Retiring Soon - open speculation

8 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

They don't have public shareholders. We don't know what kind of private shareholders they have.

It’s owned by the Kristiansen family as it always has been. If you want to get into the minutiae of which family member owns what percentage you can speculate away. The point is, it’s a privately owned family business and doesn’t have shareholders in the way that he meant in his post. 

35 minutes ago, dmind said:

Seen it at several multinationals. Record high financial results and following lay-offs is not uncommon. Shareholders want to keep seeing record high financial results. 

Go figure :)

Sure there are loads of companies like that (looking at you, Salesforce!)

But layoffs of that magnitude usually don’t go unnoticed. Google Lego layoffs for a few examples.

Edited by Kekskrabbe

10 hours ago, raulaco said:

Stonewars still hasn't updated there site regarding retiring sets and yet they state they do it as soon as its been verified, in fact the guy said it was being updated days ago especially regarding harry potter sets but still nothing has happened.

So according to them the great hall is going and so it the knight bus and the rest of the sets. People will still be buying them as resellers if they check nowhere else and go by them. To be honest I think its lazy and defiantly misleading people people atm. They need to sort it out asap but clearly don't care 

How can they update GH and NB, when they are shown as going and they are going?

22 minutes ago, thebrickdad said:

How can they update GH and NB, when they are shown as going and they are going?

Nothing harry potter related it seems is going now. Sounds to me like re selling is well and truly over if the rumours are true about certain things. 

Best to unload what you have now before Christmas. 

• Haha 1

The sky is falling!

Most Lego purchasers have 0 idea of what sets Lego is reproducing/re-releasing. The hardcore collectors - who keep sets sealed - will always desire the “1st run”. Look at the “first run” Taj Mahal. New release had very little effect on value.

If you can’t deal with the unknown and potential re-releasing, get out and find another brand to resell.

Any “popular” sets will always sell well at Christmas, whether or not they are retiring.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redcell said:
12 hours ago, raulaco said:
Nothing harry potter related it seems is going now. Sounds to me like re selling is well and truly over if the rumours are true about certain things. 
Best to unload what you have now before Christmas. 

LOL. Is it really surprising that things aren't going to go as expected in what has otherwise been an entirely predictable year in which there have been no surprises or unexpected turns of events for anyone anywhere in the world???

Your hilarious another snarky comment. I'm done with brickpicker fed up with all the people like you. I understand now why many of the old time greats have left. 

4 hours ago, raulaco said:

Your hilarious another snarky comment. I'm done with brickpicker fed up with all the people like you. I understand now why many of the old time greats have left. 

Just curious where do they go?  Still find this place to be the most informative but maybe I am missing somewhere....

32 minutes ago, Sozial said:

A proposito, cosa facevamo noi ragazzi quando gli elenchi EOL non erano pubblicamente disponibili? Il cielo cadeva continuamente per noi e l'unico salvatore era Emazers?

I miss emazer

32 minutes ago, Sozial said:

A proposito, cosa facevamo noi ragazzi quando gli elenchi EOL non erano pubblicamente disponibili? Il cielo cadeva continuamente per noi e l'unico salvatore era Emazers?

I miss emazer

RE: Harry Potter Great Hall and Whomping Willow, I had figured that LEGO wouldn't retire any of the "connecting" castle sets until they've had a chance to release everything that connected.  So pushing back the retirement date makes me really hope there's another castle piece coming.