Retiring Soon - open speculation

Surprised about 10263. I know it was slated to retire this year, but I figured there would be more supply before the holiday season. Of course, if it wasn't a great seller, I guess production would go toward other sets. I was kind of hoping this would get the train station treatment and get discounted at least 20% by Amazon/Target. Maybe that will still happen, but I am getting antsy knowing I still need to pick this one up for my mom's village setup. 

12 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

Surprised about 10263. I know it was slated to retire this year, but I figured there would be more supply before the holiday season. Of course, if it wasn't a great seller, I guess production would go toward other sets. I was kind of hoping this would get the train station treatment and get discounted at least 20% by Amazon/Target. Maybe that will still happen, but I am getting antsy knowing I still need to pick this one up for my mom's village setup. 

Edited by joneyyy1981

1 hour ago, Ogelwoc said:

Bespin is now back on back order.
Just surprised if Tree House is done now, probably another round before it’s done.

Honestly I wouldn't pick up the tree house no way. If Lego are re releasing idea sets after retirement nothing is safe. Retiring tags are completely irrelevant, it's a new era of saying f u to investors. 

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn't pick up the tree house no way. If Lego are re releasing idea sets after retirement nothing is safe. Retiring tags are completely irrelevant, it's a new era of saying f u to investors. 

I was wondering what you’re talking about until I read the Saturn threads. That’s a bummer. There’s always opportunities I would say, it’s about how long to hold, what profit one looking for.
Thing with Treehouse is it’s almost never in stock. So even to load up at RRP is a challenge. I’m saying specific for Canada, maybe availability better elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

I was wondering what you’re talking about until I read the Saturn threads. That’s a bummer. There’s always opportunities I would say, it’s about how long to hold, what profit one looking for.
Thing with Treehouse is it’s almost never in stock. So even to load up at RRP is a challenge. I’m saying specific for Canada, maybe availability better elsewhere.

I guess a lot of Resellers will now start to only flipping Sets...the ones that didnt already. So every Release is becoming a even bigger scalping Event...nice going Lego

some things to consider before everyone finds the nearest bridge to throw there stock from.

1. they cannot re release sets permanently, they can't keep up with idea's theme as it is. 

2. how long will the creator release be? stonewars says the duration of 2021, so maybe a 1 year release then gone again this is not the end of the world, people or collectors may still want the original over the re-release.

3. at some point the sets will retire, it just becomes even more important for set selection & buy in & maybe a longer waiting game. but they have to leave eventually.

4. this will spook the reseller market without question, especially people starting out, which is not a bad thing as its becoming a bit of a bandwagon, people in it for the long term will just adapt & evolve, we have seen it before with Taj etc just not as shotgun speed like this, so the aftermarket for Taj will be interesting.

5. is it exclusive to the Ideas theme, Idea > creator? as someone who goes deep on ideas sets myself this is a problem, but if it is only aimed at the ideas theme the damage is limited.

if legosteve is correct and we are looking at 5 sets per year from sets less than 1 year EOL retired across multiple themes randomly, it will become extremely difficult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think the sets are getting re-released as part of creator expert branding, must be some other line, see below extract of an interview with Jamie Berard in a recent blocks magazine where he says creator expert is going, hence why I think VW Beetle / T1 are also going (who knows about there re-release lol)

For UK readers, I would recommend the readily app, a netflix for magazines, read as many magazines as you want for £8 a month, blocks magazine is included.

Screenshot_20200918-132610_Readly.jpg

The two sets are being re-launched due to popular demand, and as they had already left the market, we could not keep the original numbers.  The agreements with the Fan Designers remain unchanged.

Also: one of the new set numbers matches a fan designer’s birthday. They were both very involved in the process. 

Just now, benjamin4172 said:

The two sets are being re-launched due to popular demand, and as they had already left the market, we could not keep the original numbers.  The agreements with the Fan Designers remain unchanged.

Also: one of the new set numbers matches a fan designer’s birthday. They were both very involved in the process. 

Official Statement of the Lego Ambasador Network, published by Stonewars, just a few minutes ago

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-ideas-neuauflagen-erscheinen/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benjamin4172 said:

popular demand. lol 

lego is done.

1 hour ago, brickohaulic said:

From a reselling standpoint, a big wildcard is Amazon. They are staying in stock and have a lock on the buy box for much longer periods these days, making the only viable option ebay or other sites to sell. 

weird how Amazon prices are trumping Bricklink as the "go to" price guide 

its interesting that consumer perception on RRP (or the "regular price") is warped by Amazon (much like how peoples views are being warped by biased new)

cyberspace and social media has superseded "real life"...or is that even a thing anymore because its all blended?

Stonewars still hasn't updated there site regarding retiring sets and yet they state they do it as soon as its been verified, in fact the guy said it was being updated days ago especially regarding harry potter sets but still nothing has happened.

So according to them the great hall is going and so it the knight bus and the rest of the sets. People will still be buying them as resellers if they check nowhere else and go by them. To be honest I think its lazy and defiantly misleading people people atm. They need to sort it out asap but clearly don't care 

2 hours ago, raulaco said:

Stonewars still hasn't updated there site regarding retiring sets and yet they state they do it as soon as its been verified, in fact the guy said it was being updated days ago especially regarding harry potter sets but still nothing has happened.

So according to them the great hall is going and so it the knight bus and the rest of the sets. People will still be buying them as resellers if they check nowhere else and go by them. To be honest I think its lazy and defiantly misleading people people atm. They need to sort it out asap but clearly don't care 

Seriously, stonewars is providing data/information as they have it, they owe you and us nothing.  Generally their lists are over 95% accurate, without sites like Stonewars and BP you'd most likely be flying blind. Be grateful for the data you are getting for free and stop complaining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

Seriously, stonewars is providing data/information as they have it, they owe you and us nothing.  Generally their lists are over 95% accurate, without sites like Stonewars and BP you'd most likely be flying blind. Be grateful for the data you are getting for free and stop complaining.

Technically they do owe me as I always buy my sets through there referral links earning them money when I could go elsewhere. I'm not apologising for wanting accurate info that's already out there. I'm annoyed they haven't bothered updating there site and I have a right to be.