Retiring Soon - open speculation

The argument is always shipping. Here it's 5€ for a 2kg, 6€ for a 5kg, 8,50€ for a 10kg package, so it doesn't really matter. You can ship the biggest set for 8,50€, the smallest set for 5€. In the US things may be different.
The hardest part for me about small sets is pushing volume, I'd rather double my money on one big exclusive rather than tripling it with 10 sales. Not worth the hassle & time is money.

I’d rather send in a bunch of smaller sets FBA, that are not likely to get returned, easy to pack a bunch in 1 box, and let the money flow in. Just my opinion and it works for me.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cladner said:

yes - please listen.  best leave the game of high risk battlepack investment to the professionals.  cough (75134).   i repeat.  cough (75165). 

do not try this at home.  belch (75078).

stay the frank away from battlepacks .  meow. (75089).

Cash Cats gif 

From the sets you mentioned just 75089 has made it over retail here. That's the case with almost every clone trooper set.

27 minutes ago, House Schubert said:

Someone heard that someone said that they heard from a lego store employee that assembly square was retiring in 2019. 

Anyone care to soundly refute that rumor?

I wouldn't be surprise if they did the same as the Mini Cooper. They just let stock run down at full retail price until it was gone. No 20-30% off last kick. Just faded away.

Right now it's the only Modular Building I'm missing; I just want it for a decent discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, House Schubert said:

Someone heard that someone said that they heard from a lego store employee that assembly square was retiring in 2019. 

Is calling that BS a sound enough refute?

One set that seems not to be retiring after all is Minecraft 21143. I believe it got extended.

3 hours ago, House Schubert said:

We have signage here that it's having another run in stores - our major stores are all getting another batch in for January and have been taking preorders. I'd say it'll retire July or Dec 2020 (the latter being more likely).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

I'm sure that there won't be another modular double retirement until we've had another year of none retiring (as when PS was extended). Otherwise, they won't have as many as they would like on sale.

Square ass should be done in 2020 and the Diner seems to sell well so I can see the garage retiring before it does, probably 2021.

On 12/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, Voltron86 said:

Went to lego shop today and they had the overwatch 75974 bastion marked as "last chance to buy", dont recall any big overwatch sets on the retiring list.

20191224_153207.jpg

You can't put much on that.  Their inventory goes so quick at some store stat they are constantly shuffling sets around as they sell out and try to fill the voids.  I lot of the time those tags are just there from whatever occupied that spot earlier. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

Bollocks. I missed Parisian Restaurant being about to retire. 

Any chance of a reappearance at Lego.com?

Will need to pop in and see if the local toy shop still has it.

That thing was on every single retiring-list the past 3 years, how would you miss that?

It can still pop up, sure. It popped up once on SAH EU -> gone within 15 minutes.

I'd search elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

That thing was on every single retiring-list the past 3 years, how would you miss that?

It can still pop up, sure. It popped up once on SAH EU -> gone within 15 minutes.

I'd search elsewhere.

? I guess it's more that I've missed getting around to actually buying it with one thing and another!