Retiring Soon - open speculation

diner has been clipping £160-£170 for months at points & its not even retired, buy in at £100+ is a no-brainer for me. i don't get the fascination with amazon rank at its constantly well over RRP in the uk but if it works for you, it works.

if its not £200+ this time next year ill eat a tin of black olives.

and i Hate black olives.

3 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

diner has been clipping £160-£170 for months at points & its not even retired, buy in at £100+ is a no-brainer for me. i don't get the fascination with amazon rank at its constantly well over RRP in the uk but if it works for you, it works.

if its not £200+ this time next year ill eat a tin of black olives.

and i Hate black olives.

Dude how do you keep getting more diners lol. Limit 5 on John Lewis do you create different accounts with new memberships or something to get the codes to work. I only get 2 of the codes, the 15 and 20 off?

Edited by raulaco

Serious question, what is so attractive about buying the Diner for resell? That set is ranked at over 1000 on Amazon and there really is no discount. There are other sets that have a better ranking and are discounted. I'm not trying to beat up on the people who are stacking the Diner. If that's what you like and are happy with then god bless! Isn't it the goal of a reseller to get to the finish line ie. The sale of a set the quickest way possible? Is the Diner the quickest way?
It isn't a Pet Shop.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, coelian said:

Slave 1 20th Anniversary now had a retiring soon tag, I believe it wasn't there previously. 

I have seen it there for a while I think but its now back in stock. These seem to have been lingering around for a while now, imo I don't think its a good buy defiantly not at retail. 

6 hours ago, coelian said:

I'm not picking them up at retail as well, there are still a few big retailers here with stock. If they have a 30% off in the run up to Christmas or during blakc friday then I will hit. 

50 percent for me on that one I think, I doubt it will ever get there though. In other news Lego looks like there starting to reduce a few sets by 15 percent on there site, nothing great but it's a start lol. 

2 minutes ago, benjamin4172 said:

According to some Sources here in Germany three Harry Potter Sets, that were considered EOL will still be produced: Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Knight Bus. No specific Source just rumours, but rumours you usually dont hear in that way. Just wanted to let you all know...so take it or leave it.

Not stopping me from acquiring these sets, actually even hogwarts express is getting hard to find. 

1 hour ago, benjamin4172 said:

According to some Sources here in Germany three Harry Potter Sets, that were considered EOL will still be produced: Great Hall, Whomping Willow, Knight Bus. No specific Source just rumours, but rumours you usually dont hear in that way. Just wanted to let you all know...so take it or leave it.

My local LEGO Store has marked down basically everything retiring, and saying once they are gone they are not getting more.

Great Hall, Willow, and Knight Bus are all staying in stock. The only HP set they discounted and said was definitely going was Beauxbatons’ Carriage: Arrival at Hogwarts. Not that I expect all of the other sets will hang around for ever, but I suspect they will be in production/avail through the holiday season, whatever that is worth.

Regardless, they will be solid investments regardless.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, coelian said:

Between the 3 Ideas sets that might retire, I would put Flintstones at the lowest priority. Treehouse and Steamboat Willie are likely to have higher potential in that order.

Totally agree, but the other two are never in stock or at a discount. At least, I can get Flintstones at 20% off

Edited by Deingesicht

7 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

so back to the great hall. 

promobricks saying this..

The LEGO Harry Potter set 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall will no longer be produced, so as soon as the current stocks are gone, there will be no more supplies for the trade! 

The frustrating thing is that these sites seem to leave it a while before updating. You have quite a few sources now saying that the majority of harry potter sets aren't going and yet no-one is coming out to confirm or deny this. Promobricks like you said the other day had stated that the great hall isn't being produced anymore? This does seem like terrible information at the moment especially for those investing and doing it for more than just a hobby. How can they come out with that and then people say the next day it's a load of rubbish. I'm sorry but if the Harry potter sets have been moved back untill next year promo bricks especially should think twice before giving false info especially on when sets aren't being made anymore. Rant over lol

38 minutes ago, Deingesicht said:

Totally agree, but the other two are never in stock or at a discount. At least, I can get Flintstones at 20% off

No point buying at a discount if you can't sell it, I believe many were stuck with exo-suit.

1 minute ago, raulaco said:

The frustrating thing is that these sites seem to leave it a while before updating. You have quite a few sources now saying that the majority of harry potter sets aren't going and yet no-one is coming out to confirm or deny this. Promobricks like you said the other day had stated that the great hall isn't being produced anymore? This does seem like terrible information at the moment especially for those investing and doing it for more than just a hobby. How can they come out with that and then people say the next day it's a load of rubbish. I'm sorry but if the Harry potter sets have been moved back untill next year promo bricks especially should think twice before giving false info especially on when sets aren't being made anymore. Rant over lol

No one claims that the list is set in stone, use it as a guide and like all investments you need to dydd. I think they are just trying to provide the best information that they have.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Deingesicht said:

3 minutes ago, raulaco said:

i get what you mean, but i haven't seen anywhere yet (reliable) saying its not going?

promobricks (i'm not sure how reliable they are) are going 1 step further saying production has stopped, others its just going EOL.

promobricks gonna look a little silly if this doesn't go, or am i lost in google translation?