Retiring Soon - open speculation

4 minutes ago, BorderTerrier said:

I don't take anything seriously, it's called having a sense of humour. Once I get up to speed (which I will and I don't just sell Lego), £10 profit on 25-50 items a week, doesn't sound bad, does it? Put it this way, I'm already having to pay extra tax!

I've never seen a forum filled with so much jealousy and oneupmanship, give me as much ribbing as you want, this is hilarious!

I don't get into slanging matches if comments get out of hand, so let's get back on topic please 😉

mate. what you earn is your business. i hope you earn a million per week, I don't care, just stop with the secret society act, people in high places blah blah & trying to impress everyone with your part time returns.

Edited by joneyyy1981
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

mate. what you earn is your business. i hope you earn a million per week, I don't care, just stop with the secret society act, people in high places blah blah & trying to impress everyone with your part time returns.

Says the one who posted a photo of all those Diners. Remember I didn't have to tell you via PM where those LVs were for sale. I call it being helpful. Even stating my returns (due to poor handling and shipping) is of help, or certainly should be. 

Mods... Please delete the last 7 posts including this one.

Joney... Let's take this offline please and use PM.

2 hours ago, redcell said:
3 hours ago, raulaco said:
I highly doubt he knows anymore than the rest of us. Nobody knows what will happen to sets unless your high up in the Lego group. Also don't trust what people say here, most of them just see us as competitors and will give false advise. I've seen it time and time again  

Believe me or don't, I don't care, but I'm not sure why you think I would lie about this. What would I stand to gain by doing that?

Yer I don't believe you at all, you are not high up in the lego company so you cannot know this.

On another note lets for fun see what you would have to gain by telling people it's not going this year lol. Ok lets say it goes this year and you tell people it's not going but you know it is, oh does that mean you gain from having less competitors? Look I'm not saying your doing this but I have no idea who you are and misleading people has become quite common on the internet. 

I will say this again nobody except the really high up members of the lego group know which set is going or coming, they are heavily guarded secrets. These people wont be posting on brickpicker or any other forums as it wouldn't be worth there time to do so.

Yes people may have contacts about what can be ordered at certain times throughout the year but this is completely irrelevant. I can get the same info off stonewars, even then though this info can be unreliable. The lego group are unpredictable and can change what they want when they want and to believe anyone on this forum or others about retirement dates etc is just foolish imo.

I admit I have fallen in this trap of believing members before with certain info, I just hope others can avoid this.

What's my opinion on the central perk set, of course I have no idea. No one on the forum can say it's defiantly retiring or its defiantly staying.  Wait for the tags to appear on the lego site and then you have a reliable ish source that's its going.

10 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Yer I don't believe you at all, you are not high up in the lego company so you cannot know this.

On another note lets for fun see what you would have to gain by telling people it's not going this year lol. Ok lets say it goes this year and you tell people it's not going but you know it is, oh does that mean you gain from having less competitors? Look I'm not saying your doing this but I have no idea who you are and misleading people has become quite common on the internet. 

I will say this again nobody except the really high up members of the lego group know which set is going or coming, they are heavily guarded secrets. These people wont be posting on brickpicker or any other forums as it wouldn't be worth there time to do so.

Yes people may have contacts about what can be ordered at certain times throughout the year but this is completely irrelevant. I can get the same info off stonewars, even then though this info can be unreliable. The lego group are unpredictable and can change what they want when they want and to believe anyone on this forum or others about retirement dates etc is just foolish imo.

I admit I have fallen in this trap of believing members before with certain info, I just hope others can avoid this.

What's my opinion on the central perk set, of course I have no idea. No one on the forum can say it's defiantly retiring or its defiantly staying.  Wait for the tags to appear on the lego site and then you have a reliable ish source that's its going.

Unfortunately your argument is flawed. If the only people you will believe regarding lego EOL dates is lego, then we might aswell shut down brickpicker.

There are people here who have some more info / data than the average Joe, its not always correct, but it does provide some hints / tips.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Unfortunately your argument is flawed. If the only people you will believe regarding lego EOL dates is lego, then we might as well shut down brickpicker.

There are people here who have some more info / data than the average Joe, its not always correct, but it does provide some hints / tips.

yep. there are some great people here as well all know Val-E (hope he ok as he missing) elmaslıefendi (although we don't see eye to eye, he has good info , legosteve when he pops up is cool among others.

iv learned you just need to take certain pieces of info and piece them together, trust who you wanna trust, and call bollox on others who join spamming the forum with useless wisdom.

the liars get bored & disappear eventually....

take  BorderTerrier who been here for a week & thinks everyone should trust him "Don't hold me to it, but my "intel" on the Beetle and T1 differs to consensus" or you believe  promobricks who is donkeys years old lego blog who reporting beatle has stopped production.

believe who you want to... i know who i believe.

Edited by joneyyy1981

Val-e (assuming it's the same one that I first met elsewhere) is fine, and is keeping the select few well informed and entertained, with great words of wisdom and advice.

Rather than swinging your handbags at dawn, just absorb what information you can from the comments, do your own additional research, place your bets and..... be nice! Remember, we're also likely to be each others' customer.

