Retiring Soon - open speculation

You are assuming everyone buying at $150-$200 are newby investors. Investors aren't what has kept that set in production for nearly 7 years.

And I assumed the poster that talked about clicking the buy button at LEGO was referring its reappearance today for $112 limit 20 at LEGO shop at home. But I could be totally wrong there. I missed the conversation where folks were being encouraged to buy to buy at MSRP for investment.

• Like 1

Which is funny given all the talking you’re doing in opposition to the general consensus. 
You must have me confused with someone else since I rarely post here. Also, I didn't know there was a BP concensus that the Parisian Restaurant was a failure as an investment. I guess that depends on how long you've been holding them. I only recently bought some on sale. I guess if you've had them for 5-7 years you might feel differently.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

You are assuming everyone buying at $150-$200 are newby investors. Investors aren't what has kept that set in production for nearly 7 years.

Our discussion doesn't have anything to do with anything retiring soon, so let's just cut it. You're right, many people also missed out on it, many of them buy right now. Of course. That's the case with every set. This set for the reasons you mentioned (popularity, modular etc.) also is a classic investors set. Pair that with the insane price spike and you get a mixed demand. Just watching eBay also helps, a whole lot of people buy 3 at a time, easy to spot.

I didn't mean to spread negativity, just had to answer donbees unnecessary comment, not the first time.

1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Do I have to mention the word "personally" in that sentence? 

People like you p*ss me off. I'm curious do you have too much time or do you enjoy this?

Love that comment...

"People like you p*ss me off. I'm curious do you have too much time or do you enjoy this?"

Can't agree more.

Don't be put off by Brick Trollers. And thanks for sharing your opinion. 

• Like 1

Btw
I’m an afol
I don’t have any PR.
Now you know one.

I get it. My response was dripping with sarcasm. But was it full of false logic?
My argument, though written in poor taste, was much more logical than “don’t buy it because I don’t know anyone who doesn’t have it already.”

OP. You can take his advice, or you can take mine. My advice, his advice was poor. Wasn’t really relevant either, unless you live across the pond.

If you want some better advice PM me. I’ll give you some, and then you can decide.

I wouldn't say since the beginning. I think every modular did well as a big set except for PC, PS & PR, which are all around the 200 mark. And even these could double your money if your buy-in was 30% off.

This is more logical. And yes the sale the OP was talking about was for 30%.