Retiring Soon - open speculation

33 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I think people under estimate how well this is going to do. There were a billion of these made but the demand for this  set is equally as great. We may think 50, 100, 400 of this set is a lot but they are selling 1000's of these a day.

"...they are selling 1000's of these a day." -> ...but maybe to the wrong people which is why some folks have their doubts about this set.

• Like 1

Winter Holiday Train 10254 marked as Retired Product on US SAH.  Apologies if I missed somebody else announcing that a few pages back.  Still available for $99.95 on Wally and Bezos

Saturn V has popped back up as available.

Oh, and the hospital is OOS C2C

Edited by hockeyweasel
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Winter Holiday Train 10254 marked as Retired Product on US SAH.  Apologies if I missed somebody else announcing that a few pages back.  Still available for $99.95 on Wally and Bezos

Saturn V has popped back up as available.

Oh, and the hospital is OOS C2C

I've got a bad feeling that Saturn isn't retiring this year, at least another year might be on the cards :(

9 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

serious question guys,

if you have something shortlisted, and it all of a sudden goes Retired, or you had no time to get in at discount, will you buy at RRP or just move on?

I got a lot of trains at a discount. May grab a couple here at rrp. I love the set. You can always use some cc points to ease the hit

19 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

serious question guys,

if you have something shortlisted, and it all of a sudden goes Retired, or you had no time to get in at discount, will you buy at RRP or just move on?

99% of time I move on.  But I am limited to platforms competing against large % of sellers who have no idea what they're doing.

serious question guys,
The sets I've done this with tend to be short-runs that are still on store shelves at RRP (or WM 20% off RRP), but are showing signs of rapid appreciation online. MC Skeleton Attack ($32 buy-in) and Jr. SH 10724 ($16.xx buy-in) come to mind. There's something satisfying about going to multiple stores with stocked shelves and doing RRP arm sweeps:)

28 minutes ago, FM said:
1 hour ago, joneyyy1981 said:
serious question guys,

The sets I've done this with tend to be short-runs that are still on store shelves at RRP (or WM 20% off RRP), but are showing signs of rapid appreciation online. MC Skeleton Attack ($32 buy-in) and Jr. SH 10724 ($16.xx buy-in) come to mind. There's something satisfying about going to multiple stores with stocked shelves and doing RRP arm sweeps:)

I bought the Mickey & Minnie Brickheadz at RRP (€9,99 a piece) and wished I had arm swept them! :P