Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, Sozial said:

It already had an extension, normal life span is 24 month at least in the past if I researched correctly.

Yup, this would be extension 2 so sorry for raising false hope. Onthe other hand some of those 3 in 1s only had 6 month to a year lives so you really can´t tell nowadays.

3 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Quick update:

Disney Castle on Backorder till Nov 15 + SOLD OUT on the DISNEY SITE. 

Never saw it go out of stock there!

I wonder if people still dare to invest in sets as big as this one, where you pay almost 9ct per brick. Anybody here got more than one? 

I will wait buying for personal use for the re-released version that is heavily discounted in a couple of years. :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Legojona said:

I wonder if people still dare to invest in sets as big as this one, where you pay almost 9ct per brick. Anybody here got more than one? 

I will wait buying for personal use for the re-released version that is heavily discounted in a couple of years. :D

None for me...too big, too expensive.

1 hour ago, waddamon said:

I have zero.

i also have zero but i am pretty sure that when this one goes, it will be like original ucs mf and taj mahal rolled up into 1. 

disney collectors are among  the most rabidly price-insensitive of those whom seek gouging by the many faced seller .

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:

If a person is into diversification, it would be silly not to have one or two of these in their portfolio

No, by no means is this "silly". There's no need to diversify into ALL possible directions. Especially when the overall rule is: the higher the RRP, the lower the potential gain percentage.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

21 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

No, by no means is this "silly". There's no need to diversify into ALL possible directions. Especially when the overall rule is: the higher the RRP, the lower the potential gain percentage.

I understand that, but this is one of those sets that had a high potential to do very well if it's not re-released. This set is unlike almost everything released in the last five years. 

The potential market for this goes well beyond Lego. 

35 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

No, by no means is this "silly". There's no need to diversify into ALL possible directions. Especially when the overall rule is: the higher the RRP, the lower the potential gain percentage**.

**except for Minecraft.

The Village :  11 selelrs lowest in stock FBA:  $499.99 - msrp:  $199.99.

The Mountain Cave:  12 sellers lowest in stock FBA: $538.99 - msrp $350 - i picked up a minty bunch from amazon 12/5/2018  for $199.  even better than town hall cagr wise from that price point. 

at this point with this paltry seller count and grossly underestimated interest in minecraft from reseller community, these are professionals and aren't in a hurry to undercut and sell.  these 2 sets will be one of a handful of sets released in the last decade that will make it to $1000 based on how underhoarded they were.  i will be out of the holding game long before then but with this there is little doubt.

if and when the castle goes it will join that club as well just based on love of all things Disney though won't get there as fast because it will more highly hoarded than minecraft inexplicably has been.

Edited by cladner

5 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Village and Cave were legendary. 

I don't think any currently available MC set can do the same. Look at the sets.

I only have a couple Disney Castles, picked them up cheap, I'll let them sit hoping for retirement @ 2020. Probably not gonna risk buying more.

What makes them legendary? Why can't the current sets have the same type of returns? 

38 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

What makes them legendary? Why can't the current sets have the same type of returns? 

Usually when they have noticeably significant appreciation, more people get in next round, thus limiting the return.

Edit: Apparently I forgot how to write?

Edited by spener90