6 minutes ago, BorderTerrier said:

Val-e (assuming it's the same one that I first met elsewhere) is fine

so a person who you have never come across on the forum, separated by literally months of him going missing & you joining. you know they are fine? how?

is val in the secret funny farm retirement gang as well?

Just now, joneyyy1981 said:

so a person who you have never come across on the forum, separated by literally months of him going missing & you joining. you know they are fine? how?

is val in the secret funny farm retirement gang as well?

Before I joined here as a bone fide member, I spent several months snooping around as a guest and several familiar IDs that I've seen elsewhere popped up, some of which I stalk on Brickset, eBay, Amazon, etc. to see what they're up to. Some are even part of my offline trading network (not only Lego). I'll let Val-e address any questions from this point forward as I will not share further information about others. Before you ask..... No, I didn't attend a secret ritual, wear a cloak, do a stupid dance or learn a funny handshake.

8 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Lurk More

I know y'all are trying to get me to crack, but there's nothing to crack over. In time, you'll eventually realise that the witch hunt was utterly pointless. Even if Joneyyy1981 was Tabby, TabbyBoy or Tabby Boy, whatever..... I frankly don't care. You spend too much time looking for something you may never find and, from what I'm reading, may not be worth finding anyway. On eBay TabbyToys says that they've had nothing to do with BrickPicker, the wife's name is Tabitha who I spoke to on the phone the second time and she used to deal a lot with old toys, which will account for the eBay ID. As a matter of interest is your Tabby fugitive a boy or a girl, do you have a first name? Just wondering.

Lurk more? I always do and it's surprising what you can find out as a guest and when reading between the lines.

What exactly did this Tabby person do that was so bad? Was somebody here ripped off, kidnapped or even murdered? Or, were they just an annoying and nasty troll?

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 15.48.47.png

OMG pls stop.  It's geographically impossible an island your size is large enough to fit two of you.

Lurking for months and now suddenly 15+ daily me-centric posts with the constant eye winks, speaking in absolutes, doomsday scenarios, and 'secret' connections.

Can we just get this over with and have you guarantee crypto will outperform LEGO in 2021?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, carini26 said:

OMG pls stop.  It's geographically impossible an island your size is large enough to fit two of you.

Lurking for months and now suddenly 15+ daily me-centric posts with the constant eye winks, speaking in absolutes, doomsday scenarios, and 'secret' connections.

Can we just get this over with and have you guarantee crypto will outperform LEGO in 2021?

Two of us? Who's the other? I only ask as it can't be Tabby as he/she is supposedly gone from here.

I've already asked the mods to delete posts related to this witch hunt. I know what crypto is and would never have anything to do with it. I didn't start this and I'm the first one that wants this to stop, trust me. Don't you all have better things to do?

Mods.... Wake up! 😉

17AF0DB1-9601-4F88-9277-B50B101FC3EC.jpeg

It's nice to have members who actually share what info they have. IMO, Constantly Razzing fellow members will slow the sharing flow. Members earn their trust and those words hold weight. It would be nice to have the member who stated SaturnV and Ninjago city returning was  still talking about things but as they had no rep and what they were saying sounded quite troll, they were scared off maybe. I hope the badgering of some doesn't scare off others.  This is one of the best communities on the net I've found so far.  Parent style rant over:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, raulaco said:

If you don't believe me and think I'm trying to game the competition, then it seems like the smart thing to do would be to buy as many Central Perks as you can afford.  Why don't you do that and see how well it works out for you.

And, for the record, you really don't know what you're talking about so you should stop pretending like you do.

• Like 2

Central Perk is around next year from what I've learnt. My source: 4 x SaH phone calls with 4 different operators. The ones that don't tell you usually say 'I don't have that information'. It makes sense as it's one of Lego's best sellers. I'd be very surprised to see it go. 

I'm more interested in knowing the fate of Harry Potter train, but that's been bugging me for months. Personally I think Lego haven't decided themselves yet, or only just recently. 

• Like 1

Well this has been an entertaining read! 😁 Surely sharing tips would encourage others on the forum to do the same? Therefore, creating an advantageous investing community, which is what probably draws people to such sites anyway? I don’t believe the competition is that fierce that the buying habits influenced by posts on this forum would negatively affect sales down the line, literally because of the 1000,s of buyers available. That being said, whether people post either opinions, genuine tips or just rubbish. All contribution makes a great read (y) 😁.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Central Perk is around next year from what I've learnt. My source: 4 x SaH phone calls with 4 different operators. The ones that don't tell you usually say 'I don't have that information'. It makes sense as it's one of Lego's best sellers. I'd be very surprised to see it go. 

I'm more interested in knowing the fate of Harry Potter train, but that's been bugging me for months. Personally I think Lego haven't decided themselves yet, or only just recently. 

CP is on John Lewis' wholesale list for Q4 2020 and Q1 2021. I've not seen it, I was told when asked. The HP train is an odd one and I've no idea about that, sorry. Perhaps IDEAS sets are on different lists? With the HP train, just get aboard when the price is right, <£50 for me.

3 hours ago, BorderTerrier said:

Before you ask..... No, I didn't attend a secret ritual, wear a cloak, do a stupid dance or learn a funny handshake.

You just lost all of your credibility :P

2 hours ago, BorderTerrier said:

I've already asked the mods to delete posts related to this witch hunt.

You have not been on this forum long enough, have you? :drag: