Retiring Soon - open speculation

2 hours ago, blacon said:

HP Grindelwald 75951 discontinued on Target. Thoughts on what that could mean for other HP sets this season? Will we see retirement of most of the 2018 line?

I think speculation has been that 75950, 75951, 75952 are on their way out. They've all been clearance at WM in store in August and have been heavily discounted online at WM, Target, Amazon, since then.

Not sure about other HP sets from 2018 though. Somewhere it was mentioned that 75955 was supposed to go out this year, but has been moved back a year. But, then WOOT just had a sale on those for $49.99 each, so I would think that would indicate that they're leaving sooner rather than later. But, that's just a guess on my part. 

17 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I think speculation has been that 75950, 75951, 75952 are on their way out. They've all been clearance at WM in store in August and have been heavily discounted online at WM, Target, Amazon, since then.

Not sure about other HP sets from 2018 though. Somewhere it was mentioned that 75955 was supposed to go out this year, but has been moved back a year. But, then WOOT just had a sale on those for $49.99 each, so I would think that would indicate that they're leaving sooner rather than later. But, that's just a guess on my part. 

75955 should leave the station this winter.

9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Brexit for Wizarding World sets. Extension for the others.

Lego should make the Harry Potter line the new Star Wars line, and slow down the push of the Star Wars. There are so many sets that they could make into amazing builds. Quidditch World Cup, 4 Private Drive, 12 Grimmauld Place, etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Lego should make the Harry Potter line the new Star Wars line, and slow down the push of the Star Wars. There are so many sets that they could make into amazing builds. Quidditch World Cup, 4 Private Drive, 12 Grimmauld Place, etc.

Disney should first purchase it then. 

• Haha 2

Also what should be noted: this might be pretty much only US retiring list, while EU goes on for another couple of months.. 

9 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Good list. I'm going to put "2019 retirement list" in my own post for search reasons.?

No real surprises, I suppose. But thanks for the very clean and manageable list!

dont thank me.. thank THE BRICK FAN www.thebrickfan.com, its his work.

Edited by crayxlp
missing URL

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Not a bad start but there are some  obvious omissions like JW first wave, Creator Winter train and a whole bunch of City and Star Wars sets.

I thought, this list is already known. Stonewars.de published this list a month ago. Their list also contains JW 2.1 wave sets... and sets, that will (most probably) stay alive.

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-end-of-life-2019/

7 minutes ago, Foxhound said:

I thought, this list is already known. Stonewars.de published this list a month ago. Their list also contains JW 2.1 wave sets... and sets, that will (most probably) stay alive.

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-end-of-life-2019/

Yes but US dates are a bit different. Stuff like Friendship box retired here in the summer, for instance. Put the 2 lists together and you will get about 95% of the picture as neither list is totally complete and has regional variations.

12 minutes ago, Therightbruno said:

Anyone knows what's going to happen with the Architecture Skyline sets? No words on those from no one... Any thoughts?

giphy.gif

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 3

Just now, Therightbruno said:

You're probably right. The ones that retired did so after 2 years. London & NY are here way longer but that's no suprise. I would bet on Shanghai to go first, but probably not this year then

Yes, I expected Shanghai to go this year as Euro sales were really poor. I guess other markets saved it or they felt retiring the 2 Chinese sets would be too much of a Trump move.

NYC and London are on White House style life spans it seems.