Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 minutes ago, Yellow Castle said:

I think as it is in initial retiring list it may not be a great seller (for TLG).After retirement who knows?

I believe 3 sets per shipping carton.

I think anything is possible really. The hope for me would be that if it was a poor seller initially, that it had a minimal amount of sets made.

The Capital is on the list too, and that wasn't a poor seller from what I understand.

15 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I think anything is possible really. The hope for me would be that if it was a poor seller initially, that it had a minimal amount of sets made.

The Capital is on the list too, and that wasn't a poor seller from what I understand.

The webmaster is doing it alphabetically.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, marcandre said:

BB & DO have done quite well, esp with all the discounts at the end. Sets that last 5+ years are a def no buy for me too though.

What if it's popularity & good design balance it out? Palace Cinema & Pet Shop made it to 200€ here in Germany, I don't think they are comparable to PR.

But we'll see I guess.

4 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

What if it's popularity & good design balance it out? Palace Cinema & Pet Shop made it to 200€ here in Germany, I don't think they are comparable to PR.

But we'll see I guess.

The PR happens to be one of the best designs from the modulars, also has a lot of good pieces.

And who cares if PR has been out long and saturated the market. There will always be a new generation of modular lovers, and there will always be new whales wanting older sets to complete their collection.

In other words, there will always be a market for modulars...and trains, and big boats...

The investment value is greater than stocks, if you can manage the inventory, and deal with the wait.

Edited by dx0520

4 minutes ago, dx0520 said:

And who cares if PR has been out long and saturated the market. There will always be a new generation of modular lovers, and there will always be new whales wanting older sets to complete their collection.

In other words, there will always be a market for modulars...and trains, and big boats...

The investment value is greater than stocks, if you can manage the inventory, and deal with the wait.

Buy in versus hold time. Even if you have unlimited capital. why put $100+ into a set that it takes you 5 years to turn a decent profit on after fees/taxes? I can flip 5 $20 sets for a much higher ROI, much faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's been said multiple times on here but just keeping big boxes from getting damaged is more difficult...  Amazon has deemed a greater % of my sets as "unfulfillable" this year than ever before.  I had a few Millenium Falcons, Pet shops, and Tumblers sent home in crushed boxes - this dissuades me from investing in modulars and other large box sets as much as any other factor.

Edited by beatpoppa
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Buy in versus hold time. Even if you have unlimited capital. why put $100+ into a set that it takes you 5 years to turn a decent profit on after fees/taxes? I can flip 5 $20 sets for a much higher ROI, much faster.

If you’re confident in those $20 sets, go for it. But by every historical metric, I’m sure you’re profitable on some, and have failed miserably on others.

With modulars, trains, and big boats, I can be near 100% certain on ROI.

But it’s not like you need to be one or the other, most people diversify, and/or hedge.

So why are you harping on PR/modular investors?