Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit - general discussion

One theme to rule them all.  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two related themes holds a better value as an investment overall?

• Lord of the Rings
    • The Hobbit

They have not been out even 1 year yet, but definetly the signs have started to appear. Large discounts. Limited availablility. Pirate ship ambush should do the best after EOL.

Don`t know why every seems to hate on the Goblin King. The set itself is an ugly mess, but there are lots of great parts included in this set. Would I buy at full price? Definetly not, but it`s worth considering at 50% or so.

Unexpected Gathering has been out a year and a half, the other two are coming up to a year. Many UK stockists have sold out and most of the others are slashing the prices. While I agree most sets last 18-24 months, it's not uncommon to see sets last no more than a year

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

These sets along with with Goblin King, Wargs, Wizard Battle, Riddles, and Barrel Escape have all started disappearing for me locally as well.  That sometimes happens in a remote country like mine and then retailers get another shipment.  But this time there have been some crazy 50-60% off discounting at a few online stores for very short windows and I was lucky enough to pick a few more of each up.

Could be the last we see of these sets for sure.

Do u think Tower of Orthanc will still hang around despite these lotr and hobbit sets being cleared out?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

yes it will, kind of like the haunted house with the monster fighters theme.  the tower of orthanc pretty much just came out

• Like 2