Retiring Soon - open speculation

On 10/23/2020 at 9:44 AM, coelian said:

Is the rrp in russia much higher than elsewhere? I see a lot of minifig sellers on bricklink who seem to be able to price very competitively.

In many cases, especially with exclusives, the RRP is higher than in the West or the United States. But there are exceptions, judging by the Bricklink. Yesterday I bought 42082 sets at a price of$ 100, and in January 70840 were purchased at $ 165.

On 10/26/2020 at 12:16 PM, ravel said:

In many cases, especially with exclusives, the RRP is higher than in the West or the United States. But there are exceptions, judging by the Bricklink. Yesterday I bought 42082 sets at a price of$ 100, and in January 70840 were purchased at $ 165.

Those are very good prices for the crane and apocalypseburg! 

54 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Do you know something we don't?

elmasliefendi is usually spot on. But I've seen time and time again they'll post a piece of info, get slammed for said opinion ("who's your source?", "no that's stupid. you're wrong.", etc.), and then stay quiet... and then when that information becomes true, everyone is dumbfounded and says "huh? what? X/Y/Z site had/did not have it on such and such list! this makes no sense." (I'm over-generalizing here.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2020 at 10:14 AM, elmaslıefendi said:

Restock is very possible, just letting you guys know...

Restock? Is this set even going to retire now or is it being pushed to a later date? Seems to be very popular so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back, might be so popular though due to hoarders. 

On 10/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, joneyyy1981 said:

lol ffs never like it in the uk £75 here... as many as you like

Same.  I can get a ton of sets here, but I haven't found an economical way to get them back to the States.  I can get Diners (10260) delivered to my door for $155 all day long.  Just can't get 'em back to the US.

2 hours ago, raulaco said:

Restock? Is this set even going to retire now or is it being pushed to a later date? Seems to be very popular so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back, might be so popular though due to hoarders. 

exactly, i really wonder if this would even be oos in usa without the mad frenzy every time it come back into stock. There must have been at least 20 restocks at amazon/wm over the last month. Plus. doesnt the USA retire sets well after europe usually?

19 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

exactly, i really wonder if this would even be oos in usa without the mad frenzy every time it come back into stock. There must have been at least 20 restocks at amazon/wm over the last month. Plus. doesnt the USA retire sets well after europe usually?

Yes USA normally retire sets after Europe. I just see alot of changes happening in the upcoming month regarding the eol sets. There's been many restocks of this in the UK among other sets on the lists. I don't believe sets will just leave quietly leave like alot of people thought, the Lego group seem to be producing and extending as many sets as possible which is fair enough as they clearly see if there is such demand for these sets then why retire them at all, especially before Christmas. Just my thoughts so don't shoot me down for my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Yes USA normally retire sets after Europe. I just see alot of changes happening in the upcoming month regarding the eol sets. There's been many restocks of this in the UK among other sets on the lists. I don't believe sets will just leave quietly leave like alot of people thought, the Lego group seem to be producing and extending as many sets as possible which is fair enough as they clearly see if there is such demand for these sets then why retire them at all, especially before Christmas. Just my thoughts so don't shoot me down for my opinion. 

Treehouse had the same exact pattern. everyone was buying em out when the little stock that was avail came online. Then, boom. 1000+ avail at amazon. WM/BN have too. TH will set on shelves for months now most likely. DD may follow same route.

4 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Treehouse had the same exact pattern. everyone was buying em out when the little stock that was avail came online. Then, boom. 1000+ avail at amazon. WM/BN have too. TH will set on shelves for months now most likely. DD may follow same route.

The Diner being listed as flat "Sold Out" on LEGO Euro vs. the Treehouse being available makes me feel a little better about the Diner's prospects.

Jesse