41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I am not going to defend Mark's actions on the forum. I have dealt with him and he was nice - but his actions are his own and I respect decisions made by the founders of the site. For what its worth, he confirmed to me it was really him posting. However, after seeing what he has said, he probably should have said it was someone else.

Despite all that I am really finding it funny everyone thinks he is freaking out or going to lose all this money. If you take a look at the UK market - looking at auctions, this set is going for over 300GBP and not all to the same Ebay accounts. Thats the equivalent of about 500$ american. Considering Mark bought most of them for less than that, why would he be worried this early in the game? Would I have done that? No. But I also don't have a Ferrari.

And ignoring everyones personal feelings for him, why is everyone seemingly losing hope in this set? It seems to be doing fairly well at the moment. Even if the US prices don't go crazy high, if this disparity remains the same to the UK, it will be easy to sell it internationally and make money. Right?

I

I am not going to defend Mark's actions on the forum. I have dealt with him and he was nice - but his actions are his own and I respect decisions made by the founders of the site. For what its worth, he confirmed to me it was really him posting. However, after seeing what he has said, he probably should have said it was someone else.

Despite all that I am really finding it funny everyone thinks he is freaking out or going to lose all this money. If you take a look at the UK market - looking at auctions, this set is going for over 300GBP and not all to the same Ebay accounts. Thats the equivalent of about 500$ american. Considering Mark bought most of them for less than that, why would he be worried this early in the game? Would I have done that? No. But I also don't have a Ferrari.

And ignoring everyones personal feelings for him, why is everyone seemingly losing hope in this set? It seems to be doing fairly well at the moment. Even if the US prices don't go crazy high, if this disparity remains the same to the UK, it will be easy to sell it internationally and make money. Right?

I

What exactly were the "decisions made by the founders"?

I don't know why you're surprised at people losing faith, this is BP after-all... nothing good every happens and the sky is constantly falling. Or at least that is how the forums generally read.. :sheep:

• Like 1

Didn't mean to get anything off topic - talking about the Lego set more with that post.

I just meant that in response to people saying "why was he banned"?

What exactly were the "decisions made by the founders"?

I don't know why you're surprised at people losing faith, this is BP after-all... nothing good every happens and the sky is constantly falling. Or at least that is how the forums generally read.. :sheep:

Good point - I shouldn't be surprised. lol.

Didn't mean to get anything off topic - talking about the Lego set more with that post.

I just meant that in response to people saying "why was he banned"?

Good point - I shouldn't be surprised. lol.

I didn't mean you or anyone in particular , but this whole thread has been "off topic" since yesterday. Maybe I've just edgy cause I keep getting notifications on the new app just to find some YouTube video posted.lol

Again this is not directed towards anyone.

• Like 1

I didn't mean you or anyone in particular , but this whole thread has been "off topic" since yesterday. Maybe I've just edgy cause I keep getting notifications on the new app just to find some YouTube video posted.lol

Again this is not directed towards anyone.

Lol - I know. I was more saying in general I didn't mean to confuse people. I turned off APP notifications for this reason. lol.

Bottom line is this...Mark or whoever is posting has been prevented from posting once again until they clarify with Jeff and I what his intentions are.  He has had ample opportunity to conduct business in a proper and legit manner, yet chooses to play games.  This recent request only confirms to me that this thread and his participation on this site will be short lived.  

I am going to try and explain this and that is it.  I am not going to go into a discussion about this.  If people can get back to a real discussion on 41999s, then good, we will leave this open for people to truly talk about the Technic 41999 and what they are doing as far as finding them, buying them or selling them.

The whole situation to me is a bit confusing.  This Markr person in a way does not exist and does not participate on this site at all.  It is generally one of his assistants who posts as Mark.  They had the great idea to try and stir things up and make things exciting here (why I have no idea).  The quote in the post yesterday was...

