41999 - 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition

Rich B

I'm on book 2 of my 41999 Brickpicker build review for this set. It's pretty cool so far and finding it more interesting than the Tumbler built last week.

I have no interest in the tumbler... Though we have most of the other recent DC sets.

I built the MKII this summer and that was hella fun. I think this one will be more fun knowing I can drive it around after!

Step 102... I made a fairly serious mistake with the brush guard that I didn't notice until I was missing one of the angled beams for the wheel wells. Luckily pieces came off fairly easily and in large enough sections and I was able to bend some other beams to make the switch.

Oops... But it does look better with the right ones which are shorter.

post-8090-14202568407097_thumb.jpg

And all done... I made a teenie modification so that the unnumbered plate could stay with the vehicle. I added a 1x3 beam into an open space under the hood and used the leftover stubby blue pins.

post-8090-1420261027212_thumb.jpg

Here is the plate attached.

post-8090-14202611031053_thumb.jpg

Finished shots...

post-8090-14202612523194_thumb.jpg

post-8090-14202613254671_thumb.jpg

In the words of my seven year old son... "This thing is a beast."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on your goals I think. If you bought it with Christmas promos a couple of years ago, and essentially can double your money right now, can't argue with that. If you hold it longer, I still think it will appreciate further, although I am less confident than I was 6 months ago. Thinking through the same decision myself. I will say if you are going to sell, it is advantageous to do so on eBay where you can use the Global Shipping Program.

• Like 1

I have a chance to sell my 41999. Question is it to early to get rid off it. The price seems to have picked back up after Christmas. Should I keep holding or sell it?

Like nolanfan said, it depends on what you paid and what your goals are. The impending retirement of the crawler (9398) makes this a tough question to answer. Without a cheaper option, aftermarket demand for either set could drive them both up further.

Personally, if you're happy with the profit you'll realize from this sale, I say go for it. I'm selling my last one if the price is right.... It really is a great set, but it almost seems like the "scandal" of only 20,000 made with resellers grabbing so many has turned a lot of people off and affected demand.

. It really is a great set, but it almost seems like the "scandal" of only 20,000 made with resellers grabbing so many has turned a lot of people off and affected demand.

exactly. it is an awesome build and set  (specially w/ the kids).  in my opinion, 41999 looks way better than 9398 although 9398 seems to handle  / climb better due to less weight and length.