Retiring Soon - open speculation

9 minutes ago, donbee said:

I think you used too much logic there Val. Needs a little more truthiness if He thinks Aragog can hit $45+ before they re-make/release it.
Or he’s not good at math.

Speculate.

FG has been in the game long enough to know his market so if it´s a winner there then good for him. In Europe it is still easy to find and will be a marker for HP EOL appreciation. Also, many Euro Timmy and Timettas are scared of spiders and how many parents are gonna buy something to scare their kids?

I forgot the bus, which is the only sub 50 set I would take on but it has to be half price.

Hagrid´s Hut is my winner from the lot.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

George is right in regards to 75950 in the Oz market. Our buy-in was around $12 AUD ($23 RRP). Set is on the cusp of $40 AUD at the moment.

Personally Minecraft is my constant performer, Sparkle babies were never released here, so also a decent flip if you get a decent price off BL.

8 hours ago, Val-E said:

FG has been in the game long enough to know his market so if it´s a winner there then good for him. In Europe it is still easy to find and will be a marker for HP EOL appreciation. Also, many Euro Timmy and Timettas are scared of spiders and how many parents are gonna buy something to scare their kids?

I forgot the bus, which is the only sub 50 set I would take on but it has to be half price.

Well the spider argument does not count, see 9470 for reference.

I actually got none of the little spider, but just because I was too greedy with the buyin.

10 hours ago, Val-E said:

If the LEGO put some "rails" into HP Express Train then I could see that as a solid investment - maybe not gaining much but never ever falling below (whatever it would be) original purchase price. You simply do not get it.. why not even 3 pcs of rails.. ??

For me, my Harry Potter money has gone into 75956. I believe that we will see a surprise retirement of that set soon, maybe as early as March. Amazon and Walmart are already both sold out of them and Amazon doesn't have it listed as more on the way or anything. I think this set will be last years Minecraft sets 21144 and 21146.

For me, my Harry Potter money has gone into 75956. I believe that we will see a surprise retirement of that set soon, maybe as early as March. Amazon and Walmart are already both sold out of them and Amazon doesn't have it listed as more on the way or anything. I think this set will be last years Minecraft sets 21144 and 21146.
Isn't that set is a target exclusive in the USA?

2 minutes ago, pharmjod said:
6 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Isn't that set is a target exclusive in the USA?

yes sir 

George is right in regards to 75950 in the Oz market. Our buy-in was around $12 AUD ($23 RRP). Set is on the cusp of $40 AUD at the moment.

Personally Minecraft is my constant performer, Sparkle babies were never released here, so also a decent flip if you get a decent price off BL.

Seriously? I need get on the Oz market. Still available at RRP here.