Retiring Soon - open speculation

11 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

Bollocks. I missed Parisian Restaurant being about to retire. 

Any chance of a reappearance at Lego.com?

Will need to pop in and see if the local toy shop still has it.

If you can still get one at RRP you could make an instant 40% ROI flip. I'm watching carefully the "rollercoaster" on ebay, BB & DO went as high as £230-240 last Jan / Feb then dropped back down a bit to stabilise.

I check daily Lego UK but nothing, if its not back by end of this week I think its gone for good. 

13 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

It was on sale for so long, and so obviously going to retire, that at no time did I think it would do this well post retirement. Oh well...

I was expecting it to be more like Palace Cinema. I don't think any modulars will do as badly as Pet Shop, because they aren't as small and ugly as that set.

I think I've not been paying enough attention! I saw it go down on J Lewis but it sold out quickly.

3 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

I think I've not been paying enough attention! I saw it go down on J Lewis but it sold out quickly.

Yes, it was easy to miss what with it being the longest ever produced modular! However, there must be a lot more peope like you for the price to spike so soon.

• Haha 1

What are people thinking around the Carousel? Lovely set. Fancy one for me, but also worth a second?

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes, it was easy to miss what with it being the longest ever produced modular! However, there must be a lot more peope like you for the price to spike so soon.

I think it's because there is so much Lego now that it is easy to miss things, especially if you don't have stacks of cash and/or space!

21 minutes ago, Lego Benito said:

What are people thinking around the Carousel? Lovely set. Fancy one for me, but also worth a second?

I think it's because there is so much Lego now that it is easy to miss things, especially if you don't have stacks of cash and/or space!

Carousel - if you can still get these at RRP then Definetly jump in with as many as you can find. These have also gone up to £180 on ebay and have some more to go yet I think.

On 12/24/2019 at 11:36 AM, Voltron86 said:

Went to lego shop today and they had the overwatch 75974 bastion marked as "last chance to buy", dont recall any big overwatch sets on the retiring list.

20191224_153207.jpg

walmart is clearancing this set for $25 around me. 

also there are zero overwatch sets in the 2020 first quarter catalog.

maybe this theme is dunzo though brickset has 6 sets coming out this year so probably not.

i'm sure someone must know something...

cool i got to post on page 666 of the retiring soon open speculation thread.  :devil:  :rock:

Edited by cladner

walmart is clearancing this set for $25 around me. 
also there are zero overwatch sets in the 2020 first quarter catalog.
maybe this theme is dunzo.
i'm sure someone must know something...
cool i got post on page 666.  :devil:

Worth it for $25? I’ve seen a couple - but they are selling. Was thinking to wait for next markdown - hopefully soon.

16 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

How long do people think the Stranger Things set has left? I want it, but cant afford it right now.

Too much Lego.

Need that Ideas Tree House, as well! ?

Too much Lego? Your mindset is wrong, man. There is only too little Lego. Money wise, if you still have your kidneys and a roof over your head, you still have options. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Legojona said:

Too much Lego? Your mindset is wrong, man. There is only too little Lego. Money wise, if you still have your kidneys and a roof over your head, you still have options. :D

I'm at the point where I have more LEGO than clothing in my closet. All the space under my desk - used. Even the small shelf above my desk is packed to the max. Main storage already maxed out. You CAN have too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I'm at the point where I have more LEGO than clothing in my closet. All the space under my desk - used. Even the small shelf above my desk is packed to the max. Main storage already maxed out. You CAN have too much.

Nah, you just don't have enough storage space.  ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thebrickdad said:

See him on HUKD from time to time.. As pointed as ever. Always great entertainment.

Saw him on HUKD before Xmas under "Scabby Tabby", didn't last long over there again! ?

2 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Just your "Mankini" in your closet these days??

2 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

my loft is full, my garage is full. i'm more worried about summer tho, my house goes like a sauna... not good for the seals?