Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:

shanghai gone from lego uk. not even on the site?

They'll keep bringing it back just as they are doing with Las Vegas. Retiring soon is just a ploy to get people to buy more of what's not selling well at that time. As soon as people buy buy buy they just extent the product and they will more than likely retire with the others at Christmas. Unfortunately by that time to many buyers have bought in bulk and Lego wins again. 

Also funny that promobricks had certain sets not in production anymore and every single one have come back and is being produced more. They also told people way back that Saturn was being retired not long after it was out.  Very dodgy site.  

9 minutes ago, raulaco said:

They'll keep bringing it back just as they are doing with Las Vegas. Retiring soon is just a ploy to get people to buy more of what's not selling well at that time. As soon as people buy buy buy they just extent the product and they will more than likely retire with the others at Christmas. Unfortunately by that time to many buyers have bought in bulk and Lego wins again. 

Also funny that promobricks had certain sets not in production anymore and every single one have come back and is being produced more. They also told people way back that Saturn was being retired not long after it was out.  Very dodgy site.  

Lego, of course, are free to do what they want and they are simply producing more of which are good sellers. We all now know that anything can get extended or brought back at any time without warning, we just have to be good at guessing and take advantage of the TOOS and Sold Out windows. The big issue is being faced with possible returns if sold on business accounts so I'm not greedy and happy to sell at RRP if there's still a good profit in it. I don't think it's dodgy at all, just business and they could kill off resellers just like that if they really wanted to. Those that don't like the current strategy will just have to adapt and/or diversify into totally different products.

4 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

promobrciks reporting the beetle is done. get it while you can (if you are getting it)

Thanks joneyyy1981.   On the promobricks EOL page does the red dot mean they think those sets have stopped production?   I think so but I'm not quite sure.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

promobrciks reporting the beetle is done. get it while you can (if you are getting it)

Promobricks info is so unreliable.  How many sets have they reported on being done and yet they all come back. Vegas is one of them, clearly Lego have done another run since they said and it will probably come back. Harry potter sets, great hall and patronum among others have gone out of stock and come back. Lego keep changing there mind which is up to them but why report this when so much had been wrong. 

11 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Promobricks info is so unreliable.  How many sets have they reported on being done and yet they all come back. Vegas is one of them, clearly Lego have done another run since they said and it will probably come back. Harry potter sets, great hall and patronum among others have gone out of stock and come back. Lego keep changing there mind which is up to them but why report this when so much had been wrong. 

they run retiring sets anything upto jan the next year. they aren't changing there mind just because its now marked as retiring don't mean production of any said set has stopped yet.

36 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

they run retiring sets anything upto jan the next year. they aren't changing there mind just because its now marked as retiring don't mean production of any said set has stopped yet.

Huh that's what there exactly saying, production of the sets mentioned have stopped. 

What I mean is that they have been wrong many times as of late so I wouldn't trust them this time round.  

Edited by raulaco

26 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Sources differ.

I have a source telling me it's going, another one is saying it's staying. 

I don't care, Ideas is suddenly not as interesting anymore, except for QFFLs.

Think it's best to just wait untill they stick the tag on certain sets this year. Even then it's still anyone's guess. Some ideas sets were like gold but like you say that ship has certainly sailed now. Best looking for the hidden gems if you decide to continue with investing. 

7 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Huh that's what there exactly saying, production of the sets mentioned have stopped. 

What I mean is that they have been wrong many times as of late so I wouldn't trust them this time round.  

i was referring to lego changing there mind, not promobricks saying it has now stopped production.

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

Retirement has always been speculation more than hard facts...it's a soft list which should be treated as yet another tool for investors/collectors. By the time it's fact...it's also too late.

I appreciate the rumors and subsequent discussions.  This thread is one of my favorites and has been very informational for me.

• Like 8