Retiring Soon - open speculation

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

One thing to remember s sets like RE were store exclusives and they only tend to produce specific number - in fact usually an over production for TRU.

Retiring HH before Halloween, TH out of turn, Dragon Sanctuary after 6 months when you needed the sanctuary to put all the dragons from the other set are some recent illogical ones that spring to mind. Brickheadz were a law unto themselves with Skellington practically retiring on release and Mickey and Minnie constantly OOS.

The Harry Potter train is neither a D2C nor a poor seller so I am pretty sure it won´t retire this year. It´s an excellent price point as a Xmas gift and won´t be a typical instant remake/rehash Falcon hatchet job.

I remember the Hogwarts train being OOS last year this time (had a friend in LA get one of the last one at the last Target in CA)..ended up being restocked and  everwhere come Dec tho. 

2 minutes ago, superlegolover said:

being "smart"? Nah, if so what's up with the central perk set. QFLL is still having the party

I said they made it hard for QFLL, not impossible.  Or let me put it this way.  In the past the party lasted to Christmas and even beyond (ex: raptor set mentioned above).  I bet this CP party ends around 1st week of December.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I said they made it hard for QFLL, not impossible.  Or let me put it this way.  In the past the party lasted to Christmas and even beyond (ex: raptor set mentioned above).  I bet this CP party ends around 1st week of December.

?

On 10/11/2019 at 2:31 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

Just checked ebay and I see bidding and selling up to $130! Checks LEGO.com, sees $59.99, OUT OF STOCK. I had NO IDEA that people were making money of off this. Why is this such a big deal? Hmm, maybe I will buy one later just in case.

1 hour ago, Saruman said:

Just checked ebay and I see bidding and selling up to $130! Checks LEGO.com, sees $59.99, OUT OF STOCK. I had NO IDEA that people were making money of off this. Why is this such a big deal? Hmm, maybe I will buy one later just in case.

Nice set, high demand, low supply.

Basics.

Once they overproduce this thing again, the price will drop right back 10% under retail.

It'll get interesting if this thing retires unexpectedly. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

There is a thread DEVOTED to this set, perhaps @admin would do the honors...

I would be absolutely shocked if the mentioned set was to retire. Basically a 0.01% shot it does IMO.

But lets get the thread on the right path again. Is the Tower Bridge finally done!?

3 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

I'm sorry, is Central Perk retiring soon? I think you're in the wrong thread boyz ;) 

46 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

There is a thread DEVOTED to this set, perhaps @admin would do the honors...

To be fair, it is marked OOS at S@H.  Anything with OOS sign is fair game in the retiring soon SPECULATION thread.

32 minutes ago, spener90 said:

Basically a 0.01% shot it does IMO.

350.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2