What Lego set did you buy today?

So what was the final outcome and resolution?  Did the police take away your drop shipped Lego set?  and did eBay/Paypal hold your funding while under investigation?

Strangely, everybody I contacted did absolutely nothing...cops couldn't do anything because the CC holder who was scammed was in another state (Kansas)...I think they were really just verifying that I had nothing to do with the fraud and that it was all up to Kansas to handle now (I never heard from anyone).  Local cops asked me to print out a few things about the order and that was it...I kept the Legos.  I called my CC company to see if they could do anything to intervene (i.e. cancel the payment) but they couldn't do anything...I think they might have escalated it on their end but they couldn't credit me back or stop the payment as it had already gone through.  The worst though was eBay--they didn't seem to care at all about the scam and I was shocked.  I explained the whole situation (after confirming with Walmart-who was already aware of the stolen CC used to ship goods to me) and fully expected eBay to take some official statement or have me fill out some forms to take immediate action, but all they asked was for me to go eBay and click the "report the seller" link.  This guy still had active listings to further scam people and they didn't take any immediate action...unbelievable...  

A Maersk Ship for myself. Already built and displayed :D.

Funny how everyone waiting to enter the store almost ran towards the Parisian Restaurant and I was the only one actually going for the ship lol

Nice, wish the wife would let me do that. She loves lego so long as Lego continues to pay for her car. I only have a Queen Anne's Revenge displayed and that's in a room she never goes into.

Weirdest thing...about a half hour ago I went into walmart and found a Ninjago 2260 Ice Dragon sitting on the shelf.  A little banged up, but totally sealed.  Rang up full price ($19.97).  Gonna throw it on ebay tonight...

Over the last week or so:

2X Stagecoach escape (paid about $33.00 each at a local mom and pop, but these were literally the last two in town)

4x Lex Power Armor (20% off at Target)

1x Coast Guard Plane (must have been a Christmas return, as these have been dried up a while around here)

1x Friends Camper Van (30% off at Target)

-Jeff

• Like 1

Had an interesting stop today.  Hit up a Walmart on the other side of town that usually has a few clearance items.  Found a Helm's Deep for $89.  So I'm thinking "Awesome, score one for me".  Pick it up, and I can tell it's a box of loose pieces.  Check out the seals, yep, 2 missing and the flap has been glued.  I tell the toy lady that the box needs taken off the floor as it's been tampered with.  So that sucked.

Then I find an on sale Constitution Train that I was able to snag for $75 w/ tax.  So that helped a bit. 

Nice, wish the wife would let me do that. She loves lego so long as Lego continues to pay for her car. I only have a Queen Anne's Revenge displayed and that's in a room she never goes into.

Is this Maersk Ship set going to be collectable? I was stunned by this when I saw it available on Lego.com. I am typically only a Star Wars/Super Heroes set collector.

My finds this week. 2 - Luke Landspeeders won on auction on Ebay. Took advantage of the Buy 1 get 40% off on Toys R Us site over the last few days and got Palpatines Arrest along and Millenium Falcon + X-Wing. Won a Superheroes Iron Man #4529 + 4 others in auction on Ebay.

Happy New Years Bricking!

Ok - new here but have reacquired the bug from my childhood days.  Here is my first purchase:

31000 Creator Mini speeders on closeout for $3.14 each total w/tax (10 of those)

31001 Creator Mini skyflyers on closeout same price (8 of those)

41020 Friends Hedgehog Hideaway on closeout for $2.64 (just 1)

small numbers but according to the dashboard I have a 160% increase!  WOOT WOOT!

• Like 1