Retiring Soon - open speculation

grrr.. how does one go about getting in touch with the admins how to update that "sticky list" Even the author - the brick fan - concluded that the list has not been complete (aka missing Jurassic set and a few others).. I think it would be great if someone could update that. Now it gives a false impression like THIS IS IT.. 

3 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Imagine Assembly Square leaving us. 

Not too unrealistic right now. If so, lucky for everyone who bought them, that'll be an insane jump.

im quite curious .. on which basis do you make your assumption that it would be an insane / instant ? jump.. its still a pretty large, heavy and at least 180-200 USD buy-in set.. The Brick Bank was cheaper, easily to pack and ship and I wouldnt say that it made like three times revenue. I have to admit that the visual art of the boxes is quite comparable and complimenting each other.

2 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

im quite curious .. on which basis do you make your assumption that it would be an insane / instant ? jump.. its still a pretty large, heavy and at least 180-200 USD buy-in set.. The Brick Bank was cheaper, easily to pack and ship and I wouldnt say that it made like three times revenue. I have to admit that the visual art of the boxes is quite comparable and complimenting each other.

4k pieces, it would follow the BB route; just higher numbers. 400 would be peak 1-2 months after EOL, IF it'd happen.

This is bad for me, I really needed that 10243 EOL.

• Thanks 1

On the Costco Canada website, we have the Diner at $60 off... had me wondering if it's possible that could retire early too. I was wondering if it's possible 2 modulars would go again, and we'd actually get 2 more next year (a new release in January and a vault set like Café Corner or Green Grocer). I still think Parisian Restaurant is going... but possibly the Diner or Assembly Square with it. Any thoughts on that idea?

I don't care what goes as long PR goes.

LEGO doesn't give 2 fucks about collectors anymore, if the word collector is even usable with all this overproduction.

How is one going to collect modulars if they retire them randomly? Doesn't it make sense to at least care a tiny bit and not to piss off the customers?

Dangerous!

Edited by elmaslıefendi