"ill let you all into a little secret into why i have purchased maybe every set that went on sale on ebay and in total 0000's "

So people were waiting to find out why did this person invest in so many of these sets.   After a few hours of waiting to see what this was about, I got a little skeptical and wrote him to say, please let me know what this was about before posting in the forum.  I also locked his account for 24hrs so that it did not make it on here because I had no idea what was coming.  I was just being cautious.  Obviously he didn't like that and was upset, but never checked the real Mark's email account to see my email.  He then created multiple fake accounts this morning and started posting and pretending to be someone else and sticking up for himself.

Anyhow, after a bunch of emails back and forth, the bottom line is that he had a Chinese investor looking for these sets and willing to pay good money for them.  Even if Mark could get 10k for each of them, it would not have added up to his investment in these sets, so honestly I don't really buy this story at all.

No one needs to agree with me about this, but I personally am tired of the games.  If you want to spend a ton of money on the sets, you have every right too and good for you that you can do it.  If you have had good transactions with him, great.  I hope you have many more.  I personally try to protect all the members.  Everyone doesn't need it, but there are new members that don't know as much.  If I have no idea what information or ideas come out of other peoples minds, it may lead new members down a path that may not be smart.  I would have hated to see a new investor that has a few of these sets to open them up looking for the Golden Ticket, but just end up have a set with broken seals etc.  I just wish he could have approached us first or thought about what his goal was before proceeding.

Hopefully this thread can continue in a positive fashion and stay on topic.

• Like 5

Thanks for the clarifications. I'm sure you probably did help plenty of folks who may have started busting open their sets to no avail.

I've been curious myself as to which numbers i have, but not enough to break the seals.

I still have a good feeling about these sets, and am already happy with the price they're up to. Never bad to buy 3 items, sell 2 and be able to keep the 3rd one as pure profit.

Yeah I agree with the actions taken and totally cool with it.

Seriously though - would anyone have really believed him and opened up a set? Your still throwing away probably 100$ at least and more in the future for a chance yours is one of those 5 out of 20000.

Besides the fact that the story sounds like a load of BS. And I had good transactions with him - doesn't mean I even remotely agree with everything he has done. Fine with the ban.

More on point though - does anyone think Lego learned anything serious from the 41999? Will they do it again? Are they mad they have been resold so much?

Yeah I agree with the actions taken and totally cool with it.

Seriously though - would anyone have really believed him and opened up a set? Your still throwing away probably 100$ at least and more in the future for a chance yours is one of those 5 out of 20000.

Besides the fact that the story sounds like a load of BS. And I had good transactions with him - doesn't mean I even remotely agree with everything he has done. Fine with the ban.

More on point though - does anyone think Lego learned anything serious from the 41999? Will they do it again? Are they mad they have been resold so much?

I think Lego has learned a lesson from releasing this set. A lot of investors/resellers/flippers bought this set when they first came out.  I am going to guess that at least 1,000 sets are or were in the hands of an investor at some point. That is at least 5%. Also, I'm sure that Lego got a lot of complaints saying that people weren't able to get the set because there were only 20,000 made. I do not know if Lego will do an exclusive release again, if they do, I will being seeing some :money:

I think Lego has learned a lesson from releasing this set. A lot of investors/resellers/flippers bought this set when they first came out.  I am going to guess that at least 1,000 sets are or were in the hands of an investor at some point. That is at least 5%. Also, I'm sure that Lego got a lot of complaints saying that people weren't able to get the set because there were only 20,000 made. I do not know if Lego will do an exclusive release again, if they do, I will being seeing some :money:

They might just not advertise the actual total amount, so resellers would have to be guessing how truly limited the release is. We shall see what happens with Rover. 1 item limit seems pretty ridiculous, especially since it applies only to US. In other countries the limit is 5.

12345? That's amazing! I have the same combination on my luggage!

Whoa 5 digit luggage lock ? That is pretty rare. They usually come in 3 or 4 digits combo lock

Lol off topic after what ? 1/2 a page ?

On positive note, I do have a new award idea:

Name: Off-topic-er

Purpose: award for people who like to get off topic on BP threads

Symbol: a picture of 41999

• Like 1