pick up any Simpsons houses right now.  I don't have a desire to try to quick flip them.  And why bother with something that will be in stock for awhile.

ummmmmmmmmmm I don't think they will be appreciating much while they are in stock.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I do. I see ebay sales above existing retail all the time. Plus there is the danger that this set sells through the roof and then you can't find any more. And if you ship internationally you can sell them to places that don't have good access to the set. How many people got caught trying to load up on Zombies only to be SOL when EOL hit earlier than expected.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I do. I see ebay sales above existing retail all the time. Plus there is the danger that this set sells through the roof and then you can't find any more. And if you ship internationally you can sell them to places that don't have good access to the set. How many people got caught trying to load up on Zombies only to be SOL when EOL hit earlier than expected.

fair enough......good luck to whoever tries this strategy. Like you said the zombies set caught many off guard. I do think those sets are few and far between though.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I do. I see ebay sales above existing retail all the time. Plus there is the danger that this set sells through the roof and then you can't find any more. And if you ship internationally you can sell them to places that don't have good access to the set. 

Sure, you can flip them. That is not what he said in his initial post and that is why I questioned it. He said he was going to hold on to them for a while. Sounded like a long term investment which didn't seem like the smartest move.

Sure, you can flip them. That is not what he said in his initial post and that is why I questioned it. He said he was going to hold on to them for a while. Sounded like a long term investment which didn't seem like the smartest move.

I generally agree on average sets, but other considerations can apply for unique and rare sets like this. I will likely get at least one set as soon as possible and then gradually add to my position over time, just as I would with my stocks.

I generally agree on average sets, but other considerations can apply for unique and rare sets like this. I will likely get at least one set as soon as possible and then gradually add to my position over time, just as I would with my stocks.

I think most people would say this is a reasonable strategy but I don't think anyone would agree with the original statement, which was that 10 were purchased with the intent of holding long term.

I think most people would say this is a reasonable strategy but I don't think anyone would agree with the original statement, which was that 10 were purchased with the intent of holding long term.

If I was going to do that strategy with any set it would be this one though. Seems most likely of any set to repeat the zombies sellout. I get it is all I'm saying. 

1. $89 isn't really that great of a deal on this set. That is less than 11% off. I would try to get this one cheaper.

2. Again I think $79 is too expensive for this set. You may have missed the boat on getting this one cheap.

3. This isn't even moving at around $45 so I would stay away from this one unless you can get it 50% off or more.

Thanks! Kind of new to the flipping/investing brix. For me, I really just enjoy legos regardless, so buying a set for me at a savings is moot, however getting into good business skills is a strategy I am a just learning when it comes to bricks/sets. I enjoy the wealth of knowledge on here. Anyone know where/how to find The Mine cheaper? :)

did not buy any set. BUT took my kids to the Lego store. They have a promotion that if you make a creation out of the lego movie bricks provided, you will get a Lego movie polybag. Cool polybag with a sticker sheet, keychain (benny on one side and good/bad cop on the other side), and bricks to build mini ice cream truck and mini trash chomper. 2 in 1 sets. You can build 4 mini sets with it (if you have two).

Toys-R-Us did a online price match on my phone.......

Walmart down the street had the Batcave's for $49......and it showed on my Walmart app......I showed it to them and they did a price match......

TRU wanted $89.99 for the Batcave and I got it for the Walmart price of $49.....4 of them.....

• Like 1