Retiring Soon - open speculation

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

Meanwhile 10880 Juniors T Rex is now OOS at SAH - big Xmas payday for anyone who got that one cheap.

10880 is duplo. 

plenty of my 4 year old customers ready to riot over you telling them they play with baby lego.  juniors is big kids lego.

also says temporarily oos - not call to check but i haven't seen thing anything call to check at us shop at home site except for first celebration this retirement season.

australian shop at home last year foretold the end of mickey, minnie, harry potter brickheadz if you go by that indicator and believe in the australian shop at home site, architecture vegas and nyc skyline have been oos unorderable now going on a few months same as  the bhz last year.  but those all went to sold out.  not seeing anything sold out - just TOOS.

great wall is toos.  us capital has been in and oos in at the moment.  polar igloo is toos - bedrock adventures was a couple of weeks ago but is back atm.  lots of sets that are rumored to be going - santcum, newt's case, ship in a bottle but then there's steam boat willie - wth.

Edited by cladner

15 minutes ago, cladner said:

10880 is duplo. 

plenty of my 4 year old customers ready to riot over you telling them they play with baby lego.  juniors is big kids lego.

also says temporarily oos - not call to check but i haven't seen thing anything call to check at us shop at home site except for first celebration this retirement season.

australian shop at home last year foretold the end of mickey, minnie, harry potter brickheadz if you go by that indicator and believe in the australian shop at home site, architecture vegas and nyc skyline have been oos unorderable now going on a few months same as  the bhz last year.  but those all went to sold out.  not seeing anything sold out - just TOOS.

great wall is toos.  us capital has been in and oos in at the moment.  polar igloo is toos - bedrock adventures was a couple of weeks ago but is back atm.  lots of sets that are rumored to be going - santcum, newt's case, ship in a bottle but then there's steam boat willie - wth.

Assuming that we're not talking about duplo, but actually talking about 10758... It shows "sold out" right now on LEGO Shop at Home, not just TOOS. 

Edited by skinsfan0521

3 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

Assuming that we're not talking about duplo, but actually talking about 10758... It shows "sold out" right now on LEGO Shop at Home, not just TOOS. 

10758 is still available in the EU and is the Juniors Rex. A sure-fire winner and definite EOL this year.

Mine was the Duplo one with less threatening dinosaur.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Val-E said:

10758 is still available in the EU and is the Juniors Rex. A sure-fire winner and definite EOL this year.

Mine was the Duplo one with less threatening dinosaur.

What do you think about 75932 and 75933 (Velociraptor and T-Rex)? More or less, they are only sold at RRP and I'm not quite sure about their post EOL performance, even if I'm able to get them for 20-30% off. I fear, that there is not enough demand, because they are pretty much under the radar, except collectors...

1 minute ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Any thoughts on 75252? It seems unpopular? No comparison to 75192.

We may see a quick retirement end 2020... that's a big set on the shelves not moving (at least that's my impression)

If they´d made a black VIP card on launch things would have been so different.

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Permasale at almost 50% off at Walmart and Amazon. Lego didn't want to hold that crap.

There´ll be money in that set before dinosaurs go extinct.

4 minutes ago, Foxhound said:

What do you think about 75932 and 75933 (Velociraptor and T-Rex)? More or less, they are only sold at RRP and I'm not quite sure about their post EOL performance, even if I'm able to get them for 20-30% off. I fear, that there is not enough demand, because they are pretty much under the radar, except collectors...

Lockwood is probably the best bet for the JW theme as the bigger sets tend to do better. I don´t know too much about the 2 store exclusive sets and whether they will be sought after in the future like RE was. This time round they made too many sets and too many variations on a theme so I stayed away apart from on Lockwood.

6 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Any thoughts on 75252? It seems unpopular? No comparison to 75192.

We may see a quick retirement end 2020... that's a big set on the shelves not moving (at least that's my impression)

Two of my repeat customers both indicated recently they'd love to get the new ISD, but they're still "saving up funds" to buy the UCS MILF!

32 minutes ago, skinsfan0521 said:

let me take u on a trip.  around the world and back.  and you won't even move u just sit still.

https://www.lego.com/en-au

https://www.lego.com/en-dk

https://www.lego.com/en-gb

Edited by cladner
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Lockwood is probably the best bet for the JW theme as the bigger sets tend to do better. I don´t know too much about the 2 store exclusive sets and whether they will be sought after in the future like RE was. This time round they made too many sets and too many variations on a theme so I stayed away apart from on Lockwood.

I think so, too. I also bought smaller JW sets, apart from Lockwood, but only at 50-60% off.

1 minute ago, Foxhound said:

I think so, too. I also bought smaller JW sets, apart from Lockwood, but only at 50-60% off.

That´s the difference between Jw 1.0 and 2.0 The first wave´s flagship set was almost always OOS at SAH and hard to find at discount. RE lasted months. The other sets hung around longer but there were only a handful and less repetition of moulds. This movie round we got 2 waves, D2c´s, store exclusives, juniors, duplo etc not to mention bigger production runs so it will be much harder to turn a profit on them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

That´s the difference between Jw 1.0 and 2.0 The first wave´s flagship set was almost always OOS at SAH and hard to find at discount. RE lasted months. The other sets hung around longer but there were only a handful and less repetition of moulds. This movie round we got 2 waves, D2c´s, store exclusives, juniors, duplo etc not to mention bigger production runs so it will be much harder to turn a profit on them. 

JW wave 2.2 sets will definitely be sitting ducks. I don't see a relation to any movie (maybe in JW 3?) and the cyborg dinosaur flagship set is bs compared 75919 and 75930 :)

75919 featured the Indominus Rex, 75930 featured the Indoraptor, but which movie features this cyber dinosaur? I agree with you, that kids love this stuff, but there has to be a movie, which acts as an additonal 'wanna have' push. Otherwise, I don't consider this as a winner. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's only my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Disney Castle.

Backorder ships November 15...

Doesn't mean anything right? I have a few, everybody says it won't retire this year, so I'm thinking of selling them...

It means 2xVIP and promo sets have suckered peope once again. I think it is done next year or the following.

• Like 2