Retiring Soon - open speculation

Source: My a**

This is the most accurate thing you've said.

Yes it's a possibility. Anything is possible with Lego. If you are so deep on these that is stressing you out this much, perhaps you need to find a new investment vehicle. Pun intended. Regardless, please just stop. It's embarrassing.

16 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

This is the most accurate thing you've said.

Yes it's a possibility. Anything is possible with Lego. If you are so deep on these that is stressing you out this much, perhaps you need to find a new investment vehicle. Pun intended. Regardless, please just stop. It's embarrassing.

the remake is not the problem i have. its the amount this is hoarded.

the remake is not the problem i have. its the amount this is hoarded.
If it doesn't get remade the amount hoarded is less of a concern. Also, assuming for a second the conjecture of a reissued set under the creator theme is accurate (I don't believe it is), the new one will likely be more expensive. Given the past sales available on the current set it shouldn't be that hard to at the very least break even or make a little bit back if your buy in was $84ish.

It just seems like an awful lot of hand wringing.

15 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

If it doesn't get remade the amount hoarded is less of a concern. Also, assuming for a second the conjecture of a reissued set under the creator theme is accurate (I don't believe it is), the new one will likely be more expensive. Given the past sales available on the current set it shouldn't be that hard to at the very least break even or make a little bit back if your buy in was $84ish.

It just seems like an awful lot of hand wringing.

There was also a first round of conspiracy theories that it was retiring end of 2017 and then 2018, so  a number of people panic bought in at full RRP.

If you’re uncomfortable with your stock of inventory, unload your position until you reach an inventory level you’re comfortable with losing if LEGO screws everyone over. I reduced my position from around 10% of my total stock’s cost to less than 5%, it’s not hard if you bought well below RRP. No loss. Used the cash to invest in other sets.

Now, if you bought your stock of inventory at or near RRP...well, that’s just dandy. Good luck with that.

If I can have a penny for every comment like ‘why did or didn’t I buy this or that back then’.  Well the answer is very simple you are not rich enough to get a time machine. Otherwise you will know exactly what and how much to buy.

All investments have risk. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This is not an easy game. You are not going to earn any significant amount of money if you can’t afford to take on a few stinkers. 

Edited by allen9917
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, allen9917 said:

Yes but everyone and their dogs think the same. That thing have been discounted in the $40-$50 range since June/July and a lot resellers have stocked up. Feel free to join the herd LOL. 

Just cause I like it doesn't mean I stocked up on it! ? I have two - probably gifts for the nephews. I got stung once with helicopters and I'm not doing that again!

1 hour ago, allen9917 said:

Yes but everyone and their dogs think the same. That thing have been discounted in the $40-$50 range since June/July and a lot resellers have stocked up. Feel free to join the herd LOL. 

You could say that about most popular sets/themes. But, yet people make a living reselling Lego. Weird how it works. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

very true. if you get spooked by what people say on here. forget it.

i didn't get enough Indoraptor & T-rex in my opinion.

Dont do it.....i'm sitting on too many Indominus Rexs.  Trying to get £300+ but no-one biting.

Edited by MoHu